PDA

View Full Version : Sonar with a video in port

aulrich
01-31-2014, 12:35 PM
Has anyone seen a sonar unit with a video-in port.

The idea is to make a sonar fish cam combo, long story as to why. but it ends with me having a controller box and an extra camera. I could find a portable DVD with a video in but the product documentation mentions plugging into a sonar so I thought two-fer.

now to find one.

huntsfurfish
01-31-2014, 12:54 PM
Lowrance HDS 9 and 12 require adapter cable though

huntsfurfish
01-31-2014, 12:55 PM
Bought the same box (aqua vu multi vu box)for an extra camera I have, it will work with my HDS 9.

Have the adapter for it already as well. It is 000-11010-001

Already had an extra 100' camera for my AV Scout and have a downrigger kit that I bought of AV now a good open water viewable screen(HDS9) will be able to video trolling:sHa_shakeshout:

Put in an extra mount for the Scotty electric just ahead of the consol on the starboard side to run downrigger and camera and can use MK Terova ipilot to steer-run bouncer behind DR should be able to see what/how they strike, whether or not they follow along for a while and such. Should be awesome.

cube
01-31-2014, 01:59 PM
Has anyone seen a sonar unit with a video-in port.

The idea is to make a sonar fish cam combo, long story as to why. but it ends with me having a controller box and an extra camera. I could find a portable DVD with a video in but the product documentation mentions plugging into a sonar so I thought two-fer.

now to find one.

Lowrance Touch series comes with a video in port.

aulrich
01-31-2014, 04:58 PM
Touch describes it , the price is quite the touch.

If I did not hate my elite 5 with such a passion I could seemaybe.

A 30$ 3.5" back up camera display might be the way to go and I could fit that into my home made hummingbird ice rig. still looking.

huntsfurfish
01-31-2014, 06:35 PM
Lowrance Touch series comes with a video in port.

Actually need an adapter cable.