PDA

View Full Version : Tikka T3 Camo???

NBFK
10-06-2008, 07:14 PM
On thge website they say this gun weighs in the same as the stainless synthetic. But on cabelas S.I.R winnepeg it says its 7 3/4 pounds does anyone own one or know for a fact what it weighs. Because I Can't find a 300 win anywhere in edmonton and was thinking of ordering it from winnipeg.

Mountain Guy
10-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Pretty sure the camo is the same as the stn. syn.
I've read somewhere ( probably the Tikka site ) that they're both the same ,
6 5/8 ' I think it was.
Which makes sense as I don't know why it would weigh more ?

bagwan
10-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Were you perchance looking at a laminated version as they are heavier? Camo is only paint.

NBFK
10-06-2008, 09:10 PM
No on the tikka site it says 6 5/8 but on S. I.R is where it through me a loop. It makes sense to me that it would weigh the same.

CaberTosser
10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I would lean towards the Tikka site being more accurate for data & specifications. Remember the SIR/Cabelas Canada catalog is just compiled by data entry clerks that have a mountain of stuff to deal with. I've noticed a pile of errors in their paper catalog. I get the feeling the data clerks are young due to the fact all the detachable magazines are listed as "clips", as are the rifles so equipped.

rena0040
10-06-2008, 09:43 PM
1 lb is an f-load of paint on that stock

T3man
10-07-2008, 06:51 AM
I have a t3 s/s and a good friend of mine has the como and they definatly weigh the same, good choice great accurate gun to shoot hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

.257Weatherby
10-07-2008, 09:33 AM
I san not say for certain what the Tikka will weigh in at in your choice of calibre, but when I go to Weatherby or Remignton or Browning they do say that certain guns in the same line will wight more do to barrel length/action length, and or depending on variations in wood too...
but my counting on my hands and toes I am unable to determine why there would be a differance of 3/8 of a pound for the one you are looking at ;)
Dont forget that when you add the scope and rings and bullets in teh magazine it will weigh signicantly more .
Tight Shooting.
Rob

NBFK
10-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the info but looks like after phoning down to russells that no one will have tikkas until spring. Looks like they got a couple of bad shipments of steel and havn't made any guns. Canada won't be looking at shipments until spring is what i was told.:cry:

Mountain Guy
10-07-2008, 10:06 PM
They had a 300 win mag Sako Finnlight at Shooting Edge in Calgary back when I got my 300wsm about a month ago.
It's only twice the price of the Tikka ;)