PDA

View Full Version : Ice auger broken pull cord

Gillfisher
02-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Hoping someone here can assist me we got out onto the ice yesterday and had a hard time trying to get my Eskimo Stingray ice auger going end result was a broken pull cord doh over 200 kilometers from home. Took it apart to re tie the rope and now I am unable to get the recoil spring wrapped correctly. Does anyone tips would be appreciated. Do you think Arn's Equipment in Calgary would be able to fix something like this ? On a good note we packed up headed down the lake borrowed an auger to drill a couple of holes and managed to ice 9 rainbows between my buddy and myself. We were at Beauvis lake by Pincher Creek

Thx Gillfisher

bubba 96
02-02-2014, 09:20 AM
A buddy of mine had his 9.9 merc pull starter fixed by a guy in airdrie, guy was Ritchie, Ritchie's small engine repair..

Burda'
02-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Return your auger, they should replace it

Gillfisher
02-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Returning the auger is not an option as it is about 3 years old

Game Hunter
02-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Do a search online, alot if those have the same technology.
What I've done in the past is wynd the internal spring by hand with another hand helping, turn the wheel at least 3-4 turns more than your pull cord length. Then have a c clamp handy to hold the tension on the wheel. then use fishing line to fish through the holes from the housing through the wheel, then tye on your pull cord and release the clamp. It should all go back in nicely, with descent recoil. Hope you understand.

Redfrog
02-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Is this a gas auger???:thinking-006:

Just kidding.:sHa_shakeshout:

Sometimes those pull cords are a pain to install. I've had to do lots over the years, mostly on weedwhackers, trimmers saws etc.
Any small engine repair can change it. I'd suggest you watch them rather than leave it. It only takes a couple minutes to fix it.

saskyangler
02-02-2014, 12:38 PM
youtube, i had the same problem with a recoil. super frustrating but totally doable yourself. no need to pay someone

burbhunter667
02-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Yes I had this happen to mine YouTube is awesome and will help and it's possible to do it with just ur hands and no tools but it's a little hard on the fingers but can be done. YouTube is your best resource nd you should be good to go.