PDA

View Full Version : Tobin Lake Conditions ?

Mr. Twister
02-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Hey fellas, I'm heading out to Tobin Lake later this month for walleye and pike, if anyone has been out lately or has info regarding ice and snow conditions i'd really appreciate it. I've been out once a season for the past couple years and always enjoy the experiance . I normally go to the flats for pike and off the resort boat launch a few miles for walleye . Post or PM if you have tips or suggestions.

Teamprotz
02-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Haven't heard recently but dad says they have a pile of snow.

Remi3006
02-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Bring your auger extension... 36" of ice as of last week. And with the weather they are having it's just getting thicker. I hear the fishing is good in the flats though. Vince has been plowing the access road, so travel shouldn't be a huge issue. let us know how you make out, I love that lake!

Mr. Twister
02-03-2014, 12:27 PM
yeah that is a ton of ice !! Your right he does do a really nice job on path ! Thanks for the Heads UP!
Have you heard how much snow they have ?

skidderman
02-03-2014, 12:38 PM
I don't know about Tobin but apparently Candle has 3 feet of ice. Lake is not drivable by truck due to heavy snow. I would expect Tobin would not be much different.

Mr. Twister
02-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Okay thanks !! might have to rethink the game plan and take the sleds just incase !!

Warmbreeze
02-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Is it safe to fish the river portion near Nipawin? Does anyone fish for the sturgeon in there during ice season?

Curious if it would be worth the time, say when the jacks and eyes aren't that active.