PDA

View Full Version : Pcr

TROLLER
02-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Anyone been out to Pine Coulee the last few days? I am wanting to know if they still have the gate locked at the boat launch.

THANKS

TROLLER
02-03-2014, 04:04 PM
No one?

Someone must have been to PCR this past week or so.

Any help is appreciated

THANKS

Tigger72
02-03-2014, 04:07 PM
I was out with a group of 6 of is last Saturday and the gates were up we didn't catch anything either after drilling holes everywhere along straight out and south if the launch ... Didn't look like anyone else was catching either

Scott N
02-03-2014, 04:28 PM
We were out a couple of weeks ago and the gate was locked. We talked with SRD when he checked our licenses, and it sounds like it will be locked up until spring.

TROLLER
02-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Thanks

Looks like no one is able to drive onto the ice for whatever reason.

rena0040
02-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Was there today, drove on, lots of tracks from others.
Fished 6 ft, no fish, 8 ft no fish, 12ft no fish, 23 ft no fish. First time ever skunked there. What was more discouraging was not seeing a single thing in the shallow water, not a walleye, burb, minnow, shrimp, not even a water boatman. A little concerning cause there was some stink coming up from the holes in the shallows and some rotten weeds came up when drilling holes. Is it possible for a lake that size to winter kill?

kinwahkly
02-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Very high pressured body if water over the last few years. , it's starting to show now. .

gr8tbigkid
02-04-2014, 05:53 PM
I dnt think it got overfished since last ice last year i had no issues catching fish right till end lotsa burbs lotsa eyes.... i ddnt make it this summer but was there 3 times this year first time at first safe ice 3.5":thinking-006: nothing nobody has caught anything cept few eyes that i have talked to something happened this year mabye floods? or contamination or something ..... i wish new was awsome to take kids there now not sooooo much........:argue2:

Habfan
02-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Was there today, drove on, lots of tracks from others.
Fished 6 ft, no fish, 8 ft no fish, 12ft no fish, 23 ft no fish. First time ever skunked there. What was more discouraging was not seeing a single thing in the shallow water, not a walleye, burb, minnow, shrimp, not even a water boatman. A little concerning cause there was some stink coming up from the holes in the shallows and some rotten weeds came up when drilling holes. Is it possible for a lake that size to winter kill?

This is what happens when u stock a lake full of fish but not let u keep ! The walleye Eat them selves out of house & home then stop growing ! Then slowly die off from lack of food.

Walleye99
02-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Nah the floods effed it up

kevinhits
02-04-2014, 07:06 PM
This is what happens when u stock a lake full of fish but not let u keep ! The walleye Eat them selves out of house & home then stop growing ! Then slowly die off from lack of food.

They are not eating the pike and burbs.....

Habfan
02-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Flood didn't effect that lake at all ? Plus nobody's catching the burbs now due to not being able to keep walleyes so they eat the burbs , then they get over fished now no burbs. Then the pike grow big enough to eat the small walleye that are stunted and now u have a pike fishery. Then the people keep all the pike and were at zero fish !

OneGirlWolfPack
02-04-2014, 08:53 PM
That's odd. I fished there a lot in the summer. I'm surprised the fishing is so bad now.

kevinhits
02-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Flood didn't effect that lake at all ? Plus nobody's catching the burbs now due to not being able to keep walleyes so they eat the burbs , then they get over fished now no burbs. Then the pike grow big enough to eat the small walleye that are stunted and now u have a pike fishery. Then the people keep all the pike and were at zero fish !

Not likely:bad_boys_20:

Jjolg123
02-04-2014, 09:44 PM
I spent the day south of the launch 2 mondays ago and throughout the day was seeing eyes and pike on the cam but not much for interest in biting. Stayed until 11pm and never really had the walleye biting frenzing at dark that im acustom too and only managed 6 eyes throughout the whole day. In my case they were showing on the camera and flasher but not as active as normal, was also my first time out not hooking into a burb on a tipup.

hardcorefishingking2
03-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Was out there today with some buddies. Nothing from 6am -1130am -1pm. Between 3 of us 19 eyes 1 burb. No one else came till we left about 2pm. Yes its very different at PCR these days. What happened to the burbs? Use to average 15 a person for a day trip? Looks like all the action is at Clear Lake and Chain in that area?

Wes_G
03-03-2014, 07:51 PM
My guess would be there have been fished out..... all these people burbot fishing that keep there limit usually doesn't help a fish population to much.

huntsfurfish
03-03-2014, 10:03 PM
My guess would be there have been fished out..... all these people burbot fishing that keep there limit usually doesn't help a fish population to much.

Agree

hunter312
03-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Just wondering do they still have the gates locked onto the ice at pine coulee?

Thanks

hardcorefishingking2
03-04-2014, 07:10 PM
No my friend. We were just there on Sunday :)

kylecott
03-06-2014, 12:12 PM
How has the fishing been there? Still slow?