PDA

View Full Version : Keeley Lake, Sask

walleyetis
02-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Could anyone tell me what the snow/ice conditions are like up at Keeley? Usually have buddies that can give me recent reports but nobody I know of has been up there recently. Just curious if the lake is accessible with trucks or if sleds are needed. I could always call the lodge too I suppose. Thanks in advance.

Graffy91
02-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Could anyone tell me what the snow/ice conditions are like up at Keeley? Usually have buddies that can give me recent reports but nobody I know of has been up there recently. Just curious if the lake is accessible with trucks or if sleds are needed. I could always call the lodge too I suppose. Thanks in advance.

Sleds. My uncle was just up there, very poor conditions and fishing. They ended up going to Canoe and that was even worse...

Bushmaster
02-03-2014, 04:52 PM
I was there a week ago....there were guys trying it with trucks but not advised. One group spent the nite out there (in a shack) and had to be rescued the next day. Sat morning there was what appeared to be a blood trail coming up off the lake....actually, it was tranny fluid. We used sleds and had no problems. There isn't that much snow but its hard and trucks tend to break thru and then its tough going.

wellpastcold
02-03-2014, 06:33 PM
We are going in about a week. Was there any flood water? How was the fishing?

Bushmaster
02-03-2014, 06:51 PM
I never saw any flood water. Fishing was pretty good.
There was lots of snow on the ice earlier but very warm weather caused it to sink down and it became like a hard packed snow. We were out in a 100% whiteout, which came up in just a few minutes. We fished thru it and had no problems finding our way but we have all been there many times and have a good grasp of the lake.....but marking the lodge on your GPS...along with your hotspots....would be a good idea.

walleyetis
02-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the replies fellas. Was thinking of heading up that way in the next couple weeks.