PDA

View Full Version : ATV/Bike access lakes in the spring/summer

JoeK
02-03-2014, 05:01 PM
A couple buddies and I wanted to take a weekend or two and fish some lakes without boat/truck access. Quad/moto trails only. Basically looking for a place we can set up a little camp, fish for pike/'eyes, and have some decent trails to rip around on. We definitely take the fishing over the riding, so if there's a spot that you know that has great fishing, but riding all day is frowned upon, we are just fine with that too. Within 5 hours of Edmonton would be great, and we have a little zodiac on an offroad trailer if that gives more options!

Thanks!

stubblejumper01
02-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Do a search for Lakeland Prov park by Pinehurst Lake. There are trails to Jackson, Blackett and Kinnard lakes. There is also an access off the Touchwood Lake road to these lakes. I went into Blackett a few years back there are some good trails there. We never fished but there is a camping area and there was even an outhouse. There are usually a few old car toppers left there that you can use, just need your own motor and paddles
There are a couple of lakes south of Slave Lake you can quad into one is Bruce, another is Parker I think and also Jessie lake. I think these are trout lakes though. Never been to them myself.