PDA

View Full Version : Sylvan lake success finally!

goose
02-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Well it took three trips but I finally have found a consistant white fish/walleye hook for Sylvan. What is really funny is the amount of money I spent trying to find what worked and lo and behold I had it already in my tackle box already, go figure lol. It is a wetsakiwin special in a fluroesent green with a red five of diamonds on it. We were in 16' of water with a mixture of sand and weeds on the bottom. I also saw some really nice size pike but they would only swim up to my lure and then swim away. Perhaps I should have rigged up a dead stick, hahahaha. Every white that I saw took a swing at this hook and they were trying to bit it most times and I was using no maggots or minnows. The access onto the lake has improved dramtically so we will be commisioning the perch prowler trialer in the next few weeks for a sleep over, hahahaha.

hope this helps folks

cheers
Goose :sHa_shakeshout:

Gslice
02-04-2014, 02:33 PM
interesting how that works. My trustworthy home made wireworm was under-performing last week. Glad to see the wetaskiwin was working. Perhaps this discrepancy is a mark for the start of the burbot spawning season.

btw, does anyone know what a fluttering wetaskiwin spoon is supposed to imitate? Never understood why it's so deadly during certain times in the year.

TJG
02-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Injured or dead minnow.

interesting how that works. My trustworthy home made wireworm was under-performing last week. Glad to see the wetaskiwin was working. Perhaps this discrepancy is a mark for the start of the burbot spawning season.

btw, does anyone know what a fluttering wetaskiwin spoon is supposed to imitate? Never understood why it's so deadly during certain times in the year.