PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Red Deer River by Drumheller

Duster
10-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Was just wondering if anybody is willing to share any info on where to go on the Red Deer by Drumheller for Walleye? Any info greatly appreciated

tuka
10-27-2008, 02:27 AM
i fished red deer river alot , and the walleye are not common there , try minnows they would go for that at sunset , theyre hard to find but the goldeye catch themselves there its pretty fun using worms

packhuntr
10-27-2008, 06:33 AM
Hey Duster. Actually, there are lots of eyes in that river. I have been fishing it for 30 years. If you want easily accessible there is Lots of decent spots right off the road. Just get on the hiway, start at Nacmine and go East all the way to Dorothy. There are some awesome spots. Prob one of the easiest to find for ya will be a hole just upriver of East Coulee. There is a small house about a half mile west of town right at a bend in the river. Try right there off the side of the hiway. There have been ALOT of big walleye pinned there, especially in the fall. Follow on foot upstream and you will see the mother of all holes, but you will need to get on the oposite side of the river to fish it. A canoe would be perfect. I would really concentrate on that if i was you,,,,, trust me. Right in Cambria, there is a hole where the Rosebud River enters the Red Deer just downstream of the Black bridge, the Balck bridge is gone now and a new one built, but you cant miss the bridge, its just a short walk down river to find the hole, though its not real big. I have caught some SLAMMERS in there and around there. Ive caught slammers all over on that river. Anyways, to check it all out along that stretch of river is pretty easy, have fun.

bobalong
10-27-2008, 08:10 AM
I saw a pic of a walleye that came out of the Red Deer a couple of weeks back that may be the new provincial record. Unofficial weight about 18 lbs.

tchow
10-27-2008, 06:55 PM
The Rosebud hole is a great place to go. I went there when nobody knew about it as there was no trails in. It's too bad that it has become more well known. Place is now littered with empty 1 lb Propane tanks, general GARBAGE, etc.
It "was" a great place to go where you didn't see the remnants of irresponsible fisherpeople !!:mad:

Duster
10-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks for all the help guys will give it a go.