PDA

View Full Version : How's Wabamun doing?

timsesink
02-06-2014, 11:11 AM
I'm heading out Saturday for some fishing, any recent info?

Safety D
02-06-2014, 11:57 AM
anyone able to drive on at the sailing club ?

Geezle
02-06-2014, 03:32 PM
I was out at Fallis for a few hours yesterday...overall I'd say the pike fishing was on the slow side, but I did manage to ice a few...nothing big enough to bother measuring/weighing. Saw TONS of whites on the camera as well.

Access is good at both Fallis and the townsite. Not sure about the sailing club.

Sooner
02-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Can you see the whitefish cruisin if your in a tent? When I was a kid Fallis was the go to place and we would lay on a mat with a blanket over our heads. Once we got a tent it was cool to see the fish. Want to take a friend out and it would be nice if the kids can see some fish cruise by(and maybe catch) while we watch for tip ups.

bushcrafter
02-06-2014, 05:00 PM
I drove by the sailing club about an hour ago on my way name from work. Didnt take my gear today cuz if was supposed to be cold. There were two trucks out there this afternoon. Any four wheel drive will be able to make it on but there is a small drift tha may stop a car.

CanadianBadass
02-06-2014, 05:31 PM
I was out at Fallis for a few hours yesterday...overall I'd say the pike fishing was on the slow side, but I did manage to ice a few...nothing big enough to bother measuring/weighing. Saw TONS of whites on the camera as well.

Access is good at both Fallis and the townsite. Not sure about the sailing club.

Lol Trust me, I heard it when you accessed the ice on townsite on sunday lol, I was the only tent on the ice when I seen your dodge go by me lol, I always get the early start lol

Hope your day was not as slow as mine was on sunday , Managed about a dozen of those tiny perch, and 2 nice pike, one being 35" and the other being 39"

But only 2 bites, and 2 fish landed, so slow for bites, but I took advantage of the ones I did get

Safety D
02-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Thanks Bushcrafter

Geezle
02-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Lol Trust me, I heard it when you accessed the ice on townsite on sunday lol, I was the only tent on the ice when I seen your dodge go by me lol, I always get the early start lol

Hope your day was not as slow as mine was on sunday , Managed about a dozen of those tiny perch, and 2 nice pike, one being 35" and the other being 39"

But only 2 bites, and 2 fish landed, so slow for bites, but I took advantage of the ones I did get

Sunday was slow for us too, but one in the group did manage a 9lb burbot :cool: