PDA

View Full Version : Tyrell lake

dcampbster
02-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Nice lake ,why don't they stock it anymore. Used to produce nice fish.

Scott N
02-10-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm guessing because of the high level of alkali in that lake?

TROLLER
02-10-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm guessing because of the high level of alkali in that lake?

Right on. Used to fish that lake 2- 3 times a week. Bring your boat out of the water and you could feel the salt like alkali on the sides. All your gear gets a white salt like substance on it as well.

there are some nice trout in Tyrell but with all the fresh shrimp they are tough to catch. Was there one day a few years back when the truck dropped off 80,000 minnows, the sea gulls were so full after that they could not even get out of the way of the boat lol

there are still fish in there but hard to catch especially through the ice. IMHO

Wes_G
02-10-2014, 10:29 PM
Fished that lake many times when they used to stock it. Never caught a thing and never even seen anyone else catch anything either.

TROLLER
02-11-2014, 03:59 PM
All those old boys fishing off the shore with their coloured popcorn used to catch some decent trout out of Tyrell. But they would show up before light and fish till dark most every day.

Don't know if they still are there but one thing is for sure if there is a lake more difficult to fish than Ghost it is Tyrell.

muddy
02-11-2014, 07:09 PM
I talked to the CO a few weeks ago and asked about Terrell. He said they do still stock it. Only at night. for the seagull thing mentioned before. I have caught a few (very few) fish there. all look like footballs. I have seen a couple of 9lb trout caught there. One fellow was at the south end sleeping in his car with the rod by the door. The rod was about to disappear before he woke up and reeled in one of them. I agree with the others though tough lake to fish. great place to get skunked

huntsfurfish
02-11-2014, 10:44 PM
I talked to the CO a few weeks ago and asked about Terrell. He said they do still stock it. Only at night. for the seagull thing mentioned before. I have caught a few (very few) fish there. all look like footballs. I have seen a couple of 9lb trout caught there. One fellow was at the south end sleeping in his car with the rod by the door. The rod was about to disappear before he woke up and reeled in one of them. I agree with the others though tough lake to fish. great place to get skunked

Whaaaaaaaat

?