PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Brooke Trout

Perchslayer
02-11-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm heading out to Spruce Coulee this long weekend and I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me? What kind of lures or the best spots to go! It would be awesome to get some responses thank you!

:test:

Perchslayer
02-11-2014, 05:46 PM
"Ice Fishing"

DuhPikeMasta
02-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Small silver and blue williams wablers work well for me, also worms are tried and true for trout I find. Powerbait dough sometimes, small jigs and even jigging wet flies.
Wetaskawin spoons as well,

Perchslayer
02-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Thanks man appreciate it!

Fish-Taco
02-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Small minnows (real and fake) i found work the best. i use about a 2-3 ft flouro leader, not sure if it helps or not but i cant see it hurting. I usually fish in less that 10' of water. Sight fishing works the best but can be annoying when they check everything out and dont bite. :argue2:

Good luck!

BassDude
02-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Dead stick Dew Worms on #8 hooks, or trail a stone fly behind a kastmaster spoon. Also small red tiger rapala ice fishing jigs.

Perchslayer
02-12-2014, 09:58 PM
Small minnows (real and fake) i found work the best. i use about a 2-3 ft flouro leader, not sure if it helps or not but i cant see it hurting. I usually fish in less that 10' of water. Sight fishing works the best but can be annoying when they check everything out and dont bite. :argue2:

Good luck!

Brook trout move to shallower water during this time of year I'm assuming?

Speckle55
02-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Yes they can be in shallower more towards ice out

I use a jig with a chartreuse head or green and tip the jig with the bottom half of a dew worm or a Giant Meal worm if bait is allowed

Yellow or white twister jig medium size

David:)

Kaden555
02-12-2014, 10:48 PM
I didn't have much luck around the corner. Everyone else was fishing by the damn.

Perchslayer
02-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Yes they can be in shallower more towards ice out

I use a jig with a chartreuse head or green and tip the jig with the bottom half of a dew worm or a Giant Meal worm if bait is allowed

Yellow or white twister jig medium size

David:)
Thanks man, ill let you know how it goes the brook around here are very fussy no one hardly takes anything home or even catches anything