PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake Conditions

beerhunter
02-11-2014, 10:52 PM
Haven't seen a recent update on ice conditions. Anyone who has been out recently please let us all know.

Thanks

beerhunter
02-12-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm sure someone has been fishing there recently. Help us out folks.

Thanks

TippyCanoe
02-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Nothing? I'm curious as well as I'm headed up soon. I'm assuming after this cold snap the ice must be solid and lots thick enough to drive on.

anybody?

beerhunter
02-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Please:fishing:

WildCats
02-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Easy access with a vehicle, pickups getting around without issues. Plenty of ice anywhere I've been on the lake. Fishing has been slow however I've only been targeting walleye, very inactive and a tough bite. Mid winter is usually hit and miss on Pigeon.

WC

Fritze
02-12-2014, 09:43 PM
yep what this guy said^^^
conditions are great, good truck access, ice ranges from 12-16 inches.

however fishing has been crap. nothin but a couple of big burbot and a few dinky pike

coyotezh
02-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Easy access with a vehicle, pickups getting around without issues. Plenty of ice anywhere I've been on the lake. Fishing has been slow however I've only been targeting walleye, very inactive and a tough bite. Mid winter is usually hit and miss on Pigeon.

WC

I have seen People drove on/ cross pigeon even before recent cold weather blast. Walleyes in Pigeon appeared to be biting better last year. I have trouble to find walleyes this year too... late winter will be better? I'll see.

beerhunter
02-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Anyone out on the lake today. Just trying to find out ice conditions please.

bloopbloob
02-16-2014, 05:34 AM
Was out there yesterday. 18" of good clear ice. Drove on. Not a single fish between 4 of us, and not a single thing on the camera.

JohnnyD
02-16-2014, 04:10 PM
Lots of ice on Pigeon right now. Trucks driving all over the place including right across. There is next to no snow and the surface ice is very ruff from the melt down. During sunny days the walleye have been shallow between 6-9 fow, on overcast days move a little deeper and keep moving around until you start catching. The bite has been pretty unreal the last 2 days, makes all those slow days totally worth it.