PDA

View Full Version : Maui Fishing?

2big4u
10-09-2008, 07:46 AM
While I am waiting for hard water...

I am heading down to Keihei for a week (Nov 7-14) and would like to spend a day fishing while there. Has anybody been out fishing in Maui? I have heard that Oahu is a better island to fish out of. Any reccomendations would be great.

Thanks

Dan

chuck0039
10-09-2008, 08:34 AM
http://www.sportfishingmaui.com/

I booked with them and had so much fun. The captian asked me if I want to try for marlin or catch fish. He put me on so much yellow fin tuna my arms where like jello and the end we hooked a shark crazy wicked fun. I booked a second trip with and he took me out for Mai Mai we hammered around 15 large Mai Mai. If you book ask for Captian Mark Davis. I would book with them again and would recommend them to any one.

chuck0039
10-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Oh yeah, I booked a private charter. Take a friend with you if possible. there was two of us and we could barely keep up. I will post pictures tonight I have them on my labtop

fisher5
10-10-2008, 09:01 AM
You can fish from shore. Bring pickeral rigs (lots). Take a walk down beach 1, Beach 2. You will see the local fish from the coral. Use squid, shrimp etc. Go to the first marina south of beach 1 - 1-2 minute drive and park there. Take the walking trail to the hotel south of Marina. You will see large lava/coral out front of hotel. The locals have pvc pipes that they have set in the lava for rod holders. They fish at night and during the day. It is also turtle highway. Watch out for sudden waves. The locals will point you in the right direction.

fishead
10-10-2008, 09:42 AM
These guys are based out of Lahaina, we went with them last last year and had a great time. They are one of only a few charters that actually bottom fish instead of just trolling around. They will even let you keep a few and fillet them for you.

http://www.luckeystrike.com/

2big4u
10-10-2008, 10:34 AM
You can fish from shore. Bring pickeral rigs (lots). Take a walk down beach 1, Beach 2. You will see the local fish from the coral. Use squid, shrimp etc. Go to the first marina south of beach 1 - 1-2 minute drive and park there. Take the walking trail to the hotel south of Marina. You will see large lava/coral out front of hotel. The locals have pvc pipes that they have set in the lava for rod holders. They fish at night and during the day. It is also turtle highway. Watch out for sudden waves. The locals will point you in the right direction.

Beach 1, Beach 2 From what location? Lahaina Kihei? Shore fishing might be fun too..

fisher5
10-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Kehei. the locals will give you tips. Pickeral rig on bottom and bring lots. Absolute blast