PDA

View Full Version : Fishing lodge for my 30th Birthday

Icatchfish
02-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Hey guys,
my 30th b-day is approaching and i decided I want to to do a fishing trip, maybe salmon in BC?

looking to book something for mid april, if anyone got any ideas or suggestions as to what lodge, where and what fish species i can target at that time of year

any recommendations or reviews of outfitters are greatly appreciated

Thanks

Serengeti Charters
02-12-2014, 02:48 PM
We would love to have you out, not much around mid April though so if you are flexible on your dates can hook you up with an amazing trip. I'll PM you more details. :)

BeeGuy
02-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Have you considered something tropical?

Bigger, meaner, harder fighting fish and many more species to target.

Thunder Elk Hunter
02-12-2014, 06:05 PM
If you were going later in the year I would give GPSL a call

davegrant
02-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Fraser Sturgeon do a spring run at this time,steelhead in the Vedder and there is winter Chinook in the harbour. Check out Vic at STS guiding (guidebc.com)
he can put u on all 3. No bigger thrill than a 7 foot dino. (well maybe a 10 foot)

CanadianBadass
02-12-2014, 08:45 PM
I went too A place Called Kyuquot Sound in B.C ..

This trip was given too me from work , we spent 4 full Days and 2 Evening salmon Nights out fishing, the lodge was amazing, the hospitality was unreal

The Company we Hired was "Murphys Sportfishing" ..... We had 12 People in 6 Boats, So it worked out nice 2 people fishing/boat.. Everything we could have wished for, Fresh cooked meals the minute your off the boats, Home cooked meals were delicious ,

Each day we were Guided by a new Guide, changing things up each day , Our Guides were Natives from the Village of Kyuquot, who's families have been living there for many years, it was a very unreal experience

My friend and I were almost limited out our first full day out, the fishing was crazy good, many different types of Rock Fish, nice large Halibut, Tons of Salmon, and the Scenery was unreal .

Here is some pics from the trip .

The pictures with the fish on the docks, those were one day Hauls for me and my buddy ! Which I took to a cannery and shipped home to my freezer all processed

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Kyuquot,+BC/@50.030858,-127.374112,83m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x5463cf134af91319:0x45037 3de18e73796

dale7637
02-12-2014, 09:15 PM
I went too A place Called Kyuquot Sound in B.C ..

This trip was given too me from work , we spent 4 full Days and 2 Evening salmon Nights out fishing, the lodge was amazing, the hospitality was unreal

The Company we Hired was "Murphys Sportfishing" ..... We had 12 People in 6 Boats, So it worked out nice 2 people fishing/boat.. Everything we could have wished for, Fresh cooked meals the minute your off the boats, Home cooked meals were delicious ,

Each day we were Guided by a new Guide, changing things up each day , Our Guides were Natives from the Village of Kyuquot, who's families have been living there for many years, it was a very unreal experience

My friend and I were almost limited out our first full day out, the fishing was crazy good, many different types of Rock Fish, nice large Halibut, Tons of Salmon, and the Scenery was unreal .

Here is some pics from the trip .

The pictures with the fish on the docks, those were one day Hauls for me and my buddy ! Which I took to a cannery and shipped home to my freezer all processed

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Kyuquot,+BC/@50.030858,-127.374112,83m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x5463cf134af91319:0x45037 3de18e73796

I see that you had the pleasure of fishing with senior... That's a professional if I have ever seen one.
We have fished with Murphy twice, you would not regret the opportunity.

That being said, I don't have anything to base it against.

CanadianBadass
02-12-2014, 09:27 PM
I see that you had the pleasure of fishing with senior... That's a professional if I have ever seen one.
We have fished with Murphy twice, you would not regret the opportunity.

That being said, I don't have anything to base it against.

Yes I did. I also went with his son Jr

but yes. Henry was incredible . He says "what do you wanna catch today" lol and he got us whatever we wanted whenever . . Asked for halibut fishing. And we caught halibut . It was pretty cool