PDA

View Full Version : bass pro's lifetime socks.

waterninja
02-15-2014, 01:04 AM
i'm sure that a lot of members have been in a bass pro store (i go to the one in calgary every couple of months). bass pro sells a brand of "redhead" socks that you can exchange anytime you like for a new pair, without a reciept and no questions asked. in other words, one pair will last you a lifetime.
was there last week and brought about a dozen pair to exchange for new ones for myself and a friend. i noticed that they have changed the way they are made (the new ones have readhead printed in red instead of familar blue). i am not suggesting the new ones are not as good as the old ones, though my friend thinks they are thinner.
i know it's not really a big deal (1st world rant), but i don't really like the fact that after promising to replace the old socks for new one's that are the same, they come up with something different. i go to a lot of trouble to insure my feet are warm, dry and comfortable so footwear (even socks) matter to me.
anyone else think it is a liitle wrong to change the product? for the record i think the new socks are fine.

Big Racks
02-15-2014, 01:17 AM
Guess it depends on the "fine print" on the guarantee. If it says somewhere that they'll replace them with "the same or comparable" product, then that leaves a lot open to interpretation. Shouldn't be right, but products will eventually change over time, not always for the better.

HunterDave
02-15-2014, 01:46 AM
I've got three pairs to exchange and I've been looking for the receipt. Can you confirm that you didn't need the receipt? I really don't care if they quality changed, as long as they are decent and I can trade them in when they wear out. Tx!

CeeZee
02-15-2014, 07:38 AM
I have two pairs to replace, mine wore out very very quickly! I live 4 hours from BPS and everytime we happen to be in Airdrie or Calgary I forget the darn socks lol. I will find out when I get there if I can do it without paper, as I have had mine a while.

Chewie66
02-15-2014, 07:48 AM
I've got three pairs to exchange and I've been looking for the receipt. Can you confirm that you didn't need the receipt? I really don't care if they quality changed, as long as they are decent and I can trade them in when they wear out. Tx!

No receipt needed. As long as they can see some of the writing on the sock to identify them they exchange them, no questions asked.

theoldguy
02-15-2014, 08:17 AM
I have two pairs to replace, mine wore out very very quickly! I live 4 hours from BPS and everytime we happen to be in Airdrie or Calgary I forget the darn socks lol. I will find out when I get there if I can do it without paper, as I have had mine a while.

You don't need a receipt. I have changed 4 pair - just let them know at the front counter what's happening. Pretty good deal. Tog

waterninja
02-15-2014, 10:20 AM
You don't need a receipt. I have changed 4 pair - just let them know at the front counter what's happening. Pretty good deal. Tog
not only is it a good deal but it get better at times. i once brought in 8 pair to exchange and they happened to be on sale that day (2 bucks off). i got 8 new pair plus 16.00 that i was not expecting.