PDA

View Full Version : Peerless lake

dbllung
02-15-2014, 10:06 AM
I will be headed to Peerless fishing tomorrow
I have never ice fished it before. I heard that the ice there can be dangerous .. Have people been driving on the lake ? Do you need to bring a snowmobile?
If any one has any suggestions on where to start the search for lakers you could pm me. Any help would be appreciated.

Warmbreeze
02-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Which route are you planning on taking? Through Red Earth or the winter road off of Chip Lake road? Want to try the winter road but not sure if it goes all the way to Peerless/Trout. Also, where you planning to stay? Would be wicked if you could just drive on it. It is a fair drive so I would bring sled just in case, unless you know for sure.

dbllung
02-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Going through red earth. Just going up for the day
Hoping to locate the lakers in there. I have heard that the ice there doesn't form that good. Because it is a long drive for one day of fishing I am just trying to get a place to start. If I can't get any intel we'll just do it the old fashioned way!!!!
Cut as many holes as you can and use the depth charts we have. Big lake and not sure which end to start on

chad66
02-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Which route are you planning on taking? Through Red Earth or the winter road off of Chip Lake road? Want to try the winter road but not sure if it goes all the way to Peerless/Trout. Also, where you planning to stay? Would be wicked if you could just drive on it. It is a fair drive so I would bring sled just in case, unless you know for sure.

I am not sure of the road names but I have a friend who tells me that there is winter access from Wabasca north through Graham Lake/Peerless right now meaning a back road to Red Earth.

tight line
02-15-2014, 07:08 PM
Fished it a bit a few years ago, caught some beauts! I fished just off the campground in 80 fow, there was no vehicle tracks anywhereon the lake that i could see. I walked on, had to go out about 20-300yrds. Lock your stuff. I looked out my shack and had 4 people heading towards my truck, which i parked out of sight. My biggest was 36.5x17.5, very good tasting lakers! Good luck

dbllung
02-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the advice. We will doing some run and gun till we find them
Did you ever get good numbers of fish? Or just the odd one that was big

tight line
02-15-2014, 09:06 PM
The most i got was 4 in a day.. That was fishing blind! Smallest was 10lbish. Went back with my flasher and didnt do any better, with a sled you should be able to explore pretty good and try and find some good drop offs! There was so much snow when i was there 2 years ago..Walking with a sled was brutal! Lol

dbllung
02-15-2014, 09:43 PM
We will be pounding bottom with tubes and bait. Will let you know how it goes
Thanks

dbllung
02-15-2014, 09:56 PM
Pm sent to tight lines

dbllung
02-16-2014, 08:06 PM
50 k north east winds 5 cm snow ...
4 fisherman x 6-1/2 hours of fishing ...
Fished 8 feet to 80 feet with every bait and tube jig color we own
1 bite led to 1 landed fish .. (8 lbs)
BRUTALLY tough day... Barometric pressure dropping like a rock and back side of full moon to boot. Oh well good company on the ice!!

tight line
02-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Too bad.. Atleast you got 1! Good eating size anyway!

dbllung
02-16-2014, 08:17 PM
I will be back on the next high pressure day. When we can get an idea what that lake is capable of producing. We were badly handcuffed with the conditions today... Not a good day for fishing any species , and I have always found lakers to be especially sensitive to barometric pressure fluctuations ..
Next time!!!