PDA

View Full Version : Compact Tracked Loader Purchase

406gto
02-16-2014, 05:19 PM
HI: I'm sure some guy's here can maybe help with some information, pertaining to 70-74h.p. machine's, in Edmonton area wondering how people have been treated with the dealers as far as After purchase, also if anybody can give some Knowledge on Downtime,Part's pricing,Service After sale,Re-Sale, the Machine Type's are as follow's and in Order as typed:
Bobcat T650
Cat 259D
Kubota SVL75-2

Thank's

SteyrSSG
02-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Hi there;
I have been running John Deere and CAT products for the past couple of years. I find both brands very reliable. Brandt and Finning have been very supportive. Now I guess I should preface my comments a bit, I do use the machines in a training environment. Currently I have only CAT's but that is purely from a purchasing and resale perspective. The CAT's are available with changeable hand control patterns to maximize an operators production. Their radios also allow for a blue tooth connection another handy feature. The CAT Rental store also carries a large selection of attachments to help a small contractor.
Please feel free to PM me for any additional info. And, if I can convince you to upsize. I have a 2012, 289C coming up for sale with less than 400hrs. :sHa_shakeshout:

bison
02-16-2014, 10:07 PM
CTL's are high maintenance and therefore expensive to operate.
5-6 grand for a set of tracks is normal,.you're lucky to get 2000 hrs out of them.
Don't ask how i know.

You're better off with an articulated CL

my 2c