PDA

View Full Version : Info on tent trailers?

wayne_kenoff
02-16-2014, 07:28 PM
Hey everyone, im a newbie to the site and I am about to begin researching what to look for in buying a tent trailer. I have been tenting my whole life and would like to make an upgrade. I am not very knowledgeable about brands, sizes or what to look for so im hoping I could get some help here. I need it to sleep three or four and would like it to have a working heat source. Could I maybe get some tips or pointers around what to look for? thank you very much!!!

xxclaro
02-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Mainly I would look for leaks, particularly the roof, and make sure nothing is rotting. Condition of the canvas as well, some of the older ones the material is getting pretty ragged. Otherwise, if it doesn't leak and the material is sound, all you really need to decide is what you want out of it and how much your willing to pay.

I bought one last year for me and the wife. It has one queen size bed and a double,and the table area folds out into a bed as well. Depending how friendly you are, you could sleep 5 in it pretty easy. Furnace is nice to have in the early and late season. Don't use the stove much, but can be handy for making coffee if its miserable out.

I'd make sure the lights are working and the wiring isn't chewed up, and go ahead and check/repack the bearings so you know they are good. Other than that, happy camping! Sure does beat a tent, I will say that!