PDA

View Full Version : Truck stolen, driven through wall at Warehouse Sports in St.Paul

Lone_Wolf
02-17-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm absolutely beside myself right now. Last night a stolen truck was driven through the wall of Warehouse Sports on main street in St.Paul. I don't have any other information at this time as the news is just breaking on Facebook.

I shop there regularly. They're great people and an absolute pleasure to deal with. I'm literally sick to my stomach to see something so terrible happen to such good people. I just can't believe it.

On top of that, I had a caribou shoulder mount handed down to me a few years ago. Due to it's larger size I didn't have space for it, so I put it on display at Warehouse Sports. A lot of people enjoyed seeing it as not a lot of outdoor/hunting stores have a caribou. Other people had their taxidermy on display as well. One of the more notable mounts was a gorgeous elk shoulder mount and in a picture I saw it was piled up in some debris so I'm fearing it was heavily damaged. :(

I've looked at pictures of my caribou hung in the store and it was in close proximity to where the truck punched through the building, so it's a 50/50 chance it was either damaged or survived. If it did survive it may have been stolen. Since this just took place last night and it being Family Day I'm not going to bother the owner today. He'll have enough on his mind. Tomorrow I need to go to Bonnyville in the AM so after that I'm going to carry on to St.Paul and see if I can learn the status of my caribou.

Pictures coming shortly..............

Lone_Wolf
02-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Here are the pictures. First one is from the outside.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/CamoXtreme/1961497_10151922158707592_1931563730_n_zps2cd9a598 .jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/CamoXtreme/media/1961497_10151922158707592_1931563730_n_zps2cd9a598 .jpg.html)

And here's an interior shot. You can see the elk to the left. My caribou was hanging within a few feet of the moose plaque mount, as seen on the right.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/CamoXtreme/1899000_10151922472817592_213240971_n_zpsb10255e4. jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/CamoXtreme/media/1899000_10151922472817592_213240971_n_zpsb10255e4. jpg.html)

Ken07AOVette
02-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Ah that sucks, sorry buddy.

I have been there lots, great guys. Bought a few rifles and scopes there.

Dirty rotten criminals.

Cement Bench
02-17-2014, 11:45 AM
same thing happened in warburg not sure it they are now closed

Cement Bench

xxclaro
02-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Wow, that sucks! I go there pretty regularly too, guess they won't be open for a while now. Any idea of what was taken, or if they caught anyone? Hopefully they don't get far.

Lone_Wolf
02-17-2014, 12:03 PM
I don't have any news yet on what was stolen, if anything. I also haven't heard if there are any suspects.

There is a bank directly across the street so hopefully their cameras caught something that could be used to ID the loser(s).

tri777
02-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Dirty rotten criminals.

Straight to execution please&thx,
yup,gotta start somewhere, wrist tapings no longer suffice!

deerhunter
02-17-2014, 02:30 PM
You gotta wonder how the hell these guys get away with this.
A on Main Street
B RCMP are 4 blocks away
C. The place is alarmed
D you can't tell me there is no traffic at 4 in the morning in St. Paul
E there must be a patrol car near by in St Paul
F probably the same ones that are hitting the ATM's

Really sucks Daryl and his staff are great people to deal with
Hope the catch the buggers on a side road

Bushmonkey
02-17-2014, 03:42 PM
heard a bunch of guns especially hand guns were stolen as well

covey ridge
02-17-2014, 04:36 PM
heard a bunch of guns especially hand guns were stolen as well

I would expect that firearms are the sole object of the break in. I doubt that any mounts would be stolen. These drive in break ins became so popular in Calgary about 20 years ago that some merchant installed concrete filled poles.
I saw a video from the inside of a gun store that was hit in Calgary. The bad guys were in only for minutes and went straight for the hand guns.

covey ridge
02-17-2014, 04:40 PM
You gotta wonder how the hell these guys get away with this.
A on Main Street
B RCMP are 4 blocks away
C. The place is alarmed
D you can't tell me there is no traffic at 4 in the morning in St. Paul
E there must be a patrol car near by in St Paul
F probably the same ones that are hitting the ATM's

Really sucks Daryl and his staff are great people to deal with
Hope the catch the buggers on a side road

These guys often target places that have a large vacant parking lot out front and never seem to be concerned about alarms.

4thredneck
02-17-2014, 04:44 PM
9 handguns stolen from a display case $10000 reward has been offered.

just_dave
02-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Brutal.

We need to start branding these people.

http://bbqgrillgifts.biz/CI/CI-Lg/CLASSIC-T-2.jpg

brother1
02-18-2014, 03:24 PM
These criminals make me sick! People risk tons of money to start up a business, employee a bunch of people and provide an excellent service...and some F*&%$@G (F*&%$@G) low life's destroy it in a matter of minutes! It's always a dream to open up a store like that, but a guy's always worried about the financial risk...then crap like this happens!!! I hope that Daryl and his crew can recover ok from this, and have adequate insurance...and I hope they catch the ...people...who did this.

JULIUS
02-18-2014, 03:31 PM
I tend to agree with the messages posted here. These things never happen in a vacuum and they always tell someone. So with all the members on this sight hopefully we will hear something and pass it on to those effected by this garbage. There have been numerous sporting good stored targeted in the province over the last year and this does not help the cause of any outdoors person. Particularily when guns are stolen, it just fires up the anti gun crowd. Hope they find these guys soon.

Lone_Wolf
02-18-2014, 08:11 PM
I stopped by the store today to check things out. I was relieved to see my caribou mount still hanging on the wall and untouched, but just barely. There was a mere one foot between it and the wall that came down.

By some miracle the taxidermy that was involved in the impact was virtually undamaged. Even the elk shoulder mount was fine. :) The only damage was to the moose plaque mount that was hanging beside my caribou. The plaque had a crack in it.

Sadly there was a lot of merchandise such as rifles, scopes, and binoculars that were damaged or destroyed. :(

Burglecut83
02-18-2014, 10:13 PM
This really ****es me off. I used to go in this store regularly when I was working near St. Paul. The owner seemed like a great guy. I hope that he can recover from this and the arseclown thieves get caught and locked up for a good long time.

BobaFett
02-18-2014, 11:08 PM
Glad to hear the taxidermy was ok as I think that is my moose rack in the picture! I had a 160" moose rack hanging in the store. Hope it's ok. Don't care about the plaque but hopefully the skull is intact.

Lone_Wolf
02-19-2014, 01:17 AM
Glad to hear the taxidermy was ok as I think that is my moose rack in the picture! I had a 160" moose rack hanging in the store. Hope it's ok. Don't care about the plaque but hopefully the skull is intact.

If your moose rack was the one hanging beside my caribou then yes, that would be it in the picture.

deerhunter
02-19-2014, 08:00 AM
It's strange that this breakin is not on the Alberta Police Report web.
Also I have not seen anything in the paper. Unless I missed it in the paper.

Lone_Wolf
02-24-2014, 06:16 PM
Sylvester's in Bonnyville was hit today, sometime before 8 AM. Same thing: vehicle crashed into the building to gain access. I don't have any other details right now, but I think it's fair to assume firearms were stolen.

Just sickening.

brownbomber
02-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Was just at Sylvester's the other day.

Kurt505
02-24-2014, 06:20 PM
What's it going to be, Glendon or Lac La Biche next?

brownbomber
02-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Or exsile in cold lake

tri777
02-24-2014, 07:47 PM
Sylvester's in Bonnyville was hit today, sometime before 8 AM. Same thing: vehicle crashed into the building to gain access. .

****'s sake!!!..this is sickening,,
"Calling H1N1,your needed pronto!

Seriously though,Please everyone, keep your ears peeled for
big mouthed ego's whom are likely to not be able to keep
this deed of today quiet!