PDA

View Full Version : Montana boarder crossing

mayuan
02-17-2014, 08:09 PM
Looking for some advise on the best way to Whitefish. I use the Rooseville crossing and haven't had any issues, but the Carway crossing is the same distance. The only difference would be that I would spend more time on the Montana roads if I use Carway (from what I've seen the roads in Montana are poor at best).

Anyone have some advise?

Gunfighter
02-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Looking for some advise on the best way to Whitefish. I use the Rooseville crossing and haven't had any issues, but the Carway crossing is the same distance. The only difference would be that I would spend more time on the Montana roads if I use Carway (from what I've seen the roads in Montana are poor at best).

Anyone have some advise?

Caraway to whitefish is poor condition and twisty as all heck

vinny
02-18-2014, 02:05 AM
Stick to Rooseville.

rwm1273
02-18-2014, 02:34 AM
Stick to Rooseville.

X2

Taco
02-18-2014, 07:04 AM
Roosville if you like starin' at the same stretch of rd all the time.

brazeau
02-18-2014, 07:39 AM
^^^ ???

Taco
02-18-2014, 08:00 AM
^^^ ???

Have another coffee and think about it...... if there's 2 or 3 ways to get from point A to point B do you always take the quickest and smoothest or do you change it up every once in a while and take a boo at some different scenery??

rwm1273
02-18-2014, 08:18 AM
Have another coffee and think about it...... if there's 2 or 3 ways to get from point A to point B do you always take the quickest and smoothest or do you change it up every once in a while and take a boo at some different scenery??

The drive through Caraway is longer in time due to the roads. And this time of year that can be a big reason to stay away from it. In the summer, drive down the one way, and back the other, and enjoy both.

mayuan
02-18-2014, 08:47 AM
Thanks, everyone! I will be taking the Rooseville crossing.

Taco hit it right on the button, I was interested in different scenery. I just wanted to make sure the highways were worth driving. In the summer I might change it up.

B00MER
02-18-2014, 10:33 AM
Thanks, everyone! I will be taking the Rooseville crossing.

Taco hit it right on the button, I was interested in different scenery. I just wanted to make sure the highways were worth driving. In the summer I might change it up.

In the summer come back over the "Road to the Sun", through Glacier National Park. A small fee, and sometimes quite busy and slow, but huge wow factor.

hollowleg
02-19-2014, 11:47 AM
In the summer take "Road To The Sun". Actually the only time it is open I think. Absolutely beautiful and relaxing as lower speed limit. No long vehicles allowed on it (over 21'). Don't know the name of the border crossing there.

Gunfighter
02-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Going to the sun road is awesome on the Bike as well