PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some info on Scopes?

Grizzlyman1980
10-10-2008, 05:56 PM
I Just ordered a .338 Ultra Mag and would like to put a Fairly nice Scope on it,Budget is between 5-600 dollars,anybody have any ideas,im leaning towards a Bushnell 4200,Thanks GrizzlyMan 1980

Dick284
10-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Zeiss Conquest, Leupold VXII, 4200 Busnell in that order.
If most of the VXIII's were in your price range it would be a tie for first place.

Solothurn
10-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Pretty hard to go wrong with Leupold. The 4200 Bushnels are decent scopes as well for a plain old hunting purpose.
The Leupolds enjoy the instant service by being serviced locaaly usually within a week shoud things go bad.
Nightforce build 1 of the best scopes available, but are easily double your budget.

sbtennex
10-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Zeiss Conquest, Leupold VXII, 4200 Busnell in that order.
If most of the VXIII's were in your price range it would be a tie for first place.

I have all of these - the Conquest (3.5-10X44) easily outclasses the others when it comes to glare, shooting towards the sun, but my latest is a 3-10X44 Mueller Tac II, mil-dot reticle. I'm really impressed with it - amazing brightness, very good in low light, not very heavy and holds up well being battered by my 6.5 lb 300 Mag with heavy loads. It's a great alternative at a very good price - your $600 will get one plus the best rings you can buy, only one outlet in Canada, White Falls in Whinerpeg. They come with an amber/clear see-thru cover to boot. It's not what my Schmidt & Bender is, but then neither is anything else. Oh, and I hate my Leupold VXII - been relegated to the .17 HMR chicken gun. Doesn't have felt or audible clicks and tends to wander laterally so I don't trust it.

bsmitty27
10-10-2008, 08:09 PM
I have been looking at the mueller Tac ll as well I have not used one, but all the reading I've done puts it at a great scope for the price. I still want to find one to look through and compare before I buy though.

Brad