PDA

View Full Version : Beaumont a good choice?

HeavyD111
02-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Hello all,

I have an interview Friday for an operating job at Celanese in Edmonton, and we are looking for a place to relocate to in case I actually have a bit of luck and get the job. We would really prefer to live somewhere smaller yet close enough to the city for commuting so I thought Beaumont looked like it might fit...any thoughts on the town? Being 42 and 37, we just want a decent quiet place to live in, hopefully that we can afford.

The housing prices (rent and purchase) anywhere around Edm seems very high..is this just the norm? Med Hat prices are pretty cheap, so maybe down here is the exception rather than the norm? For a 9 yr old 2 full bathroom apartment with a deck we pay $700, and I haven't seen anything even close in Edm on kijiji.

STURKO OUTDOORS
02-18-2014, 09:38 AM
beaumont is a great place. Have quite a few friends who live out there and they all have nothing but positive things to say about the community.

Lefty-Canuck
02-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Lived here pretty much my whole life...as did/do my parents, grandparents, brother and family, and cousin and family....

I like it, admittedly it's gotten a touch bigger and more busy than I prefer but I still enjoy living here.

The prices here are arguably as high or higher than Edmonton, to find cheaper you would have to move further out....Millet, New Sarepta, Red Water, etc.

LC

flynick
02-18-2014, 10:19 AM
I would recommend leduc over beaumont.

HeavyD111
02-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Leduc? We will have to go through there as well. Thursday we are going up to check all the places around Edm out and see what might work. Hope there is something the spouse can do there..she has a ton of dispatching experience and we will need two decent incomes, not $11/hr part time at a dog kennel lol. Thanks for the responses.

ESOXangler
02-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Leduc? We will have to go through there as well. Thursday we are going up to check all the places around Edm out and see what might work. Hope there is something the spouse can do there..she has a ton of dispatching experience and we will need two decent incomes, not $11/hr part time at a dog kennel lol. Thanks for the responses.

ESOXangler
02-18-2014, 11:48 AM

Plenty for her in Nisku! I really like Beaumont. She's nice and quiet!

Beware of the houses with blue lights thou, there be swingers in da basement! Haha

sns2
02-18-2014, 12:21 PM
Beware of the houses with blue lights thou, there be swingers in da basement! Haha

Serious? Please explain...

Lefty-Canuck
02-18-2014, 12:52 PM
I would recommend leduc over beaumont.

Why?

LC

JRsMav
02-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Why?

LC

ya Leduc over Beaumont I cant understand. Leduc is just a mini Edmonton. I like Beaumont, but am liking it less. Very much reminds me of st. albert. Its the posh trendy place to live now and you`re right....prices are just as bad if not worse than Edmonton.

Lefty-Canuck
02-18-2014, 01:24 PM
ya Leduc over Beaumont I cant understand. Leduc is just a mini Edmonton. I like Beaumont, but am liking it less. Very much reminds me of st. albert. Its the posh trendy place to live now and you`re right....prices are just as bad if not worse than Edmonton.

I admit I much liked the "Old Beaumont" over the new....not sure if growing up in Beaumont and having Leduc as a rival in all the sports I played has anything to do with it but I couldn't live there....

LC

HeavyD111
02-18-2014, 01:51 PM
Are there decent rentals in Beaumont? I am assuming a non-bedbug type apartment will be in the $1500 range? Any recommendations?

Lefty-Canuck
02-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Are there decent rentals in Beaumont? I am assuming a non-bedbug type apartment will be in the $1500 range? Any recommendations?

In theory you might find a single family home or duplex for $1500, there are not many apartments or condos here....a few but not many.

LC

HeavyD111
02-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Ok, we will see what we can find. Thanks LC for the heads up, we will be checking it our closely. Celanese is on 101 Ave and 49th St NW, and of course 50th runs to Beaumont. Any guess as how long of a commute I could expect?

Lefty-Canuck
02-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Ok, we will see what we can find. Thanks LC for the heads up, we will be checking it our closely. Celanese is on 101 Ave and 49th St NW, and of course 50th runs to Beaumont. Any guess as how long of a commute I could expect?

It would take roughly 30mims depending on traffic and road conditions.

LC