PDA

View Full Version : jonboat rookie

hafwit
02-18-2014, 05:56 PM
i was working today at barry j's marine and a big truckload of lund jonboats came in. what is their purpose? what were they made to do? i would like to get something that could get me up the north sask. or other relatively tame rivers in the area. is this what i should be looking at? and no, i am not going to buy a thirty thousand jet boat . for my purposes i just need transport. nothing fancy.

Wild&Free
02-18-2014, 06:01 PM
John boat I think would be okay for the N. sask. There are lots of older threads about running rivers I suggest you try and look up as well. An outboard with a jet attachment will go a long way. I've seen 10' skiffs with 25hp outboards running the Morice and Bulkley rivers in NW B.C. And they're not as tame as the N sask

rodgerskr
02-18-2014, 07:21 PM
I had a Lund 1436 (14' long36" wide) with a mercury 20HP Jet outboard, took me everywhere. Used it on the Clearwater, Athabasca, and horse rivers, very skinny water boat would damn near go on wet grass. I went in creeks where there wasn't enough water for ducks and geese to swim. Fun little boats, but it was a curse, I have now owned several jet boats since, currently a Harbercraft 1875 Whitewater with a 240 hp sport jet