PDA

View Full Version : Stolen !! Help a Brother Out.

Springer
02-19-2014, 02:02 PM
What a great start to our day ...My Wife looks out the window at 5:20 to see if it snowed last night....No snow and No Truck !!
Yup some Thieves stole my 2009 F150 last night from the front of my house.
We are also in the middle of moving and have to be out in 4 days...
If you see this truck and if the plates are still on it are VDD-585. Who knows where in alberta it is now but Red Deer is where it used to be..

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp189/Springer428/DSC01433_zps449d0ae5.jpg (http://s410.photobucket.com/user/Springer428/media/DSC01433_zps449d0ae5.jpg.html)

Okotokian
02-19-2014, 02:13 PM
Thats bad luck anytime, but right while moving and no truck? I feel for you. Nice looking rig. I could leave the keys in my 1998 and I don't think anyon would take it. Good luck.

Skybuster
02-19-2014, 03:10 PM
That truly sucks. I really hope they are caught, but we all know how oftem that happens.

Mike_W
02-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Did you see if it was broke down around the corner? Being a Ford and all.

Sorry I had to. :evilgrin::kap:
Hope you get it back looks like a nice truck and nothing like bad timing on the move too hey!
Good luck!!
Mike

Springer
02-19-2014, 03:19 PM

Hope you get it back looks like a nice truck and nothing like bad timing on the move too hey!
Good luck!!
Mike

Possible Mike, It does have the heated tailgate..

JB_AOL
02-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Any other distinguishing features?

Grizzly Adams
02-19-2014, 04:23 PM
Count yourself lucky and replace it with a Chev or Dodge. :lol:

Grizz

chewydog
02-19-2014, 04:30 PM

Grizz

now your talking crazy talk!

gpgriz
02-19-2014, 04:36 PM
i'm in GP and in the market for that exact model with the 6.5' box.

I'll let you know if it comes across my radar.

Best of luck with it's recovery!

BackPackHunter
02-19-2014, 04:41 PM
I can help you out tonight , by doing a few loads for ya
Might be able tomorrow in the day, but unsure about work

bobcatguy
02-19-2014, 04:49 PM
Well that sucks I can help with a truck on weekend PM me if you need help

Agb Crash
02-19-2014, 04:58 PM

Good luck!!
Mike

Yeah that's it kick him while he's down. LOL

Wild&Free
02-19-2014, 05:08 PM
if I wasn't grabbing the llast of my stuff from up north this weekend I'd offer my truck to help as well. if I'm back early enough I still might be able to Sunday or Monday.

KevGuy
02-19-2014, 05:14 PM
That sucks.

alacringa
02-19-2014, 05:20 PM
Geez...some of you guys are awfully unkind. The dude just had his truck stolen (and a nice one, at that!) and you're going to malign him over the brand!? Seriously...

Springer - hope it turns up soon. Good to see there are some guys on here, in your area, who are actually willing to help. Good on you, backpack and bobcat. Will keep an eye peeled in SW Calgary; but I expect chances are pretty small of seeing it.

Mike_W
02-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Geez...some of you guys are awfully unkind. The dude just had his truck stolen (and a nice one, at that!) and you're going to malign him over the brand!? Seriously...

Springer - hope it turns up soon. Good to see there are some guys on here, in your area, who are actually willing to help. Good on you, backpack and bobcat. Will keep an eye peeled in SW Calgary; but I expect chances are pretty small of seeing it.

It's just a joke lighten up. The situation sucks might as well make light of it a little. Pretty sure the OP understood that.

reelhooker
02-19-2014, 07:46 PM
so, did it snow? ;)
pm sent

bobinthesky
02-19-2014, 07:50 PM

Good luck!!
Mike

Tough crowd, damn little sympathy...:(

Ken07AOVette
02-19-2014, 07:58 PM
SOAB's.

Any news?

Hope they write it off and you do not get back a beat to hell theft recovery truck. DO NOT BACK DOWN WITH INSURANCE. Remind them you went to them, you pay them for the service, and you pay for replacement, that it is not a lottery you should be worried about.

Faststeel
02-19-2014, 07:59 PM

Grizz

Then you too can drive with your fog lights on and pizz off all other on coming drivers. FS

Andrzej
02-19-2014, 07:59 PM
I don't get it.....yours and mine 300-500 $ cell phone can be located by GPS sensor 24/7 365 and 40-50000 $ truck can't ???
With today's technology it is BS.

Do we have Find My Belongings App ??? Why not ?

Hat in the Cat
02-19-2014, 08:04 PM
I don't get it.....yours and mine 300-500 $ cell phone can be located by GPS sensor 24/7 365 and 40-50000 $ truck can't ???

True, but I bet they want to put trackers in our firearms long before they think about all the vehicles.

To the OP, hard luck, hope it works out as best as it can.

Springer
02-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Hey Thanks for the PM's and offers to help...People from different parts of Alberta. Thats taking care of your Outdoors Brethern ..

We got most of it stuffed into a seacan i had in the driveway and i have Friends and my Sons who have trucks step up..

Steve and Tony , Thanks for the offer.. Might have to have you guys out to the new Acreage..In 3 months when the painting and Flooring are complete and the Mancave put back together..

Your right on not wanting it back , I am sure it has been for a major joyride by now.. If i get paid out i will insist with the insurance we get fair value..

Ha , I am driving a Kia Rio right now !!

Phil.

hunterfisher
02-19-2014, 08:21 PM
Hard working people like lots on here have suffered from such ignorant low life scum bags who find nothing better to do but steal. Wish some of us could form our own justice system. Sorry to hear and good luck getting it back or better yet written off.

HF

AI 6.5
02-19-2014, 10:34 PM
That bites big time, hope it gets recovered undamaged or you get a new vehicle. F150 is one of the more common veh's stolen. I know its like closing the barn doors after the horses got out but a "Club" is worth it's weight in gold, especially if parked on the street. It could prevent future occurrences anyway.

DiabeticKripple
02-19-2014, 10:43 PM
one of my best buddies just had his '11 f150 stolen as well. cops found it 3 weeks later.

when he went to go get his belongings in the truck, he said the cops forgot to empty the 3 lbs of pot and a couple oz's of crack out of the back seat hahaha. cop supervising just said "oops"

took him another week to get it back as they were fingerprinting and stuff.

insurance wouldnt pay him out.

Zip
02-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your stolen truck...Hope everything works out the best for ya. Good luck on the new acreage...that part is going to be awesome.

Springer
02-20-2014, 06:58 AM
Yes looking forward to the new place for sure..
Now the club as much of a pain in the ass , well my truck would still be sitting out front. I have a friend in williams lake who always uses his due to high theft everywhere there...well i won't give him a hard time about being paranoid about putting the club on anymore..
Now the waiting game.....29 more days now...

Springer
02-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Update !!!! got a call from the wetaskiwin police today. They caught the scumbag RED Handed..He was burning donuts in a field and got stuck....Now to find out the damage , wear and tear on it etc...Apparently the insurance company wants to see it first.
To be continued.....

And thanks again to the AO gang for your support and generosity of helping a Brother out..

BobNewton
02-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Update !!!! got a call from the wetaskiwin police today. They caught the scumbag RED Handed..He was burning donuts in a field and got stuck....Now to find out the damage , wear and tear on it etc...Apparently the insurance company wants to see it first.
To be continued.....

And thanks again to the AO gang for your support and generosity of helping a Brother out..

Well that's great news, kinda!

I seriously hope they didn't significantly shorten the life of your pickup.

Most cases its best to never see it again I think. But caught red handed. Gotta love that he's getting what he deserves!!!

Peter Gill
02-23-2014, 06:23 PM
After the fact closing the barn door and all that, but FWIW, I leave a truck at the airport in Vancouver, it's a diesel so I pop the connector on the TPS when it's parked. Not something the average methhead thief would look for.

Good to hear it's been recovered.

Kim473
02-24-2014, 05:37 AM

Do we have Find My Belongings App ??? Why not ?

2014 fords have that option now for you to purchase. JMO, should be mandantory and free on all motorized vehicals including quads, sleds, bikes, etc.... Should have been around 15 years ago.

Au revoir, Gopher
02-24-2014, 08:12 AM
2014 fords have that option now for you to purchase. JMO, should be mandantory and free on all motorized vehicals including quads, sleds, bikes, etc.... Should have been around 15 years ago.

Should they also upload the telemetry to the police so they can send you your speeding tickets automatically? Just think of the savings... they wouldn't have to buy and maintain all that expensive photo radar equipment or pay for the processing to read the licence plate. They would have location, speed and VIN all in one database record.

ARG

Stinky Buffalo
02-24-2014, 08:13 AM
Good to hear it's been recovered.

Ditto! And great to hear the perp's been caught too!

Hope it's not too badly damaged. Make sure you do due diligence with your insurance - Maybe some guys here on AO who have had similar experiences can provide some advice here...

Mike_W
02-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Great to hear they found it and caught the guy!!
As mentioned stick to your guns with insurance have a mechanic look over the truck check underbody etc. Automatically the guy was caught doing burnouts (must have been on ice as we all know fords can't do that on asphalt) ;) but that should equate to a new set of rubber right there.

Please keep us posted.
Mike

waterninja
02-24-2014, 09:05 AM
sorry to hear about your loss but glad to hear it was recovered. one thing ins. co. should have done is provide you with a free rental while you were waiting for it to be found or untill they decide what to do with it now.

Springer
03-11-2014, 02:34 AM
So an update to my stolen Truck...
The little Puke had it for 4 days before he was caught. I cant believe the damage inside and out in such a short time. Both bumpers ruined, running boards ruined, headlight ruined....It was going in for an alignment check after the mechanical ,then to the body shop then for a shampoo to clean up the smoke smell, the empty food containers ,the drinks spilled all over the inside..

gets better...There was the kids school photo proofs of Logan Nottal from his distance learning program inside along with a ticket for $500 bucks for not providing proof of licence or something and got a ticket today for a meter violation on the 21st !!! the Police had him twice if they would have run the plates that were still on the truck..

We found the deliquent on facebook...

I have to take my Truck back if its repairable if its wrote off is the only way to get payed out..

brother1
03-11-2014, 10:01 AM
That just makes me sick! Little puke wrecks your truck, and you have to have it cleaned up and fixed up, and live with the abused remains. It's the feeling of being violated that makes my skin crawl. You work hard for your money, spend your hard earned cash on something nice, take care of it, baby it, and have some little turd beat the crap out of it! Get a life! Get a job! I hate these punks!

220swifty
03-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Last night my neighbor had his light bar stolen off his pickup in front of his house. I got to the window just in time to see them pull it off and drive away.

His brother is RCMP, and when I woke him up to let him know, he said 'I'd call the cops, but they are useless'

It appears he wasn't far off. Pretty sad statement if you can drive away from a traffic stop in a stolen vehicle.

Joe Fehr
03-11-2014, 11:20 AM
So an update to my stolen Truck...
The little Puke had it for 4 days before he was caught. I cant believe the damage inside and out in such a short time. Both bumpers ruined, running boards ruined, headlight ruined....It was going in for an alignment check after the mechanical ,then to the body shop then for a shampoo to clean up the smoke smell, the empty food containers ,the drinks spilled all over the inside..

gets better...There was the kids school photo proofs of Logan Nottal from his distance learning program inside along with a ticket for $500 bucks for not providing proof of licence or something and got a ticket today for a meter violation on the 21st !!! the Police had him twice if they would have run the plates that were still on the truck..

We found the deliquent on facebook...

I have to take my Truck back if its repairable if its wrote off is the only way to get payed out..

If it isn't wrote off I'd trade it in or sell it.....
Maybe get a man's truck..... :fighting0074::sHa_sarcasticlol:

BackPackHunter
03-11-2014, 11:35 AM
If it's not a write off
SELL IT! Or. TRADE IT IN

probably cheeper in the end even if it's a lost on paper
There's probably trany n drive train problems just waiting to happen
From being stuck in that field

Good luck Phil

Arachnodisiac
03-11-2014, 11:38 AM
If anyone wants to steal a Dodge Ram with 320,000 km... shoot me a pm. Kidding, of course!

(And hope it works out for you - sorry to hear of your trouble!)

Springer
03-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Ya it is a pretty crummy feeling for sure.
1.) I would feel crooked if i sold my truck to someone knowing it may cause them problems later..
2.) I would trade it in but that leaves me with borrowing another $20,000 or so again for a new truck even though this one is paid for..

The RCMP have such a pile of stolen items to deal with nowadays they don't even bother to come to your residence to investigate or get a statement..
The thieves get a slap on the hand..
If we take things into our hands and say the thief falls down the stairs a couple times now we become the Bad guy..

Canadian justice definitely accomodates the criminal.

I think we should be able to confront the thieves in court and know who they are and their photo should make the newspaper ....but oh no we have to worry about the Privacy act..

Thanks for the support Ya,all and quit picking on my Ford some of ya...She;s a little sensitive to name calling right now after her being violated !! Ha ha all in good fun hey.

Batwoman
03-11-2014, 03:57 PM
I am glad they found your truck and on behalf of the Alberta Outdoorsmen Welcome Wagon another one of my duties is to offer sympathy to members who feel like they are being picked on. I come from a Ford Family so I know how you feel about your little baby.

YOU FELLAS STOP GIVING HIS FORD TRUCK A HARD TIME!! AND I MEAN IT OR TO THE CORNER FOR ALL OF YA.

Hoping everything works out smoothly and as for the thief............can we post his photo? OH no that would be cruel...............beginning to make me think I am back in the States.

connexion123
03-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Well that's great news, kinda!

I seriously hope they didn't significantly shorten the life of your pickup.

Most cases its best to never see it again I think. But caught red handed. Gotta love that he's getting what he deserves!!!

it's Canada, he won't

^v^Tinda wolf^v^
04-25-2016, 01:15 PM
Update on an old thread, the same dirt bag was caught last night with another stolen truck and fleeing from police. Rumour has it he was almost :character0110: shot by a civilian. The police and justice system deserve a good pat on the back for giving him a slap on the wrist the first time. So second time around I would assume he won't even do time and they will consider it time served from the first high speed take down. :dork:

rugatika
04-25-2016, 02:43 PM
http://www.albertapolicereport.ca/2016/04/25/red-deer-rcmp-arrest-man-after-dangerous-driving-in-stolen-truck/

http://www.albertapolicereport.ca/2015/08/20/red-deer-man-faces-charges-after-flight-from-police-in-stolen-truck/

Let's see at least 3 stolen trucks that we know about (the number is likely closer to 20 or 30) and 2 police chases ending with the use of tire flattener things. And he's still out free as a bird.

Just gotta give a big kudos to the Alberta/Canadian justice system for keeping guys like this out on the street. I can't even imagine the dedication you have to have towards criminals and the hatred for law abiding citizens to ensure scum like this never see the inside of a prison. Good work!!

elkhunter11
04-25-2016, 02:51 PM
Update on an old thread, the same dirt bag was caught last night with another stolen truck and fleeing from police. Rumour has it he was almost shot by a civilian. The police and justice system deserve a good pat on the back for giving him a slap on the wrist the first time. So second time around I would assume he won't even do time and they will consider it time served from the first high speed take down.

The Canadian legal system fails yet again.:rolleye2:

It's too bad the scumbag wasn't shot, it would have been doing society a favor.

spirit4u
04-25-2016, 03:25 PM
Here is a thought, why has someone not made a magnetic GPS tracking device for these times when vehicles speed past officers and they choose not to pursue. The officer merely tosses the device at the suspect vehicle and let the GPS track them. I'm thinking the device would be like a rubber flexible Frisbee with embedded magnets and the tracking device. They can trail the vehicle with an unmarked car and have back up just around the corner.

243 wild cat
04-25-2016, 05:04 PM
To be continued.....

Fight them tooth and nail springer I got my truck back stolen years back thought it was OK did the inspection one week later transmission blew out clutch let go after a month I will never take a stolen vehicle back again. Sorry for your loss glad they got the scumbag fighting0030:

Clgy_Dave2.0
04-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Fight them tooth and nail springer I got my truck back stolen years back thought it was OK did the inspection one week later transmission blew out clutch let go after a month I will never take a stolen vehicle back again. Sorry for your loss glad they got the scumbag fighting0030:
This happened two years ago.

Bushrat
04-25-2016, 05:40 PM
The Canadian legal system fails yet again.:rolleye2:

The Legal system did not fail, the Legal system did just what it is designed to do, keep criminals in circulation with lots of pit stops, constantly in court so that lawmakers, lawyers, prosecutors are constantly busy making billions off the taxpayer who has to pay for it all. Not only is society being shaken down by untouchable criminals it is also being shaken down by the legal system.

Springer
04-25-2016, 10:40 PM
Thanks for sending me this update Tinda and Nimrod.
Unreal , he was also caught and charged within a year of stealing mine and now again..Great Canadian Legal system we have Eh!
3 times i know of for sure. The little puke should be breaking rocks doing real time or no meals...
there is no repercussions from theft , unbelievable on top of the people he put in danger riding with him and the ones he put in danger driving towards oncoming traffic..
I think the only justice honestly !! is if he fell down the stairs a bunch of times..

Theft is out of control and make sure you don't harm the thief though he may have bruises and hurt feelings from it..what a joke and you and i pay taxes into the legal system, how re-assuring is that people.

hillbillyreefer
04-25-2016, 10:49 PM
Here is a thought, why has someone not made a magnetic GPS tracking device for these times when vehicles speed past officers and they choose not to pursue. The officer merely tosses the device at the suspect vehicle and let the GPS track them. I'm thinking the device would be like a rubber flexible Frisbee with embedded magnets and the tracking device. They can trail the vehicle with an unmarked car and have back up just around the corner.

Nothing wrong with throwing a load of 000buck through the window either. Might make the upstanding fellow think about doing it agin.

Kim473
04-26-2016, 09:12 AM
Horse thiefs used to be shot or hung. Aren't vehicals the modern day horse ?