PDA

View Full Version : JUST ENERGY what a joke

ALBTUFF
02-20-2014, 06:04 PM
So this is how messed up "JUST ENERGY" is. They are a Canadian Company, when you phone them they first say press "1" for United States.........press "2" for Canada. (very UN-Canadian to label yourself as #2 IMO) So you press 2. Then Miss. Robot voice says press "1" for BC............press "2" for Alberta Again press 2. This is where it got interesting. I am now speaking to a rep. for texas and they are asking me what state I live in. I tell them I can't tell you what state I live in, I don't live in the states. I pressed 2 for Canada and another 2 for Alberta!!! "Sir you are talking to someone from Alberta but we just deal with our Texas clients." WHAT!?!? Are you kidding me get me someone from that deals with Albertans!!! Finally I am now talking with the Alberta reps. It turns out that the alberta reps are located in Ontario, again WHAT!?!?! She was helpful and got my requests done as in removed from call list and the solicitors list.

Just Energy Im glad you sent me a rude person/solicitor to my door this afternoon. It gave me a chance to see and talk to different people of your work force. I am sorry to say that your ship sunk before it set sail with this Albertan.

Rant over thanx

ALBTUFF

From The Hip
02-20-2014, 07:16 PM
So this is how messed up "JUST ENERGY" is. They are a Canadian Company, when you phone them they first say press "1" for United States.........press "2" for Canada. (very UN-Canadian to label yourself as #2 IMO) So you press 2. Then Miss. Robot voice says press "1" for BC............press "2" for Alberta Again press 2. This is where it got interesting. I am now speaking to a rep. for texas and they are asking me what state I live in. I tell them I can't tell you what state I live in, I don't live in the states. I pressed 2 for Canada and another 2 for Alberta!!! "Sir you are talking to someone from Alberta but we just deal with our Texas clients." WHAT!?!? Are you kidding me get me someone from that deals with Albertans!!! Finally I am now talking with the Alberta reps. It turns out that the alberta reps are located in Ontario, again WHAT!?!?! She was helpful and got my requests done as in removed from call list and the solicitors list.

Just Energy Im glad you sent me a rude person/solicitor to my door this afternoon. It gave me a chance to see and talk to different people of your work force. I am sorry to say that your ship sunk before it set sail with this Albertan.

Rant over thanx

ALBTUFF

Cripes the first thing I do when I answer the door to a Just Energy sales rep who will try to sell me snake oil is ask him/her if they can wait till I got a large bucket of water LOL

FTH

Gade81
02-20-2014, 09:15 PM
too funny that this just popped up. had me a shouting match with just energy today, again!! canceled my contract for good and moving on

averagejoe
02-20-2014, 09:55 PM
The people that usually go door to door trying to sell the scam contracts are pure scum.

People here have reported that they dont take no for an answer, come back when people come/go and have tried to push their way in to peoples homes.

When one guy came to our house we had to close the door in his face because he didnt take no for an answer and started to get pushy. When he left, he left our gate wide open despite seeing we had dogs.

Several people have reported (on facebook when they make the rounds) it cost them thousands to get out of their contracts when it turned sour.

Just say no.

HyperMOA
02-20-2014, 11:26 PM
Kinda funny. I was gonna post a new thread today but I simmered down. Now the ol blood is boiling again. I wonder if we live in the same neighborhood as I also had a screaming match last night.

First he tells me for $99 I can get unlimited gas or electricity to which I scoffed. He asked why I laughed, and I asked him why don't I sign up for just gas and run a 1MW genset and sell power and gas to all of my neighbors for $99 a month? He replied "you could!" Turns out you can only use 140GJ per year when the fine print is read.

So I asked him where they produce their power and he said the have their own "plants". I said not in Alberta. He replied oh they are wind and solar. I asked why I should subsidize a technology not capable to meet the demands of people living on our position of latitude? He said you don't care about the environment? Then the conversation turned ugly. The guy has no clue about anything he is selling. So we "debated" another 10 minutes right to the end of my driveway. His only rebuttal was that I was just a hick that didn't know anything about the environment.

At this point my neighbors are looking out their windows as he moves to my neighbors house where I continue the conversation until he left the neighborhood.

RAT BASTAGES!!!

nsmitchell
02-21-2014, 09:32 AM
My kids did a stint at Just Energy (against my warnings). They went door to door and tried to sell energy following the program. They were fairly successful as they are polite and clean cut and my little gal is cute enough. When they were dragged out of town to Hinton and had to pay for their own hotels, they realized that they were not working for a great company. They quit and waited for their cheques. And waited and waited. Finally, to complete the learning, I sent them to Alberta Labour to complain that they had not been paid by Just Energy. In the end, several months later, they received their money and lesson in life about these type of companies that prey upon kids trying to make their way in life.

sillyak
02-21-2014, 02:11 PM
Had one come to my door a little while ago. I said I'm not interested in regulated utilities. He said: "why not, all smart homeowners opt for regulated utilities so their rates won't rise." I said I'm still not interested. He became very condescending and insinuated that I didn't understand what he was offering. I told him that I know what regulated utilities were, that they buy energy on the energy futures market so that they can mark it up a bit and sell energy at a guaranteed rate and that I didn't want it because unless energy prices skyrocket it's a losing deal for the customer. I even compared market rates to his rates and calculated that my energy bills would be 30% more. I have no clue why I spent so long explaining to him why I didn't want it, should of told him to fu*k off from the start. In the end I told him to fu*k off, slammed the door in his face and he still left a flyer.

If anyone is considering a regulated utility from any company please do your research. Unless energy prices skyrocket (which is doubtful) you will pay more. 95% of people with regulated utilities are throwing money away.

just_dave
02-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the warning.

From The Hip
02-21-2014, 07:01 PM
Yeah Just Energy are scum and their sales tactics are even worse.A few years ago I had some D-bad Just Energy rep try and sell me snake oil with the "price protection plan" and he asked to see my gas and electricity bills which he used to write down my meter numbers and account numbers on the
"price protection plan" contract.I spent all of 1 minute looking over the contract and the costs associated with it and I told him to Fu%8 off and slammed the door in his face.I have had them show up numerous times since and I dont even listen I just say "Fu&$ Off" and slam the door.Hell one time
on a Saturday around 5 pm I was working on dinner for my monthly poker game and 2 guys had shown up.The doorbell rang and I asked for somebody to get the door as I knew it was not a friend as he would have walked in as the door was unlocked and all the expected guests knew that.So one of my guests answers the door and shout to me "you have to come to the door" I say "why?" and he responds "it's a salesman from Just Energy" and I responded "tell him to FU*^ Off and slam the door in his face and if you dont you dont get dinner"....I then heard a very loud "FU*& Off" and the door got slammed real good (he was obviously hungry).

Good luck on getting out of a contract if you sign one.You have all of 10 days to do so if you want to and that is IF you can get and customer service.Most people decide they want out of the contract when they get the first bill and then it is too late as you are roped in.To get out of the contract you have to pay some stiff/expensive penalties that for the most part are too brutal for people all at once so they stay on the contract and get raped financially over the life of the contract.

Keep a bucket of water at the door for Just Energy sales reps :cheers:

FTH

HyperMOA
02-21-2014, 10:13 PM
These clowns came back today while I was at work and just pestered the hell out of the wife. Tried to push there way in the house but the wife called the dog over. Next one that puts their arm inside the door is gonna get a broken arm.

CBintheNorth
04-04-2014, 12:59 AM
These people are the biggest pieces of garbage I have ever dealt with!
Once last year and twice in the last 3 weeks they came to my door, and they don't take no for an answer!
Even after I told this last clown that he was really ticking me off (I used the adult version), he kept talking. I've never been that close to pushing someone down my stairs before.

So today I called their sales centre and got them to take down my address and record it. When she asked why, I said " because there's 31 feet between the city property line and my front door, and if I ever catch one of your representatives or salesmen within that 31 feet ever again, I'm going to start digging a hole. I'm not telling you why, I'm just going to need it."
I then told her to pass the message up to whoever needed to hear it, because I've had it with them.

They have got to be the worst outfit to hit the door-to-door sales world ever! What a bunch of shysters! Hopefully no one ever gets sucked into their scam.

Big Daddy Badger
04-04-2014, 01:23 AM
And yet they are still allowed to business here.

Makes you wonder who all those "savings" are being distributed to.

Wild&Free
04-04-2014, 03:24 AM
didn't gas prices just go up like 40%?