PDA

View Full Version : Facebook support for horse cull

thrude1
02-20-2014, 07:00 PM
Anyone know of any Facebook page or any other social media for showing support. I've seen a lot of media coverage on antis so Im wondering how to show I support srd's decision to go ahead and for thIm homee guy doing it

fish gunner
02-20-2014, 08:35 PM
Anyone know of any Facebook page or any other social media for showing support. I've seen a lot of media coverage on antis so Im wondering how to show I support srd's decision to go ahead and for thIm homee guy doing it

What do you mean by antis, anti horse slaughter , anti heritage critter ,anti free roaming horse. Notice lack of page, also notice tens of thousands of folks against capture for slaughter. Notice lack of success of capture hmmm nubers no where near pest levels . Wierd. :sHa_shakeshout:

nick0danger
02-20-2014, 09:09 PM
I'm all for a round up of some feral horses. People enjoy horse meat, why can't someone hunt a feral horse and eat it, lots of Europeans do and its not half bad.

fish gunner
02-20-2014, 09:16 PM
I'm all for a round up of some feral horses. People enjoy horse meat, why can't someone hunt a feral horse and eat it, lots of Europeans do and its not half bad.

No one hunts horse period. Yes horse is very tasty, horse farmed for slaughter no issue. Free roaming horse captured for slaughter seems to get folks a little riled up.

Big Daddy Badger
02-20-2014, 09:45 PM
The problem with an actual hunt is that one horse standing in a field looks prtty much like any other to everyone but the guy who ownes it.

It would be a disaster.

Listen... nobody likes that word...cull.

But wild horses have been a problem from time to time out that way for generations now.

Yeah it sucks but sometime you just have to hold your nose and accept reality.

Periodic culls area necessary evil IMO.

dadof5
02-21-2014, 12:59 AM
I "hunted" horse just the other day. Took one out of the herd. It was not intentional of course. Unfortunately I destroyed the entire front end of my GMC Yukon in the process. Horse 1, Yukon 1. Game over for both. 5 horses on a dark wet highway makes for a mess. I avoided 4 of them... Luckily none of my 3 boys or their buddy who were with me were injured. Seeing a 1200 pound horse fly up over your hood towards your windshield is a fairly scary experience. Just saying!!

thrude1
02-21-2014, 01:34 AM
What do you mean by antis, anti horse slaughter , anti heritage critter ,anti free roaming horse. Notice lack of page, also notice tens of thousands of folks against capture for slaughter. Notice lack of success of capture hmmm nubers no where near pest levels . Wierd. :sHa_shakeshout:

Yes antis .im all for all of it .shoot em all I say as fir heritage critters lets start protecting the feral pigs too.its the same bunch of idiots that protest things like the Calgary stampede. They argue against things they know nothing about because of emotion not science. the science says take some out so take some out.its pretty simple.They are not wild or pets in your corral at home they are feral and need control. Personally I think they make good wolf and beer bait

owllight
02-21-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm not very educated on this topic, can any one suggest a good source of information?

thegunman
02-21-2014, 01:16 PM
I "hunted" horse just the other day. Took one out of the herd. It was not intentional of course. Unfortunately I destroyed the entire front end of my GMC Yukon in the process. Horse 1, Yukon 1. Game over for both. 5 horses on a dark wet highway makes for a mess. I avoided 4 of them... Luckily none of my 3 boys or their buddy who were with me were injured. Seeing a 1200 pound horse fly up over your hood towards your windshield is a fairly scary experience. Just saying!!

That's sucks! Good to hear you made it out ok. That's another problem with wildie numbers at an increase.

Okotokian
02-21-2014, 02:25 PM
But wild horses have been a problem from time to time out that way for generations now.

Yeah it sucks but sometime you just have to hold your nose and accept reality.

Periodic culls area necessary evil IMO.

Problem for who? I watched the videos of the guys who are doing the "culls" and getting the flack. They aren't hunting and getting rid of "pests" on their own land. They are going into public land. It's a business for them, not getting rid of animals that are damaging their crops or land.

Under certain circumstances a cull may be in order. just haven't seen much evidence that we now have that situation.

Okotokian
02-21-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm not very educated on this topic, can any one suggest a good source of information?

LOL Wow.... what a rare, insightful, honest post. Usually, lack of knowledge doesn't stop anyone here! LOL Good for you. :happy0034:

Jimboy
02-21-2014, 03:07 PM
actually, a cull on cattle would help the enviroment more and we can all fill our freezers for free too.

DiabeticKripple
02-21-2014, 04:04 PM
actually, a cull on cattle would help the enviroment more and we can all fill our freezers for free too.

are feral cattle a problem? i have never heard of feral cattle

thegunman
02-21-2014, 05:02 PM
are feral cattle a problem? i have never heard of feral cattle

Haha. That ^

molly
02-21-2014, 05:13 PM

Just Google "feral horses Alberta" and you can wade through the mire...WHOA has a website and the ESRD has some info. Various news agencies have written articles on it.
I have seen them out there, read a lot about it, know of some who have captured them and sold them as using horses. I prefer a middle ground if that is possible. The pro-horse folks should put their pennies together and offer to buy some of them from the guys with permits. At least they could control what happens to them if they do not want any to go to Ft. Macleod...most will end up on someone's acreage, I think. :)

BTW, owllight, you have one of the neatest names on here! Welcome!

G.Barefooter
02-23-2014, 12:44 PM
We just started one. Everyone's voice on wild horses

www.facebook.com/EveryonesWildHorses

Please join. We want voices for and against. WE just want everyone to be civil.