PDA

View Full Version : Unlock an iPhone

Icouldeatababydeer
02-20-2014, 07:37 PM
my father in law gave me his old iPhone 4. He's with Rogers and I'm with telus, is there any way I can unlock it for free?

Badgoodguy
02-20-2014, 07:42 PM
http://apcmag.com/unlock-your-iphone-4-to-use-it-on-any-network.htm

Icouldeatababydeer
02-20-2014, 08:08 PM
Huh. Looks easy. Ill try it.

roughneckin
02-21-2014, 08:48 AM
It can sometime cost more than it's worth with random online unlock schemes. Rogers will unlock any phone for $50, you just have to call into them.

jackrabbit000
02-21-2014, 07:55 PM
It can sometime cost more than it's worth with random online unlock schemes. Rogers will unlock any phone for $50, you just have to call into them.

Even if you've never had a contract with them?

ice
02-21-2014, 07:58 PM
No rogers cannot unlock any phone, rogers can only unlock phones that are locked to rogers.
If you know wich carrier its locked to you can take it to them and ask for them to unlock it
In your case its rogers so you could try taking it them yourself, but ultimatly it might have to be your dad who takes it to them to be unlocked
Otherwise you can try that jailbreak, ive never had luck unlocking phones with jailbreaks. But i also havent tried that one

ice
02-21-2014, 08:01 PM
Since he was the original owner.

Scottmisfits
02-22-2014, 07:46 AM
Ice is right, only the original carrier can unlock the phone. The will only do it if that phones contract base expired or been paid out. It doesn't have to be the original owner of the phone but it makes it easier to deal with it. That way someone isn't trying to unlock a stolen phone for personal gain. So if your father in law can go with you to Rogers, it will make things easier.

I have an iPhone 3G that my sister bricked trying a jailbreak unlock.

roughneckin
02-22-2014, 11:16 PM
Even if you've never had a contract with them?

No of course not but he said it was a Rogers phone already :snapoutofit:

All you have to do is have the phone number that it has and call Rogers and they will do it for $50. You don't need to go to the store. We just did this in my household less than a week ago. Very easy.

jackrabbit000
02-22-2014, 11:39 PM
No of course not but he said it was a Rogers phone already :snapoutofit:

All you have to do is have the phone number that it has and call Rogers and they will do it for $50. You don't need to go to the store. We just did this in my household less than a week ago. Very easy.

What I meant was, if I buy a Rogers iPhone from a guy at work or Kijiji, will Rogers unlock it for me if I want to use it on Telus.