PDA

View Full Version : AFGA Conference

elkhunter11
02-20-2014, 08:56 PM
So who is attending the AFGA conference this weekend? I am stuck at work tomorrow, but will be attending on Saturday.

Pudelpointer
02-21-2014, 12:33 AM
So who is attending the AFGA conference this weekend? I am stuck at work tomorrow, but will be attending on Saturday.

I am here.....

Shared a coffee with Cat this morning. Chatted about, what else? Guns!

;)

avb3
02-21-2014, 05:39 AM
Keep us posted of happenings and going ons.

Matt L.
02-21-2014, 10:27 AM
I'm here as well. Very good talk about invasive species by Kathryn Wilson.

Pudelpointer
02-21-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm here as well. Very good talk about invasive species by Kathryn Wilson.

Yes, very much so. Hopefully the program gets appropriate funding and is established long term.

elkhunter11
02-23-2014, 01:02 PM
The conference has wrapped up this morning, with a breakfast for the delegates at our range, and they are headed home. There weren't a lot of new recommendations to SRD, but it was quite apparent, that many people are not pleased with APOS, or the fact that SRD is not holding them accountable for their members. The facilities, and hotel staff, made for a great conference, and everyone seemed to have a great time.

Lefty-Canuck
02-23-2014, 01:03 PM
The conference has wrapped up, with a breakfast for the delegates at our range, and they are headed home. There weren't a lot of new recommendations to SRD, but it was quite apparent, that many people are not pleased with APOS, or the fact that SRD is not holding them accountable for their members. The facilities, and hotel staff, made for a great conference, and everyone seemed to have a great time.

I had heard that the APOS/SRD meetings were conducted secretly behind closed doors...suggesting that what was discussed would not please any of the other user groups?

LC

Deer Hunter
02-23-2014, 01:04 PM
The conference has wrapped up this morning, with a breakfast for the delegates at our range, and they are headed home. There weren't a lot of new recommendations to SRD, but it was quite apparent, that many people are not pleased with APOS, or the fact that SRD is not holding them accountable for their members. The facilities, and hotel staff, made for a great conference, and everyone seemed to have a great time.

I'm glad the hotel staff were nice!

elkhunter11
02-23-2014, 01:09 PM
I'm glad the hotel staff were nice!

It takes a great deal of effort to organize the event, and having a hotel staff, that was so helpful, made it much easier for us. As well, there were many compliments about the food, and the facilities.

twofifty
02-23-2014, 01:16 PM
How does that work elk. Do the AFGA member clubs take turns organizing and hosting the AGM conference in their own communities, or is there a central location that gets used each year?

elkhunter11
02-23-2014, 01:22 PM
The conference changes venues, as various clubs are given the opportunity to be the host.

twofifty
02-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Do the clubs engage in a bidding war to put this on?.... kidding.
Or do the same half-dozen 'get-r-done' clubs end up taking on the job?

solocam3
02-24-2014, 07:48 PM
We should have had an AO Corner at the Meet and Greet night. I am surprised non of you were around my wife when she won the cooler full of Fun on Thursday night. The food was great but a little disappointing that the youth did not do any resolutions. And to bad they did not have any evening events to go do.
Maybe we could do this in Lethbridge next year. It might be fun.
Rest In Piece, DUFFY!