PDA

View Full Version : Strike two for those illegally downloading music and movies!

Sundancefisher
02-21-2014, 03:24 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/tech-news/court-tells-teksavvy-to-reveal-customers-who-illegally-download-movies/article17025513/

If you are or have downloaded movies and games and music illegally...it is just a matter of time before you have to pay up.

Start saving now. My guess is that they will be looking for the full $5K if significant and down to $1K for the lesser signifiant ones.

jackrabbit000
02-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Download movies? Why not just get a ATV2?

CanuckShooter
02-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Fear mongering....they don't have enough court room time to deal with it all.

Smokey
02-21-2014, 03:54 PM
Don't plan to download. But 5k is the ceiling for the fine right? So why is this concidered a landmark decision? I could use an edmucation.

BeeGuy
02-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Funny, while negotiating a change to our Internet package with Shaw, the representative I dealt with offered me specific options due to the fact that our major bandwidth usage came from Torrenting movies.

So it is clear that isp's offer packages specifically for this purpose.

DiabeticKripple
02-21-2014, 04:00 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/tech-news/court-tells-teksavvy-to-reveal-customers-who-illegally-download-movies/article17025513/

If you are or have downloaded movies and games and music illegally...it is just a matter of time before you have to pay up.

Start saving now. My guess is that they will be looking for the full $5K if significant and down to $1K for the lesser signifiant ones.

it ranges from $100-$5000 dollars and more than likely they will just ask everyone for $100.

ice
02-21-2014, 05:09 PM
If people were smart the would just use proxy sor vpn servers to download anonymously.
But people arent very smart

Davey Boy
02-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Or use Peer Block 1.1 to block anyone pinging your computer when you are downloading. Its a free program blocking over 1 Trillion ip addresses. Yes 1 Trillion.

hal53
02-21-2014, 05:26 PM
If people were smart the would just use proxy sor vpn servers to download anonymously.
But people arent very smart
....or get a life.....

BeeGuy
02-21-2014, 05:32 PM
....or get a life.....

oh the irony

doh!

ice
02-21-2014, 05:32 PM
....or get a life.....

:thinking-006:
I heard having a life was over rated.

If your gona break the law you might aswell do it properly :test:

Just kidding...

zero
02-21-2014, 06:09 PM
or use a private and secure torrent tracker and never get a letter from your isp about this stuff.... i may or may not be on one and may or may not have invites left... :scared0018:

savagencounter
02-22-2014, 12:47 AM
....or get a life.....

Coming from the guy who spends his whole life on alberta outdoorsmen trying to prove he's the smartest guy ever known on every subject know to man?? Lol how many posts to date? Approx how much life have you spent hiding behind a keyboard on alberta out? Trying to still prove your a big man. Huge loss of life there Hal But someone who downloads a movie or two must need to get a life. I guess that's what you do when you get old out and down. tell others to get a life and put people down to feel good . The rest of us just download a few great movies and get laid. Think I'll just do that as my junk still works. (Computer) I am talking about. Night.

pickrel pat
02-22-2014, 01:03 AM
Coming from the guy who spends his whole life on alberta outdoorsmen trying to prove he's the smartest guy ever known on every subject know to man?? Lol how many posts to date? Approx how much life have you spent hiding behind a keyboard on alberta out? Trying to still prove your a big man. Huge loss of life there Hal But someone who downloads a movie or two must need to get a life. I guess that's what you do when you get old out and down. tell others to get a life and put people down to feel good . The rest of us just download a few great movies and get laid. Think I'll just do that as my junk still works. (Computer) I am talking about. Night.

zing!!!!!!!! bahaha!!!!

marxman
02-22-2014, 05:30 AM
Funny, while negotiating a change to our Internet package with Shaw, the representative I dealt with offered me specific options due to the fact that our major bandwidth usage came from Torrenting movies.

So it is clear that isp's offer packages specifically for this purpose.

Maybe so, but so what? Shaw doesnt own copyright on what you download.

marxman
02-22-2014, 05:36 AM

I dont think he missed the double irony hence the doh

Wild&Free
02-22-2014, 05:57 AM
....or get a life.....

how do dead people download movies?

Sneeze
02-22-2014, 08:48 AM
Bunch of no good dead beat thieves in this thread.

Since when did stealing become acceptable?

Davey Boy
02-22-2014, 09:29 AM
Bunch of no good dead beat thieves in this thread.

Since when did stealing become acceptable?

Did you ever record a song, or set your VCR to record a movie.
Ever try to get Superchannel with antennae wire and tinfoil.

That was always illegal as well just never prosecuted.
Never the less it was illegal then and still is.

It' been occurring as long as there are ways to copy something and I'm willing to bet we are all guilty of it, so I doubt that any of us should cast stones.

Big Daddy Badger
02-22-2014, 09:34 AM
Fear mongering....they don't have enough court room time to deal with it all.

There is always time when money to be made.

Sundancefisher
02-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Maybe so, but so what? Shaw doesnt own copyright on what you download.

Agreed

Shaw will laugh all the way to the bank with your money for the package you use to illegally download movies.

They are also the ones that will give the information to the lawyers to have you charged.

If selling a tool that could be used illegally was illegal... Bass pro would not sell all their deer baiting products.

http://www.basspro.com/Food-Plots-%26-Feeding/_/S-12425010000

Get caught baiting deer...what happens?

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/genregs.html

deanmc
02-22-2014, 09:55 AM
oh the irony

doh!

BURN! Good one. lol

Nester
02-22-2014, 09:57 AM
You don't say?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tVDUUMYjZkQ/UpPIJu0ywhI/AAAAAAAAA7o/MPkUVWBnhn8/s1600/Captain-Jack-captain-jack-sparrow-14117613-1242-900.jpg

greylynx
02-22-2014, 10:10 AM
....or get a life.....

Geat a Proxy server Hal.

Could you imaagine having to share a prsion cell with B-Guy?:)

Kurt505
02-22-2014, 10:17 AM
....or get a life.....

Didn't think that one thru hey Hal?

Look on the bright side, at least your fingers are still quick.

molly
02-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Hmmmm. I periodically use a public torrents site from Sweden. xPlornet likes to throttle data usage at certain times so it has been taking a very long time to d/l an episode of "Justified" (my favorite show...). I have not done much of this torrent stuff but I guess one had better keep an eye on the news! :scared:

Sneeze
02-22-2014, 10:42 AM
It' been occurring as long as there are ways to copy something and I'm willing to bet we are all guilty of it, so I doubt that any of us should cast stones.

There isn't a grey area.

It is theft.

Because you took little Sally's pencil in grade 5 doesn't make it okay to rob a liquor store.

If you want to watch a movie - pay for it.

pseelk
02-22-2014, 11:14 AM
There isn't a grey area.

It is theft.

Because you took little Sally's pencil in grade 5 doesn't make it okay to rob a liquor store.

No it is not.You are allowed to copy movies as long as it is for your own use.In Canada anyway.

Davey Boy
02-22-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm sure that you have never done anything that is even remotely illegal. Don't judge people for what they do.

Have you ever gone through a red light or drove faster than the limit. Honestly now.
Downloading in Canada is not illegal YET, uploading or sharing is. That is why the film industry is closing down the torrent sites, they are the people responsible for sharing the movies. And they have had success in closing them down. Once they are gone, there will be no more downloading, at least on a large scale.

We are not the police to say what is right or wrong for others.

hayseed
02-22-2014, 11:38 AM
You guys really need to go outside..

Spidey
02-22-2014, 11:51 AM
This is an interesting topic. Arguably, Hollywood is making more money now than before downloading began (at least in theater revenue). Yet downloading has likely played a role in the erosion of the video rental market (although those kiosks at grocery stores seem to be doing ok.)

I remember feeling frustrated going to a dud movie thinking "there's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back" and having little recourse other than electing to leave within the first 20 minutes to qualify for a refund. At least now there are sites like www.rottentomatoes.com where a guy can do a little more research before shelling out to catch a flick.

In some ways I actually think file sharing/social media may serve to prop up the industry in terms of popularity and trending of movies.

FCLightning
02-22-2014, 12:12 PM

Right is right, and wrong is wrong. The police do not decide. And yes, it behooves us to advise others when they are doing wrong. Theft is wrong.

canadiantdi
02-22-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm sure that you have never done anything that is even remotely illegal. Don't judge people for what they do.

Have you ever gone through a red light or drove faster than the limit. Honestly now.
Downloading in Canada is not illegal YET, uploading or sharing is. That is why the film industry is closing down the torrent sites, they are the people responsible for sharing the movies. And they have had success in closing them down. Once they are gone, there will be no more downloading, at least on a large scale.

So basically, a guy has to be perfect to be allowed to point out right from wrong?

Kurt505
02-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Whiners on both sides.

Oh poor Hollywood, they're all starving there now with all the people downloading, my heart goes out to those poor movie stars and producers, I'm sure their only averaging in the low double digit millions a year because of this.

Then there's the other side. I only make $32/hr, how can I come up with $25 for a night out, away from my sofa and computer every time a new movie I might be interested comes out?

I don't download movies, not because I don't have the means, just because it's not important to me, I can wait a couple months and rent it for $5, if it's that important to me, I'll spend $100 and take the wife out, we can share a popcorn.

If there's any real crime here, it's the price they charge for popcorn and a soda at the theatre. If they sold it at a reasonable price, maybe people could afford to go to the movies and not have to download it.

deanmc
02-22-2014, 01:28 PM
So basically, a guy has to be perfect to be allowed to point out right from wrong?

Only if you care about being a hypocrite.

Davey Boy
02-22-2014, 01:59 PM
I'm just saying that we are not perfect angels, never met one in my life. But to condemn people for downloading, when it is not illegal YET, bothers me.

And if you felt that you were perfect and ratted on everyone who didn't bother to register their guns when the law was in effect, I don't think that you would endear you to anyone. IMHO
No we aren't the police, and yes we can point out that something is illegal, if it is illegal. But if you speed or don't register your guns(when it was law) which in my mind is worse, I don't think you should put your morals on others.

Just saying.

Davey Boy
02-22-2014, 02:00 PM
LOL Now I'm going outside to play in my sandbox.

midgetwaiter
02-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Or use Peer Block 1.1 to block anyone pinging your computer when you are downloading. Its a free program blocking over 1 Trillion ip addresses. Yes 1 Trillion.

There are only 4.2 billion adresses available with IP version 4.

CanuckShooter
02-22-2014, 02:27 PM
There isn't a grey area.

It is theft.

Is it still theft if you give it back?? :thinking-006:

marxman
02-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Stop, thief! I sure dont feel sorry for the music:-)industry i remember when the internet started empowering music fans and the music industry was trying to tell us quality would go down and music would fall apart thanks but no thanks ripoff artists music has been around a long time it will be alive and well whether you own it or not

Davey Boy
02-22-2014, 02:47 PM
There are only 4.2 billion adresses available with IP version 4.

My bad, yes a bit over 1 billion, got my decimal points misplaced.

ice
02-22-2014, 02:48 PM
WEEE-OOO-WEEE-OOO
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/Cupramax/Internet_Police.jpg

The Internet Police Has Arrived

Davey Boy
02-22-2014, 02:52 PM
OK I'm gone.

canadiantdi
02-22-2014, 03:18 PM
Only if you care about being a hypocrite.

Well I guess that settles it.. no one is allowed to say anything is wrong because they have done something bad in the past. Great logic.

DiabeticKripple
02-22-2014, 03:23 PM
WEEE-OOO-WEEE-OOO
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/Cupramax/Internet_Police.jpg

The Internet Police Has Arrived

they quite literally are, policing the internet

Cowtown guy
02-22-2014, 03:24 PM
If selling a tool that could be used illegally was illegal... Bass pro would not sell all their deer baiting products.

http://www.basspro.com/Food-Plots-%26-Feeding/_/S-12425010000

Get caught baiting deer...what happens?

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/genregs.html

Read it again. It isn't illegal to bait deer.

deanmc
02-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Well I guess that settles it.. no one is allowed to say anything is wrong because they have done something bad in the past. Great logic.

Nice try. Not what I said at all.FYI I agree with you. Davey Boy made no sense to me at all. Making mistakes in the past and learning from them makes you human not a Hypocrite. IMHO

Sitkaspruce
02-22-2014, 07:25 PM
tons of places where you can watch movies, Tv shows and series for free.

Megashare
Crackle
and others. Just google free movies.

Cheers

SS

pickrel pat
02-22-2014, 08:14 PM
So....... Is it.... Or.....Is not..... illegal to download a movie and watch it right now? This is the only thing that matters here. If its legal, then this is a personal morals/ethics thread....kinda like barbed or barbless..... So what is it right now? Legal or not?

DiabeticKripple
02-22-2014, 08:38 PM
i was always under the impression it is illegal to distribute, but legal to download.

i dont seed. i just download and then delete it out of utorrent so people cant leech off me, thus making me a distributor

Davey Boy
02-22-2014, 08:50 PM
As of now until parliament passes the law it is legal to download, but not upload to anyone. As I mentioned that is why the movie industry is shutting down the torrents sites that they can.

That said down the road the law may make it illegal to download as well.

pickrel pat
02-22-2014, 09:04 PM
There isn't a grey area.

It is theft.

some pretty good flaming for someone who does not know what their talking about and is wrong. Anything else?

Unregistered user
02-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Whiners on both sides.

Oh poor Hollywood, they're all starving there now with all the people downloading, my heart goes out to those poor movie stars and producers, I'm sure their only averaging in the low double digit millions a year because of this.

Then there's the other side. I only make $32/hr, how can I come up with $25 for a night out, away from my sofa and computer every time a new movie I might be interested comes out?

I don't download movies, not because I don't have the means, just because it's not important to me, I can wait a couple months and rent it for $5, if it's that important to me, I'll spend $100 and take the wife out, we can share a popcorn.

If there's any real crime here, it's the price they charge for popcorn and a soda at the theatre. If they sold it at a reasonable price, maybe people could afford to go to the movies and not have to download it.

Sorta like syphoning fuel from an oil company's truck because gas is too pricey.

zero
02-22-2014, 10:45 PM

I can confirm they never REALLY get shut down.... just renamed, sure the domain name gets shut down but the user-bases are saved and migrated to another site and its like it never happened, they move the web hosting to cloud, vpn's and tunnels to hide the true destination of the site, host it in a country that has no laws against piracy online so the cease and desist letters are void.... they will never stop piracy online.

Sundancefisher
02-23-2014, 01:23 AM
Whiners on both sides.

An HD pay per view movie is not about $6 through your cable provider or iTunes.

Very inexpensive to be honest. You may someday find out it was very expensive to steal..not to mention blogging it publicly for added evidence of your crime.

You could also buy the DVD for under $20 or find another rental option.

Cheap theatre is only $12.50 for a movie, popcorn and drink.

Sundancefisher
02-23-2014, 01:25 AM
i was always under the impression it is illegal to distribute, but legal to download.

i dont seed. i just download and then delete it out of utorrent so people cant leech off me, thus making me a distributor

Sounds like you download you pay. If you buy a DVD you can copy it to your personal devices like iPad.

midgetwaiter
02-23-2014, 03:34 AM
Sounds like you download you pay. If you buy a DVD you can copy it to your personal devices like iPad.

While I know there are many ways to do this they are all illegal in most jurisdictions, including Canada.

DVDs and Blu Ray are locked with region codes and encrypted to keep people from copying the discs. This copy protection mechanism is where you run into problems with the law. While you are allowed to make a copy for personal use or "format shifting" like putting it on your iPad you are not allowed to do anything that bypasses copy protection measures. This new provision came as part of bill C-11 that was passed in 2012.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-42/page-42.html#h-54

This bill made sure you had the "right" to copy that movie to your tablet but at the same time made doing so and any software that allowed you to do so illegal. It's a farce.

If that's how they want it then that's fine by me, if I'm a criminal for putting a movie I bought 10 years ago on my phone so I can watch it when I want then I'm going to be the best criminal I can.

canadiantdi
02-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Nice try. Not what I said at all.FYI I agree with you. Davey Boy made no sense to me at all. Making mistakes in the past and learning from them makes you human not a Hypocrite. IMHO

Oh sorry I misunderstood you.

canadiantdi
02-23-2014, 05:42 PM

Wouldn't you be uploading while downloading though?

zero
02-23-2014, 07:06 PM

you can disable that in utorrent if you dont want to seed

ice
02-23-2014, 07:12 PM

Set the upload limit to 0.
Relocate all resources to downloading.

Sneeze
02-23-2014, 09:04 PM
some pretty good flaming for someone who does not know what their talking about and is wrong. Anything else?

Pretty sure its not me that has to read our copyright laws.

If calling me an incorrect troll helps you justify theft - I am glad I could help you.

Netflix is something like six bucks a month.

Movies are around $20 at Wal-Mart.

If you have to steal movies, you need to watch less movies or earn more money.

Its actually quite pathetic. What kind of self respecting adult steals something worth $6. It's like stealing chocolate bars from the gas station. If you are going to steal at least try to steal something with some value.

jungleboy
02-23-2014, 09:10 PM
Is it still theft if you give it back?? :thinking-006:

Not if you're a senator:)

GreenCanada
02-23-2014, 10:54 PM

If calling me an incorrect troll helps you justify theft - I am glad I could help you.

Its actually quite pathetic. What kind of self respecting adult steals something worth $6. It's like stealing chocolate bars from the gas station. If you are going to steal at least try to steal something with some value.

Hahaha, I really hope you're kidding... for your sake. Next we'll be hearing, you wouldn't steal a car, so don't download a movie.

For anyone that is wondering, you can also stream every single movie that is available for download, plus a plethora of others that don't have seeders. Just a simple google search will bring you to numerous sites. If you don't have a Mac, just have a good anti-virus program and learn what to click and what not to.

Streaming isn't downloading, so have at it!

silverdoctor
02-24-2014, 01:26 AM
OMG, seriously people???

In Canada, it is illegal to download copyright materials - be it movies, pictures or whatever. Doesn't matter if you share them or not. I'll use Shaw Internet as an example... http://www.shaw.ca/terms-of-use/

Shaw's terms of service states:

Federal law provides severe civil and criminal penalties for the unauthorized reproduction, distribution or exhibition of copyrighted motion pictures and certain programming and Shaw shall not be liable for the same, nor is Shaw granting you any rights in that regard whatsoever.

When you download, you are effectively reproducing - making a copy - on your computer.

For those that think they can claim someone hacked their wireless or downloaded stuff from their open wireless or even viral activities, try again:

You are responsible for any misuse of the Services that originate from your account, even activities committed by any friend, family, co-worker, employee, guest or anyone with access to the account. You must ensure that others not gain unauthorized access to the Services.

Your name is on the account, you're responsible for it - no matter what.

Canadians made it easy for their IP's to be tracked while downloading - torrenting is a prime example. Canipre has already said how they did it - create torrent servers and websites with fake copyright materials and record the IP's that were downloading from it. If you downloaded a fake movie, chances are good you're on their list. Boo hoo.

It gets better... The Canadian government has been pushing hard to monitor the internet - just like the USA is doing. They are in fact doing it, just trying to make it legal. Remember ol Vic Toews standing on his soapbox screaming "you're either with us or one of them" - but he hadn't actually read the damn bill. Bill C-13 is a rinse and repeat - they will allow the ISP's in Canada to fork over information on customers - without any repercussions...

silverdoctor
02-24-2014, 01:27 AM
Streaming isn't downloading, so have at it!

Streaming is downloading, your computer still cache's the materials.

leeaspell
02-24-2014, 01:47 AM
As of now until parliament passes the law it is legal to download, but not upload to anyone. As I mentioned that is why the movie industry is shutting down the torrents sites that they can.

That said down the road the law may make it illegal to download as well.

So it's kind of like saying, "well you can buy and smoke all the crack you want, just don't sharing with your friends for free"

GreenCanada
02-24-2014, 02:46 AM

OMG, seriously people???

In Canada, it is illegal to download copyright materials - be it movies, pictures or whatever.

I guess I'll have to disable images too then, because I wouldn't want any of that copyrighted material cached anywhere. Or ebooks, or anything with a copyright symbol at the bottom of the page... Man, I'm screwed.

:thinking-006:

ice
02-24-2014, 07:48 AM

You are incorrect,
Downloading is saving to your hard disc, where as streaming is merely your computer loading a browser page,
You cannot stream a file to your harddrive
However you can download a file to your hardrive.

jungleboy
02-24-2014, 07:52 AM
As usual the " I have never sinned " crowd is alive and well passing judgment on all.

ice
02-24-2014, 07:58 AM
To put it in simple terms for you silver, it is not copyright infingement unless you possess an illegal copy of a file. If the file isnt saved to you computer. Then you have nothing. Just because you stream/load somthing on the internet, dose not mean you have downloaded it, you didnt steal (take possession of anything) you just looked at an internet page... Straight up

ice
02-24-2014, 08:06 AM
If streaming was downloading then youtube would be illegal

ice
02-24-2014, 08:14 AM
It all comes down to uploading copyrighted material, its not illegal to stream copyrighted material however it is illegal to upload it.

ice
02-24-2014, 08:18 AM
And i highly doubt a law will ever be passed that says you cant watch somthing "on the internet"
Its a losing battle... For them...

ice
02-24-2014, 08:41 AM
If it ever came down to the government prosecuting someone for looking/loading an internet page... Then we would have officially lost our human rights...

ice
02-24-2014, 09:10 AM
If it ever came down to the government prosecuting someone for looking/loading an internet page... Then we would have officially lost our human rights...

Oh wait... We're in canada... Theyre half gone already...

silverdoctor
02-24-2014, 11:34 AM
I guess I'll have to disable images too then, because I wouldn't want any of that copyrighted material cached anywhere. Or ebooks, or anything with a copyright symbol at the bottom of the page... Man, I'm screwed. :thinking-006:

In the strict sense of the term, it is illegal to make a copy of any copyright materials. But fortunately, your computer does it automatically when you surf the web and the average joe doesn't know how to put a stop to it. But yes, if you republish it or use it for your own...

Ice, call a spade a spade or a heart or whatever, I don't personally care. I'm not telling people what to do or not to do, I frankly don't care - i'm not the judge, jury or executioner here. If you watch a movie or listen to a song that has been pirated - that you haven't purchased - what does that mean to you? Canadians have had a long run of getting away with so much online - we feel entitled to do it now. That's JMO but the laws are going to change.

You are incorrect,
Downloading is saving to your hard disc, where as streaming is merely your computer loading a browser page, You cannot stream a file to your harddrive
However you can download a file to your hardrive.

Netflix uses silverlight (does it still?) and you cannot download/cache a movie for later viewing. Your browser on the other hand will gladly download a copy of the movie you are watching. Youtube is a great example - there are programs that make downloading easier but they are still automatically downloaded to your computer if you care to look.

To put it in simple terms for you silver, it is not copyright infingement unless you possess an illegal copy of a file. If the file isnt saved to you computer. Then you have nothing. Just because you stream/load somthing on the internet, dose not mean you have downloaded it, you didnt steal (take possession of anything) you just looked at an internet page... Straight up

Straight up? You watched a movie that you didn't purchase and again, I couldn't care less - but where did you watch it from? Netflix Canada sucks, USA is much better so many are opting to VPN into a US server to gain access to better selection. In the strict sense, you are now pirating - gaining access to programming that Canada isn't licensed to have. I don't make the rules, but licensing is licensing wether I agree with it or not.

If streaming was downloading then youtube would be illegal

When you watch anything on youtube, your computer does in fact cache a copy of what you watched. As I said before, there are downloaders for youtube and other sites but they are really not needed - you just need to root through your internet cache. There is alot of illegal media on youtube. Again, I don't make the rules, nor do I care what people do. Google owns youtube, the government loves google, nuff said.

It all comes down to uploading copyrighted material, its not illegal to stream copyrighted material however it is illegal to upload it.

Pirated movies are just that - movies that haven't been purchased.

And i highly doubt a law will ever be passed that says you cant watch somthing "on the internet"
Its a losing battle... For them...

It's not a losing battle for them, the laws are changing and the PC government has been trying to bring in controls of the internet for years.

I refer you to Bill C-13, also known as the Protecting Canadians from Online Crime Act. It's a rewash of bill C-30 - The Protecting Children from Internet Predators Act. Look them up, C13 is heralded as an anti-bullying law but it makes many internet activities illegal - such as VPN to US servers to gain access to unlicensed programming. Also gives the police more powers for investigation - including seizing computers for forenzic analysis. Do you know where your computer has been?

silverdoctor
02-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Oh wait... We're in canada... Theyre half gone already...

There is something we agree on...

silverdoctor
04-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Good time to bring this one back up...

Bill S-4 - Digital Privacy Act - is in the senate.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04/13/new-bill-to-crack-down-on-illegal-downloads-has-privacy-experts-worried/

Bill C-13 - Protecting Canadians from Online Crime Act - will give immunity to any company that shares customer data with the government...

Sound familiar? If the USA gets away with it, Canada will give it a go as well.

connexion123
04-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Well, good thing I don't download anything.

SD1797
04-18-2014, 08:08 PM
As usual the " I have never sinned " crowd is alive and well passing judgment on all.

Yep!
:bad_boys_20:

Nester
06-13-2014, 11:01 AM
http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

:love0025:

Unregistered user
06-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Anybody recommend a good music download site?

DiabeticKripple
06-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Anybody recommend a good music download site?

thepiratebay

CanuckShooter
06-13-2014, 12:40 PM

I kinda side with you on this one Sneeze. Pretty sad.

Agb Crash
06-13-2014, 01:02 PM
pretty sad that you agree with sneeze? LOL
I agree with the points he made, but not with him.:sign0161: