PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL AO Pet Adoption Thread!!

molly
02-22-2014, 08:26 AM
Further to my suggestion on my SPCA Video thread, I am launching this thread which will be specifically to spotlight pets that are currently in the care of animal shelters and pet rescues here in Alberta. I plan to personally focus on the smaller shelters that do not have big advertising budgets, who rely heavily on Facebook and their own website. But feel free to post an adoptable from the big shelters, too!

Think of this like the Recipe thread, only for pets! You may post a photo and a link to the shelter so that if someone is interested, they may contact the shelter directly or PM the poster. If any pet featured here is successfully adopted as a result of this thread, the adopter may post the details along with photos.

This thread is NOT for discussion of animal welfare (there are other threads on that and you can always start another one on a specific issue). Also, it is not meant to serve as a place to rehome a pet that already is living with a family. If you have a pet that you want to give away, please give that pet a special thread of its own. And, if you are aware of a pet that needs to be rescued, again I think it would best serve the animal to get it into a shelter ASAP and then tell us about the situation.

And PLEASE do not DERAIL!! There is a great thread going on just for that purpose! And, if you think is a dumb idea, you do not have to read it. :)

If anyone has some suggestions to make at the outset for additional rules/guidelines, please do so. As we all know, this forum has the power to do a lot of good in our communities and has done so many times. There are a great many pet lovers on here, so I know that some happy tails will come from this.

Thanks everyone...Now, let's do some good! :sHa_shakeshout:

molly
02-22-2014, 08:49 AM
OK, I will start! Here is a cute little girl who was recently rescued along with her sibling, almost frozen. Now in foster care, please contact Deb at (403) 805-4277.
I was told that she can be a bit of a handful, very good around people but when with other dogs starts to get a bit rough and then the big dogs fight with her. She just had surgery to repair her jaw after a big dog took a bite out of her. So, she needs someone who can play the dominant role in her life!

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/tia2506/1011276_561140843981811_1341679785__zpscb975a55.jp g

Here is a link to the HCSPCA FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/High-Country-SPCA/400495420046355

ak77
02-22-2014, 01:24 PM
I am afraid this thread is going into abyss pretty fast.
When I opened it i thought it would be the thread for AO members who need their pets adopted. If it is just another thread re-posting some SPCA-like adoptees - don't see it staying alive for a long.
Sorry.

molly
02-22-2014, 02:05 PM
I am afraid this thread is going into abyss pretty fast.
When I opened it i thought it would be the thread for AO members who need their pets adopted. If it is just another thread re-posting some SPCA-like adoptees - don't see it staying alive for a long.
Sorry.

I got some good responses on the other thread, and I thank you for your reply. I wanted suggestions so maybe this thread COULD include members' pets who would end up in a shelter otherwise. Either way, the poster would follow the guidelines set above; a photo and contact info, plus some info on the pet if known.
I would like to know what should be the focus...or maybe it can have two goals, AO members pets and pets already in the shelter system.
It may not work either way, but I figgered may as well give it a shot.