PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's gold medal game!!???

1899b
02-22-2014, 11:24 AM
3 out of 4 on ice officials are Canadian. I fear they may overcompensate to show no favouritism in any calls made. Why the committee would even go in this direction is beyond me. Canada's officials are the best In the world without a doubt but not much of an international presence there with 3 out of 4 from Canada. What ya all figure??

chadyaz
02-22-2014, 11:29 AM
The officiating crew is from the NHL. They are pros. I have no concerns about any sort of favoritism pro or anti Canada

Mb-MBR
02-22-2014, 11:31 AM
3 out of 4 on ice officials are Canadian. I fear they may overcompensate to show no favouritism in any calls made. Why the committee would even go in this direction is beyond me. Canada's officials are the best In the world without a doubt but not much of an international presence there with 3 out of 4 from Canada. What ya all figure??

This is not figure skating so I don't expect the fact we have Canadians officiating to make a difference that will determine the outcome of the game. How's the split, 2 Canadian linesmen and the other split duties as a ref?

1899b
02-22-2014, 11:39 AM
The officiating crew is from the NHL. They are pros. I have no concerns about any sort of favoritism pro or anti Canada

I just find it odd that the Olympics which prides itself in fair play and whatnot would even put an official in the position. If a person committed a crime in a smaller town, and his /her father were the local judge, I'm pretty sure things would be done to see that the judge didn't precide over his sons hearing. Kind of amateurish and bush league in a way for this to even happen. If there are controversial calls and the swedes lose..... Just sayin

1899b
02-22-2014, 11:41 AM
This is not figure skating so I don't expect the fact we have Canadians officiating to make a difference that will determine the outcome of the game. How's the split, 2 Canadian linesmen and the other split duties as a ref?

I'm unsure of the split at this point. But I am sure it's headlines in Europe.

Mb-MBR
02-22-2014, 12:22 PM
I just find it odd that the Olympics which prides itself in fair play and whatnot would even put an official in the position. If a person committed a crime in a smaller town, and his /her father were the local judge, I'm pretty sure things would be done to see that the judge didn't precide over his sons hearing. Kind of amateurish and bush league in a way for this to even happen. If there are controversial calls and the swedes lose..... Just sayin

I'm sure the Swedes that play or have played in the NHL would prefer NHLers officiating a game of this importance. When the best teams are playing they should also have the best officiating crew available and right now those folks are in the NHL.

Lefty-Canuck
02-22-2014, 12:31 PM
Apparently Peter Forsberg has already started to complain about it....he is livid!

LC

chadyaz
02-22-2014, 12:35 PM

To use your analogy, nhl officials are the most qualified and best at their job judges a criminal could ask for

Chewie66
02-22-2014, 01:19 PM
I don't think the Olympics give a rat's ass about fairplay considering one of the figure skating judges was previously suspended for a year for trying to rig a competition and another of the judges is the wife of a very high ranking Russian skating official. That being said, I'm more than confident that the gold medal game officials will call the game fair and square. Go Canada!

Pixel Shooter
02-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Yep I have no concerns except for what bar are all AO members meeting up at 5 a.m :p

Fisherpeak
02-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Apparently Peter Forsberg has already started to complain about it....he is livid!

LC

F him,shut up and play hockey.Would he rather have refs from Great Britian?

sjemac
02-22-2014, 01:31 PM

I believe one of the stipulations of NHL participation was that when two teams were playing that are comprised mostly of NHL players that NHL ref and linesmen would be used. No Euros in the NHL officiating corps that I know of.

Lefty-Canuck
02-22-2014, 01:38 PM
Yep I have no concerns except for what bar are all AO members meeting up at 5 a.m :p

Overtime Sherwood Park? Wing morning?

LC

CaberTosser
02-22-2014, 01:41 PM
Throw in some Czech, Russian & US officials for Pete's sake. When we win it would be nice that it remains untarnished by controversy :)

Pixel Shooter
02-22-2014, 01:55 PM
They open?? :happy0180:Overtime Sherwood Park? Wing morning?

LC

speedfreak
02-22-2014, 01:58 PM
I know Original Joes is.

Sundancefisher
02-22-2014, 02:00 PM

You need to exercise global blog moderator order 12.1 and ban Forsberg from talking anymore.

I am only concerned if Canada does not come out FLYING in the first 5 seconds.

Heart and determination will win this game...not refereeing.

Steven Noel
02-22-2014, 02:55 PM

Hudson's on Whyte

pinelakeperch
02-22-2014, 05:35 PM
The best officials in the world happen to be Canadian, I don't see an issue with that. I do worry about overcompensation though. Regardless, Canada is a much deeper team than Sweden, if a fair game is played then Canada will once again be at the top of the hockey world.

recce43
02-22-2014, 06:14 PM
went to high school and played hockey with one of the linesmen Derek

Warrior
02-22-2014, 10:21 PM
One of the dad's on my sons hockey team is one of the Ref's. Myers

Dacotensis
02-22-2014, 10:24 PM
Where's Mutter to take a dumb bet and post that picture of himself in tights. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

No one willing to take the swedes here???

Unregistered user
02-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Lycka till Sverige! There I said it.

Kanonfodder
02-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Both teams had to sign off on the ref squad, Forsberg is simply doing what Gretzky did in Salt Lake, create a sideshow to take the heat off the Team. Forsberg by complaining now may help the Swedes get some calls

pinelakeperch
02-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Both teams had to sign off on the ref squad, Forsberg is simply doing what Gretzky did in Salt Lake, create a sideshow to take the heat off the Team. Forsberg by complaining now may help the Swedes get some calls

Gretzky had a reason, there were a ton of missed calls in SLC against Canada.