PDA

View Full Version : Ex-prison guard impregnated by cop killer Ronell Wilson sentenced to year in prison

rwm1273
02-22-2014, 11:44 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ronell-wilson-baby-mama-prison-time-article-1.1619996

The ex-prison guard impregnated by convicted cop killer Ronell Wilson was sentenced to a year and a day in prison by a Brooklyn judge who acknowledged that she is out of touch with reality, but a jail term was necessary because the crime was so serious.

Nancy Gonzalez, 30, could have received up to 16 months for having sex with the notorious prisoner and was seeking a sentence of probation so she could deal with a multitude of mental issues.

"I hardly needed the extensive psychological reports to reach the conclusion ... this is a person with severe emotional dysfunction," Federal Judge Brian Cogan said Wednesday.

"Everyone seems to agree this is a person who doesn't quite see things as other people see them," the judge continued.

"She certainly expressed remorse, but I don't think she understands all the things that are wrong with her," Cogan said.

The judge referred to Family Court records in which Gonzalez's father admitted abusing her "like it was almost OK" and family members blamed her later "like it was her fault."

Prosecutors said Gonzalez was manipulated by Wilson, a cunning and violent member of the Bloods gang, while he was being held at the Metropolitan Detention Center awaiting re-sentencing for the 2003 murders of undercover NYPD Detectives Rodney Andrews and James Nemorin in Staten Island.

The U.S. Court of Appeals had thrown out the first death sentence due to prosecutorial error.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Celia Cohen said Gonzalez's sex romps created a security risk at the facility for fellow guards and the inmates in Wilson's unit suffered intimidation from the thug emboldened by his illicit relationship with a jailer.

"To this day, she doesn't regret what happened, she wanted to help Wilson with his predicament," Cohen said.

Gonzalez declined to testify at Wilson's resentencing and was blamed by the killer's family for the second jury's verdict of death by lethal injection.
A federal judge ordered Nancy Gonzalez to surrender at a jail to be determined on April 2 to begin her one-year and one-day prison sentence.

Wilson's relatives convinced her to bring their baby son, Justus Liam Gonzalez, to visit them and plied her with alcohol.

She later admitted to driving drunk with the baby in the car and lost custody of her son.

Gonzalez made a tearful bid for lenience.

"Give me a chance to pick up the broken pieces of my life and mend it for Justus' sake," Gonzalez told the judge.

"I held a position of public trust and I betrayed that trust. This does not define who I am," she said.

The MDC warden sent a letter to the judge, which was not made public, asking him to slam her with the maximum sentence allowed under law.

Gonzalez was allowed to self-surrender at a jail to be determined on April 2. Wilson is on Death Row in Terre Haute, Indiana, but no execution date has been scheduled.

Pudelpointer
02-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Seriously, is there no psychological testing before being hired by corrections.... or Law Enforcement in general?

Obviously there is, but it seems to be inadequate.

Redfrog
02-22-2014, 05:02 PM
The heart wants what the heart wants.:thinking-006:

rwm1273
02-22-2014, 05:02 PM
Seriously, is there no psychological testing before being hired by corrections.... or Law Enforcement in general?

Clearly inadequate.

Big Daddy Badger
02-22-2014, 05:27 PM

Another question is... was she able access proper health care services when she might have needed it?

No winners and no easy answers here.

I half feel sorry for her but that does not change the wrongness of what she did.

twofifty
02-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Is that a picture of the guard or the convict?

rwm1273
02-22-2014, 07:57 PM
Is that a picture of the guard or the convict?

Convict. He is a cop killer.

twofifty
02-22-2014, 09:18 PM
He has the eyes for it.
Why our country keeps people like that around is beyond comprehension.

Selkirk
02-22-2014, 11:31 PM
He has the eyes for it.
Why our country keeps people like that around is beyond comprehension.

"our country"?!?! :scared0015: :scared0015: :scared0015:

This thread is a prime example of why I hate all the sensational threads that are started here on the AOF about all the crap that happens in that outfit to the south of us.

Maybe it's time some of the Yahoos that lurk here, wake-up and realise that this is 'Canada', and that we have enough of our own problems to worry about and focus on.

Mac

BeeGuy
02-22-2014, 11:36 PM
Are cop killers worse than other killers?

If you work for the government and carry a firearm, you are the greatest threat to freedom there is.

Something history has proven time and again.

BeeGuy
02-22-2014, 11:37 PM

This thread is a prime example of why I hate all the sensational threads that are started here on the AOF about all the crap that happens in that outfit to the south of us.

Maybe it's time some of the Yahoos that lurk here, wake-up and realise that this is 'Canada', and that we have enough of our own problems to worry about and focus on.

Mac

:happy0034:

We could really do without hourly updates from the HuffPo

TreeGuy
02-23-2014, 12:18 AM
I agree with Mac 'n Beese. :D

gatorhunter
02-23-2014, 06:47 AM

If you work for the government and carry a firearm, you are the greatest threat to freedom there is.

Something history has proven time and again.You need to start standing upwind of your bee smoke.

rwm1273
02-23-2014, 07:40 AM

Mac

Maybe it was not posted as an article of "oh look how bad the US is" but an article of "oh wow, what a crazy person".

rwm1273
02-23-2014, 07:42 AM
:happy0034:

We could really do without hourly updates from the HuffPo

It's from the NY daily.

twofifty
02-23-2014, 11:02 AM

Mac

MacLeod your reading comprehension is faulty today.

I'll explain:
1. Their country (USA) has the guy pictured on death row, and that's how it will eventually end.
2. Our country (Canada) puts stone cold killers in jail and eventually releases them back into society.

I posted because item No. 2 above is one of our country's problems.

GreenCanada
02-23-2014, 02:09 PM

Something history has proven time and again.

x3