PDA

View Full Version : Naked and Afraid

rwm1273
02-22-2014, 01:05 PM
There was a thread a while ago about survival shows. I finally remember the one show that I found pretty crazy. It was Naked and Afraid in Africa. It was about two people, a man and woman put some place and forced to survive while naked.

They rated the people's skills, and it had moments where they were asked individually about certain issues in their survival situation.

It took the typical survival show to another level.

ak77
02-22-2014, 01:15 PM
as long as there is a camera crew following them it is not the survival show.

Knock someone out, give him the back-pack with the camera and few batteries, staple the letter to the chest ("If you survive you win 1mil$. We need at least 6 hours a day of the footage to document your journey. We will find you... maybe... or what's left of you...") and drop them off into unknown location. That will be survival show. everything else is crap. Still boggles my mind how and why people get excited and still watch those shows.

rwm1273
02-22-2014, 01:17 PM
as long as there is a camera crew following them it is not the survival show.

Knock someone out, give him the back-pack with the camera and few batteries, staple the letter to the chest ("If you survive you win 1mil$. We need at least 6 hours a day of the footage to document your journey. We will find you... maybe... or what's left of you...") and drop them off into unknown location. That will be survival show. everything else is crap. Still boggles my mind how and why people get excited and still watch those shows.

For me, it was that or reruns of Harry Potter.

CaberTosser
02-22-2014, 01:25 PM
I thought that one episode if Survivor with the senior citizen ex Navy Seal should have just consisted of him killing all of the other contestants.... But that's just what I think of most 'reality' shows. Make them all to the death, it weeds out the snivelling wanna-be's and bar-stars ( I guess that's the contemporary equivalent to a lounge lizard?).

We need ancient Roman Coliseum inspired events available on cable.

Pudelpointer
02-22-2014, 04:48 PM
I thought that one episode if Survivor with the senior citizen ex Navy Seal should have just consisted of him killing all of the other contestants.... But that's just what I think of most 'reality' shows. Make them all to the death, it weeds out the snivelling wanna-be's and bar-stars ( I guess that's the contemporary equivalent to a lounge lizard?).

We need ancient Roman Coliseum inspired events available on cable.

You're suggesting a geriatric version of the Hunger Games?

recce43
02-22-2014, 05:10 PM
i saw the title i thought you where talking about me

CaberTosser
02-22-2014, 05:13 PM
You're suggesting a geriatric version of the Hunger Games?

I'd have to watch the Hunger Games first to understand the reference, so I'll just answer maybe :)

Redfrog
02-22-2014, 05:17 PM
I watched about 90 seconds of it. Looked to me like the zero would rather spend his time splashing around in a swamp with poisonous snakes, than give that woman a ride on the wild mouse and she was content to stand around watching him instead of finding some laundry to do.

I think they shared a large bowl of stupid.:)

ak77
02-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Watch the original Hunger Games - "Battle Royale". HG is yet another crap story for early teens.

brownbomber
02-22-2014, 08:24 PM
Saw the title and assumed the worst

Red Bullets
02-22-2014, 08:50 PM
There are several different episodes of 2 people 'naked and afraid' on Discovery channel. Man and woman on small deserted island or the everglades, or Borneo. Some of them do go thru quite the ordeals and at least that is not censored out or omitted. Camera man there or not, the participants do suffer.

TreeGuy
02-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Saw the title and assumed the worst

X2. Though he was talking about how Ali#1 lost his virginity in a Mexican brothel........ :D

rwm1273
02-23-2014, 07:44 AM
i watched about 90 seconds of it. Looked to me like the zero would rather spend his time splashing around in a swamp with poisonous snakes, than give that woman a ride on the wild mouse and she was content to stand around watching him instead of finding some laundry to do.

I think they shared a large bowl of stupid.:)

lol.

rwm1273
02-23-2014, 07:45 AM
X2. Though he was talking about how Ali#1 lost his virginity in a Mexican brothel........ :D

Now that is the best one liner. I would use it as a signature line, but don't want any unwanted attention from someone.

hollowleg
02-23-2014, 09:16 AM
A new one called "Dude, You're Screwed. Supposedly ex military/survivalists have 100 hours to reach civilization. More interesting than Survivor for sure. Seen Naked and Afraid. Kind of interesting.

Redfrog
02-23-2014, 10:15 AM
" Dude you're Screwed" ???? Isn't that about a guy who acts as his own lawyer in a divorce?

Kurt505
02-23-2014, 10:19 AM
From the title of this thread I thought it was about losing your virginity.