PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a house to rent in Devon/Morinville/st albert/Spruce grove area

troutbug
02-22-2014, 11:17 PM
The family and I are looking to move to the Devon/Morinville/St Albert/Spruce grove/Stony area. We are open to other areas to but what I listed is the preferred areas.
Has to be a 3 or more bedroom house that allows an older (11) golden retriever mix and a small house dog. Both have great references along with references from other places we have rented. We are in a gorgeous house now but need to move closer to work so I can be home every night instead of only driving home to see the family on weekends.

I am posting this in the general area as I am also looking for some recommendations for some rental companies that may be out their or what real estate office is best to deal with when looking for a rental. Figured this post would receive more views in the general area.

We are looking to move in May.

thanks in advance,

Troutbug

MegaHorn
02-23-2014, 12:18 PM
don't move to st albert
place is a ****hole on the inside; only looks good from the outside.
I'm born and raised there

Red Bullets
02-23-2014, 12:34 PM
Check out the local newspapers. The Devon dispatch, the Leduc Representative,
the Spruce Grove Examiner. Maybe even place an ad in them.
Devon is a nice town. Still has a small town feel to it. Has everything you need and the river valley right there. Hospital, Swimming pool, rec parks.. My daughter teaches junior high school there and has told me that the kids are pretty good.Also easy access to south and west Edm. Quick to get to nice countryside west, north or south. If you are a hunter you are right on the edge of the bow/rifle boundaries. Some great rifle/bow hunting and fishing within 5 minutes of devon.

The Glory Hills 5 miles northwest of Stony Plain is beautiful countryside too.

If you are considering acreage living...
In all of the areas there are a few schools out in the countryside too so rural kids aren't even in town when they go to school. Better grades.

Smokey
02-23-2014, 03:10 PM
Check Kijiji. I wont even bother with newspapers for displaying my rental ads. Check regularly and often cause places go fast with near 0 vacancy rates.

troutbug
02-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Check Kijiji. I wont even bother with newspapers for displaying my rental ads. Check regularly and often cause places go fast with near 0 vacancy rates.

We have done the paper ad thing before, had scammers call and just don't want to deal with that hassle. I joined the facebook groups for that area and am spreading the word. We have been looking on kijiji also.

birdee
02-23-2014, 04:56 PM
going to be looking in the same area with 8 mth lab and the wife's dog.Found this on line might help.
http://www.freerentads.com/edmonton-houses-for-rent-perfect-home-for-you-and-your-family-15a-ave-nw-house-rentals-QQZ2004287-1fTjIt
denis