PDA

View Full Version : Roll up the rim etiquette

MRM
02-23-2014, 02:57 PM
What do you folks think Roll up the rim etiquette should be? I would like to think that if I bought someone a coffee and they won a car I would be happy for them, but....

Redfrog
02-23-2014, 03:12 PM
What do you folks think Roll up the rim etiquette should be? I would like to think that if I bought someone a coffee and they won a car I would be happy for them, but....

They should pay you back for the coffee?

tri777
02-23-2014, 03:17 PM

...me thinks someone is currently expeirencing a bout of
'givers remorse'?

220swifty
02-23-2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the car, bud. Need a ride somewhere?

ice
02-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Alright who did you give the car to?

Mekanik
02-23-2014, 03:28 PM
When I give, sell, or trade anything to someone, my personal rights to that, in my opinion, are gone. I have sold vehicles to people for what I needed, tools, instruments, and a lot of other things to have them resold, mistreated or misused. I give lottery tickets in Christmas cards to close friends and sincerely ask that they keep in touch if they win "the big one" as I don't care to see anything from it.

A cup of coffee with a possible car attached? Meh.

If you don't want a friend or co-worker to win because they might not share with you, don't buy them a coffee.

Or go to McDonald's. But that means they might get boardwalk on the monopoly game! Here we go again.

Chewbacca
02-23-2014, 03:30 PM
If you can't give freely then give at all.

MegaHorn
02-23-2014, 03:32 PM
I concur

if I won and sold car whoever bought me the coffee would be getting some sort of kickback

double gun
02-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Look how generous I am (as long as you don't win anything). You gave them a $2 coffee not the car - tims gave them the car. :snapoutofit:

Au revoir, Gopher
02-23-2014, 03:46 PM
I would think a car would be fair compensation for having to drink a cup of Tim's coffee. :)

ARG

Mekanik
02-23-2014, 03:51 PM
I would think a car would be fair compensation for having to drink a cup of Tim's coffee. :)

ARG

Whiskey toast and slow clap here, my friend.
Excellent response.

adogwiththumbs
02-23-2014, 04:01 PM
He said " say thanks to your wife for the double doubles".
I said "pardon?" I followed with a crazy crueler kick, right uppercut and then a fleurrrry to the solar plexus. Ever since, I've been the chaaamp.

rwm1273
02-23-2014, 06:29 PM
When I give, sell, or trade anything to someone, my personal rights to that, in my opinion, are gone. I have sold vehicles to people for what I needed, tools, instruments, and a lot of other things to have them resold, mistreated or misused. I give lottery tickets in Christmas cards to close friends and sincerely ask that they keep in touch if they win "the big one" as I don't care to see anything from it.

A cup of coffee with a possible car attached? Meh.

If you don't want a friend or co-worker to win because they might not share with you, don't buy them a coffee.

Or go to McDonald's. But that means they might get boardwalk on the monopoly game! Here we go again.

I feel the same way. If I give a lotto ticket or something that has a prize attached to it, and they win, then great for them. It was just not my turn to win.

My wife says it is god's will if we win, and he will reward us when it is right for us. I'm not as religious, but I don't dispute her attitude. Seems to have gotten us this far.

CheeseBurger
02-23-2014, 07:54 PM

ARG

You're on the right track. :sHa_shakeshout:

hl649
02-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Without a doubt, it would be their turn to buy the coffee next time!

Twisted Canuck
02-24-2014, 09:47 PM
One of my sub contractors brought me a Tim's the other day (I buy my fix at McDonalds, better swill by far imo), but anyway, after I was done I said 'Well, let's see if you won a car...'. He was surprised by that, and I said that I was serious as a heart attack, if someone brings me a coffee with a car on it, they drive it home. Only seems right to me, I don't know why but that is just the way I look at it. He seemed surprised, but also I think respected the 'Old School' way I look at that and life in general. If on the other hand I bought someone a coffee and they won, and kept it, I wouldn't squawk. I might think differently of them though. And if I bought, they won, and gave it back to me.....I'd either sell it and split the cash, or give them a fair 'half value' for it. How do I come to this formula you ask? Hell if I know, but something in me said that this is the right approach, and in life I try to go with that as my face is hard enough to look at in the mirror when I'm trying to be a good man, never mind if I go against that little voice. :)

hollowleg
02-24-2014, 10:24 PM
Just get a small coffee at McD this week and you and friend are guaranteed to be both be winners. It is free and you can have refills. :)