PDA

View Full Version : Russian beer commercial response

BEL
02-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Now that we have won gold and the Russian hockey team failed to make the "playoffs" I am hoping a Canadian beer company responds to the Russian beer company's pre-Olympic commericial. I am wondering what many of our creative members would put on the can in response? I know what I would put on the can but I am too polite to say it. BEL

elkdump
02-23-2014, 04:08 PM
difference IS, a Russian Brewery can make great beer,,,

and Canadian breweries make chemically laced weesel pee !

as for quality or entertainment value of the commercials ?,

I really could care less

58thecat
02-23-2014, 04:16 PM
Who cares Canada is awesome. Our woman are warm, our beer is cold and we rock at hockey, hunting and fishing!

greylynx
02-23-2014, 04:21 PM

I really could care less

So True.

The British military like to train in Poland and Ukraine for the cheap cigarettes, beer, and real sausage. No Bangers.

Then there are also the natural blondes and gingers in those two countries trying to perfect their English.

And then there are the British military that are transferred to Suffield. He He He.

Big Daddy Badger
02-23-2014, 05:05 PM

I really could care less

True.

Besides... a bit of banter before a competition is pretty acceptable.

Being a poor spot when losing is less acceptable.

Be a poor sport after winning...is beneath contempt.

The only anthem played in that rink was ours... we should have the grace to be pleased about that without trying to be mean about it as well....its just a game.

bobalong
02-23-2014, 05:43 PM
True.

The only anthem played in that rink was ours... we should have the grace to be pleased about that without trying to be mean about it as well....its just a game.

Pretty clear by their comments they don't view the hockey as just a game, to them it is THE games. I do agree, no reason to be mean about winning, but a little joke never hurts.

brownbomber
02-23-2014, 06:23 PM
True.

Bang on bdb bang on.
People need to act like they've won something before. See any of our athletes with school yard shenanigans victory dance ?? My hockey days would have been murdered by coaches for disrespect to a opponent. Be happy you one, be joyful but don't cut down the opposition. That's why they shake hands after.

kostianych
02-23-2014, 06:29 PM

perfectly said :happy0180:

Kanonfodder
02-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Before y'all spout of about Canadian Breweries maybe broaden your horizons on craft beer in Canada...Molsons and Labatts are not indicative of the great beer Canada makes

RedLabel
02-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Before y'all spout of about Canadian Breweries maybe broaden your horizons on craft beer in Canada...Molsons and Labatts are not indicative of the great beer Canada makes

x100

GreenCanada
02-23-2014, 10:51 PM

Couldn't agree more.

Plus, wasn't Molsons bought out by an American company anyways?

The main large volume breweries don't represent real Canadian beer. It is the local and craft breweries that truly make a great product. Though, it isn't $20 for 24 so I can understand some folks not wanting to pay for a great tasting product, just the quantity required to get hammered.

I for one, would prefer to enjoy what I'm drinking.