PDA

View Full Version : browning new firearm

WSM
10-12-2008, 01:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone has seen the new X-bolt rifle? Has anyone heard anything bad about them? I am interested in the stainless, synthetic and in a 7mm WSM. If anybody sees one out there, send me a e-mail at kurt400ex@hotmail.com

wayne
10-12-2008, 03:40 PM
I held one and shouldered it at WSS about a month ago. Wasn't impressed with the trimmed down scale - it just doesn't fit like an A-bolt - though it is a nice looking design. SIR/Cabella's has the 7WSM listed in their new catologue.

dustees
10-12-2008, 04:06 PM
i just bought the new x-bolt medallion 7mm rem mag about a month ago, and i find it to be a nice rifle to hold and its very well weighted for a 26" barrel, its not so front heavy like some other remingtons ive held, it has a nice smooth bolt.
you cant go wrong with an x bolt.

WSM
10-14-2008, 07:47 PM
How does it fire? Can you notice less kick with the new butt pad? Is the bolt action smooth with the design of feeding it more centre of the rifle?

dustees
10-14-2008, 09:37 PM
it fires great. i had to get used to the recoil, but im used to it now. the new butt pad is very nice, its almost like some sort of gel and rubber, but it works good. the bolt is nice and smooth, and a nice short angle so you dont have to lift so high when reloading. when i was looking for a new rifle i checked out some tikka's, remingtons, CZ, savage, and most of them (not all) had a rather rough sliding bolt which was kind of annoying, so i went with the browning. im sure there is better out there with more money out of your pocket, but for 900 its a nice feeling rifle.

RUM
10-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Have held the Medallion, Hunter, and Composite Stalker, yet to see the Stainless Stalker although SIR (Cabelas, whichever) is listing them on the website. They are comfortable guns, action feels nice, but I personally prefer the A-Bolt style/feel, to each their own on that though.
The only thing that I have heard (not my experience) bad about them is guys are not happy with the new "x" mounting system for the bases. Limited selection and hard to find is what I kind of understood the main problem as. In WSS I believe it was, I guess a couple have been returned because of it...... Hopefully as they satisfy the demand in the US that will be resolved, and I would suspect if this style sticks around more companies will be manufacturing bases for them.
Other than that, it's a Browning....you'll love it!

Dick284
10-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Dudley's Outdoor Escape in Drayton Valley, has on on the rack. 780-621-3339
Cant remember the caliber since it's a dang righty.