PDA

View Full Version : skeeters?

rugatika
10-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Has anyone tried those Browning skeeters in their over/under. I was going to buy some today in wholesale sports but got tired of waiting for service and left in disgust (not the first time I might add).

I'd like to get some .410 or 28g skeeters for my 12g Beretta 686. Are there any downsides to these other than the fact that the ammo costs more and you're still toting a 12g shotgun??

Thanks for the input.

Go Conservatives!!

Thinking about getting my restricted if the Cons pull off a majority as a celebration present.

uglyelk2
10-14-2008, 09:11 PM
get your restricted anyway and stock pile what you can while you can!

catnthehat
10-14-2008, 10:09 PM
I bought a set on spec a few months ago - wanted to try them.
They work just fine in a 12 gauge!
I doubt if I would win a skeet match with a set, but they are fine for shooting birds.
BTW, 28 and 410 both are super cheap compared to factory if you reload!:D
Cat

Little Red Man
10-15-2008, 04:34 PM
What's a skeeter? If it's what I think it is, I have been looking for some of these as well. Tried to search WS web site to no avail (they REALLY need to hire a tech geek to revamp that site!).

catnthehat
10-15-2008, 09:58 PM
What's a skeeter? If it's what I think it is, I have been looking for some of these as well. Tried to search WS web site to no avail (they REALLY need to hire a tech geek to revamp that site!).
The skeeter is a drop in adapter for 12 gayge guns that allows you to downsize to a smaller gauge.
although they are not very long, they do work well, because the barrel acts just like an overbore system.
I'm putting the ones I was experimenting with for sale on the exchange, if anyone is interested.:D
Cat

Little Red Man
10-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks Cat, that is exactly what I thought they were. Want to downsize my 12 to a 20 for the wifey. So, you tested them and then are selling them? Did you find issues/something you did not like about them?