PDA

View Full Version : Pine lake boat launch ?

floppychicken
10-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Coming in from CowTown.... Can anyone confirm a launch that is open at this time of year ? I was told that some of the campgrounds (and their boat launches) are locked up for the season.

Cheers,

/FC....

Albertadiver
10-17-2008, 08:04 AM
At the far north end of the lake there is a provincial picnic area with a launch. It's used to acess the lake in winter for ice fishing as well.

floppychicken
10-17-2008, 08:48 PM
At the far north end of the lake there is a provincial picnic area with a launch. It's used to acess the lake in winter for ice fishing as well.

Awesome,

Found it.... Thanks !

/FC....

TundraBuck
10-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Don't use the launch at Scotty's it sucks. Seen a couple trucks sink into it this year. Plus he makes you pay.

jesse34567
10-17-2008, 10:59 PM
how has pine been lately might head up there next weekened

Albertadiver
10-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Heard there was a fair number of wallaye being caught lately, along with slew sharks.

Grew up on that lake. My grandpa had a cabin at Sandy Cove. My other Grandma just gave up her lot at Green acres due to health. I'm going to miss spending time there. Lots of history for me, with the Tornado, and spending my summer holiday's as a kid on our boat. My grandpa made it himself, 'old blue'. Actually have it on a postcard for Pine Lake, back in the early 80's he pulled 13 skiers at once with his 454 chrysler inboard.

Hope to get out and do some ice fishing on it this winter.

floppychicken
10-19-2008, 02:40 AM
The water was full of algae when we were there on Friday. Some areas of the lake were so filled with green stuff that we were leaving a 'green SCUM wake' whilst trolling ! Fishing was incredibly slow due to the conditions. Managed a 6lb Pike and a 4lb Walleye out of the ten or so fish that we caught.... The water was a balmy 43 degrees as well. It was a beautiful day though, and the water was like GLASS for the better part of the day.

Will hopefully get to NEWELL and PINE COULEE in the next week or so before I pack up the boat for the season.

Cheers,

/FC....

floppychicken
10-19-2008, 02:51 AM
Don't use the launch at Scotty's it sucks. Seen a couple trucks sink into it this year. Plus he makes you pay.

Yeah,

We didn't find the public launch until AFTER we had already put in the boat at "Scotty's". No concrete in the water and the sand is REALLY soft. When I backed up the first time, the entire rear of the trailer basically dissappeared into the water and my guide poles are 4 1/2 feet high ! I almost fell through the damn dock too ! Those docks are SERIOUSLY in need of some repair. Honestly, I think I'd just remove the entire works and have it replaced. The wood is all rotten and falling apart. Too bad really....

Cheers,

/FC....

jesse34567
10-19-2008, 10:41 AM
thanks for the update FC cause i was planing on heading there next weekened now that heard what u have to say i doubt that well happen

floppychicken
07-28-2015, 06:45 PM
Curious, did Scotty's ever properly update their boat launch and Dock?