PDA

View Full Version : Cold Lake Thursday mar 27

bowhunter79
03-24-2014, 11:41 PM
Hello,
A couple of us are headed to cold lake to do some fishing was wondering if anyone will be out there to help us out never fished lakers through the ice. Got all the gear but need a little guidance. Anyone around that day want to meet up or come along? Any bait or lures that are a must have?

Thanks

35 whelen
03-25-2014, 06:44 AM
Try some tube jigs ,bucktail jigs , I like herring for bait some don't use any. we had best luck in 140 fow last trip good luck .LET THEM GO LET THEM GROW.

pikehunter1989
03-25-2014, 06:53 AM
X2.. White tube jigs/bucktails. Have a few different sizes as somtimes they'll chase a bigger one but won't touch it but will if you downsize. If you have a flasher just pay attention to what they want. It somtimes changes day to day or even hour to hour. Somtimes they want to chase and hammer it. Somtimes they like hitting it on the drop. Sometimes they want it sitting right on bottom and other times jigged 5-10 ft off bottom. If you have no electronics work the bottom 15 ft of the column but most of my luck has been within 5 ft off bottom. Herring or anchovies seem to work. I fillet a side off my herring and let it hang. Good luck... I'm hoping to get once or twice more before the end of season!

splake0
03-25-2014, 07:26 AM
Bucktail jigs with stinger, white is fail safe. No bait is needed. I haven't used bait in 4+ years.
Sonar is a must

Good luck

Rabdo
03-25-2014, 10:23 PM
I'm thinking I might make it up to cold lake friday, saturday sunday to finish off this ice fishing season. Anyone else going to be there and want to meet up?
I don't know the lake well and will probably just stick to the main marina in town. Have had decent luck there. I am sure there are better spots away from the crowd though.

35 whelen
03-26-2014, 06:56 AM
Go to provincial park and head east ,

Rabdo
03-26-2014, 08:57 AM
I been to the provincial park part of the lake once. Didn't have luck that day though. I was close to where some shacks were set up too.
Do any of you cold lake locals know the guy that makes the cold lake special? I wouldn't mind buying some more of them. I know he's on the forums haha

pikeslayer22
03-26-2014, 09:31 AM
The guy that makes the cold lake specials lives in Edmonton i am told and has not put any out this year....WSS south was making a version of it

Daceminnow
03-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Do any of you cold lake locals know the guy that makes the cold lake special? I wouldn't mind buying some more of them.

contact montec here on the forum.

don't settle for imitation tubes. the Special is balanced to sit perfectly horizontal at rest, wire trailer, premium hooks. if they don't look like this, they're not The Cold Lake Special. big trout love em.

Dace

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd450/daceminnow/IMG_1064_zps84b971b4.jpg

LCCFisherman
03-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Def not premium hooks, they break and bend all the time.

sheepstalker
03-31-2014, 07:36 PM
Def not premium hooks, they break and bend all the time.

x2 ive had more luck rigging up my own, and $10 for 2 jigs is a bloody rip off!! I bought all the supplies; tubes, and tube jig with wire stingers to make 20 jigs for $27 online!