PDA

View Full Version : NSR boat launch, near smokey lake?

FisherPotch
10-19-2008, 02:12 PM
hey guys,

Just wondering if there are any good spots to launch a boat near smokey lake?

buckmaster
10-19-2008, 08:20 PM
hey guys,

the only closest one is the fort sask boat launch!!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
10-19-2008, 11:43 PM
hey guys,

There use to be a launch on the north east siide by vinca bridge. not sure if its still there. But thats still aways away.

FisherPotch
10-19-2008, 11:56 PM
I think your actually thinking north west. There is a boat launch there, no concrete but it does the job.

Is this the one your talking about BBJ? Or are you speaking about one that is somewhere down victoria trail?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
10-20-2008, 01:09 AM
I think your actually thinking north west. There is a boat launch there, no concrete but it does the job.

Is this the one your talking about BBJ? Or are you speaking about one that is somewhere down victoria trail?

Maybe its the west side. But its just gravel , But im sure it is the east side who knows =but you know where I mean.

FisherPotch
10-20-2008, 01:33 AM
We may be thinking of different launches. Now I'm interested in one that is to the east.

Short gravel road heading south? then like 100 meters of dirt road? about 800-1000 meters up stream of vinca? Launch is purdy much sand. Not bad fishing at this spot good numbers of eye's, gold and wall. The odd pike and sucker. Supper easy access too.

FisherPotch
10-20-2008, 05:21 AM
I KNOW there are spots to launch near smokey lake, not from experience but they are there. I'd like to know where you fellows out that way launch. Anybody?

spaded
10-20-2008, 08:56 AM
I know of one or two down there, pretty close to my hometown but its been awhile snice I was down there.

Fisherpotch I asked you for some help awhile back, I never did hear anything back from you???

anyways goodluck:tongue2:

FisherPotch
10-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Spaded,

I'm sorry I don't recall. Is it possible I missed your question in an open forum?because I don't remember a pm. I'd think that I would have offered the best of my help. Enless you were asking for a location in an open forum. Please feel free to ask me anything. Though I may not be the most knowlegeble person to ask.

Could you pm me to refresh my memory?

Thanks for your help.

Safety D
10-25-2008, 08:36 PM
if you are going to be in that area of the river you better be running a jet drive. The water is extremely shallow now.

sirmike68
10-25-2008, 11:16 PM
I launched at the Fort Sask boat launch last week and originally planned to cruise down towards Vinca bridge. On average I would guess the river is 1-2 ft deep with a 20 foot channel that continually runs about 4-5 ft. If you can follow this channel your are in good shape. I made it to Sherritt and turned around because it was so shallow and I could see birds STANDING in the water right across the whole river which I decided could only spell disaster for myself so I turned it around and called it a season.

Alberta Bigbore
10-26-2008, 04:55 AM
50st in Edmonton is decent, Nice and close. You just stay away from there boy;):D

Marvel
10-27-2008, 03:41 PM
if you are going to be in that area of the river you better be running a jet drive. The water is extremely shallow now.

I'd say! About 8-10 km or so downstream of the 855 bridge is a GIANT boulder garden. They are strewn across the river with some being well out of the water and some hidding just under. There is absolutely no way I'd go down there with a prop.

Launches down there are far and few between.