PDA

View Full Version : Big Als Decoys

JRsMav
03-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Just signed on with Big ALs product and wondering if anyone has shot over them? Durability, looks, feedback in general would be appreciated.

Pixel Shooter
03-26-2014, 11:19 AM
congrats, thats cool. bulk AO buy LOL.........

I have 10-15 dozen big Al silhouettes to compliment my snow goose set up, I dont use them anywhere near my landing zones, usually as fill ins and behind me to make up numbers. a little undersized but ok, for the price you cant complain, they do what I want them to. I do not like the stake system, difficult to put in tough ground. they are matted so no glare unless dew or frost. like I said no complaints for my snow set up. I do not use in my Canada set up.

JRsMav
03-26-2014, 11:26 AM
ya they are going to be more fillers for us. We run a mix of 300 full bodies and shells right now, but going to use big als as fillers pretty much the same way you described your own scenario.

Are the stakes just a little weak? or will they be durable enough for up until mid October before the main freeze up?

And what do they typically retail for up in Canada?

KJB
03-28-2014, 04:26 AM
Use nothing but Big AL's sillos, great decoy at a great price. Put a ton of birds on the ground over them. Staking sytem is far better than any other system out there I find, works great all the way through the season, frozen ground or not. I have had no issues with the decoys only great sucess.
----------------------------------------

Big AL's Decoys Pro Staff

pikeslayer22
03-28-2014, 09:06 AM
I am looking for some snow Silo's as well...at 70 per dozen plus shipping these don't seem to be that great of a deal...I am looking for 12 dozen and wondering if anyone would be interested in a group buy? Maybe we could get better pricing. If not sorry for the High Jack!!

Pikebreath
03-28-2014, 10:08 AM
I am looking for some snow Silo's as well...at 70 per dozen plus shipping these don't seem to be that great of a deal...I am looking for 12 dozen and wondering if anyone would be interested in a group buy? Maybe we could get better pricing. If not sorry for the High Jack!!

For $70 per dozen you should be able to get yourself into silosocks which for snows are in my experience far superior to flat 2D silo decoys.

KJB
03-28-2014, 11:50 PM
Once you see the detail on the snow decoys 70 a dozen plus shipping is not that bad, honestly look like fullbodies at a distance, 2D silo decoys work great on snows if you put them in on an angle so that they dont dissapear when the snows come in as high as they usually do. Lots of differnet tricks a guy can pull when only using sillos.

---------------------------------------------------

Big AL's Pro Staff

Pikebreath
03-29-2014, 05:27 AM
Once you see the detail on the snow decoys 70 a dozen plus shipping is not that bad, honestly look like fullbodies at a distance, 2D silo decoys work great on snows if you put them in on an angle so that they dont dissapear when the snows come in as high as they usually do. Lots of differnet tricks a guy can pull when only using sillos.

---------------------------------------------------

Big AL's Pro Staff

Agreed ,,, particularly if you want to build a mixed spread of greys and whites where snow geese are the "bonus" birds or "secondary" targets.

However tyvek has pretty much taken over the dedicated snow goose hunter's spread (with the exception of a few guys with the money to purchase and the means to haul around several hundred full bodies). There is a reason...