PDA

View Full Version : Planned boat trips for 2014

Pixel Shooter
03-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Interested to hear what travels you may do this year with YOUR boat to do some fishing. Myself, Kootenay Lake is a give me, may fish Pend Oreille in Idaho this year along with several trips to Cold Lake to do some down rigging. What plans do you have ? :)

Safety D
03-26-2014, 12:13 PM
NSR and to run alotta skinny water !!!!!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

Alley Oop
03-26-2014, 12:16 PM
Smallish lakes in the mountains of AB as well on the BC side. No particular names at this point.
Could be BC first if this snow continues.

Jamie
03-26-2014, 12:19 PM
I want to take one of our boats way south of the Lodge on a overnight trip.
I hear rumors of a run if 20 pound plus Coho.

Jamie

Alley Oop
03-26-2014, 12:22 PM
I want to take one of our boats way south of the Lodge on a overnight trip.
I hear rumors of a run if 20 pound plus Coho.

Jamie

I heard on the news that this year is a record breaking run for Sokeye.
Have you heard about this?

Drake slayer
03-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Ill be on heart lake on opener if the ice is off

Jamie
03-26-2014, 12:37 PM
I heard on the news that this year is a record breaking run for Sokeye.
Have you heard about this?

Alley, it's so tough to put faith in those reports.
However, that being said... I sure hope it's a monster year for everything. The Official forecast has us listed as abundant returns. (Highest level available)

Our main rivers are the number 2 and number 3 Salmon returning rivers. And we hammer fish heading up both of them. (The Skeena and the Nass)

2 weeks ago I got a report out of the guys who work the Skeena test fishery.
They are expecting a Chinook return that might be the best since 1936.

Just the fact that these guys are talking is different. I am so excited about this year!

Last year was off the chart with us. In fact we gave away so many Tyee pins that I had to order more AND get a new color for 40 pound plus fish.

You should come out!

Thanks
Jamie

Alley Oop
03-26-2014, 12:44 PM
That's great Jamie.
I'll look you up next Van Isl trip.

Marsha
03-26-2014, 01:06 PM
Well I want to take my New to me toy and go from edmonton to Nordeg if I can..
then check out the Athabaska river... whitecourt to hinton

Other then that fishing 4 days a week on the river, Got to work the other 3 to pay for gas :sHa_sarcasticlol:

16' , 50 hp 2 cycle jet

Safety D
03-26-2014, 01:22 PM
Better pack a lot of fuel for that little gas pig !!!!

Marsha
03-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Better pack a lot of fuel for that little gas pig !!!!

Have 2 x 45 liter gas tanks
3 x 25 liter boat tanks
4 x 20 liter gas cans

225 liter cap !! thats why I have to work 3 days a week :angry3:

Jamie
03-26-2014, 01:36 PM
That's great Jamie.
I'll look you up next Van Isl trip.

Alley, we are up in Prince Rupert. It's the promised land of fishing!
If you ever make your way North, get in touch.

Jamie

davegrant
03-26-2014, 05:31 PM
3 provinces again this year Yellowknife for giant pike in June, North central Alberta till end of August then off to Fraser River for Sturgeon. Did Mackenzie river last year at Fort Providence outstanding except for BUGS BUGS BUGS.
All with the old reliable 1993 Johnson 115 on a 17 ft aluminum except for giant October walleye on Athabasca river with the old 12 ft tinner.

WayneChristie
03-26-2014, 07:16 PM
up and down the Oldman , Bow and SSR, hopefully a run further down for that 80 incher that was caught and released

wags
03-26-2014, 07:42 PM
Swan Lake west of Caroline. It's my nemesis lake. This year I'm gonna win...for real this time!

Cheers

Bigdad013
03-26-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm starting Friday with 6 days of fishing at the Shuswap, now if the roads would cooperate I should have the boat in Friday afternoon. Been waiting it seems like forever

fish gunner
03-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Hatching a plan for ants on kootaney lake, hope to catch a caddis hatch on columbia. Still hopeing to hit minne . See If cant give wags a hand on swan lol.

EZM
03-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Looks like I might be following you around Pixel Shooter .....

A few trips out to Cold, a trip to Kootenay, a spring trip to Meadow Lake Provincial and probably another fall trip like Manitoba's last year trip.

It should be pretty awesome ........... I can't wait.

silvercloud
03-26-2014, 09:32 PM
My new boat is big enough to allow me to attack bigger water. I'd like to get to Cold to take a run at it, but we'll see how it works out. Sherburne to officially start and finish the year with probably another trip in between, Rolling at least once, hopefully one new place down south to be determined. The local stocked trout pond (McLaren's) for the initial shakedown run and scattered throughout the year depending on the weather. I'll be at Blood at least once but the boat may not see the water there-I tend to use there as a decompressor sitting in a lawn chair with a line in the water drinking beer. Maybe Big Knife/Forestburg depending on the happenings of the year? Too much work, too little time....

Wild&Free
03-27-2014, 05:23 AM
Interested to hear what travels you may do this year with YOUR boat to do some fishing. Myself, Kootenay Lake is a give me, may fish Pend Oreille in Idaho this year along with several trips to Cold Lake to do some down rigging. What plans do you have ? :)

I've been watching that lake for a few years now, reports and studies and what not. Personally, I'm waiting to hear if they get more Gerrard's for another round of stocking then waiting a few years.

Here's a secret for all of Alberta, before fishinggeeks started pulling footballs out of Deifenbaker, that lake is where the last WR was caught. It was 6 years old and ~38lbs...

curtis_rak
03-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Bass trip to Osoyoos in August and then Salmon/Halibut in Prince Rupert in September.

Otherwise, mostly local lake fishing.

fish99
03-27-2014, 07:00 PM
cold lake , gull, pigeon, kananiskis upper and lower just for starters.

billycap
03-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Taking out the tinner for the first float of the year tomorrow. Riding the rivers around here in the spring is high risk high reward fishing. Kinda scoped it out today and its looking like some very low clear water. Only 10ft across in spots and gets pretty fast moving and has some very shallow spots. Nothing like getting road rash when you fall out of a boat:thinking-006: Still lots of ice at shore but no complete coverage anywhere. Didnt see any sweepers but there is always a few this time of year. Only doing about 7km on this half day trip. If it runs well ill do the 50km 2 day mission asap because time is already running out and the mountain chocolate milk machine will be firing up within a couple weeks.

Good luck in your adventures ppl!

Freedom55
03-27-2014, 07:42 PM
I start May 27 and finish June 29. That will be 25+ days in the boat, including 12 days in my partner's boat, as we follow the Western Canadian Walleye Trail; maybe a day with Mr. Walleye Bob. Weather permitting.

That's Delaronde, Moose, Pinehurst, and Lesser Slave. Might be the last kick at that cat for this long timer so I'm hoping to go out in a blaze of glory. New partner, new luck.

Then autumn and my three favorite lakes in the world, including Madge and Diefenbaker. I want to buy a place on Delaronde and live out my life eating walleye. That other fella wants to move to Belize and fish off-shore. What a nut!?

Free

Rikkles Fisher
03-27-2014, 08:06 PM
As long as no one is planning to take their boat in the Clearwater River il be happy, that poor beautiful river and fish should not have to deal with boats!:angry3:

bobalong
03-27-2014, 10:31 PM
Dilberry
Pigeon
Sask Landing
Moose
Waterhen
More Pigeon and Lac. St. Anne

ontario gunner
03-27-2014, 10:48 PM
April 18-29 detroit river walleye run erie perch run
May 22-June 3 western basin erie walleye
June 26-july8 st.clair muskies and smallies

YeeHaw
03-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Besnard, Montreal, Bittern, Tobin, Pipprel, Deschambou. All Sask lakes. Cant wait to show up my father and brother in their new tinners, and maby teach them how to fish at the same time. Lol

Alberta_bassman
03-28-2014, 02:16 PM
lake of the woods is where i go every year .. rent a house hotel motel for 90 days or so .. i have a 12 foot aluim with a 9.9 merc .minnkota troller ,gps and fishfinder .. only gunna go for 30 days to start cause partner skipped out on me .. so i got to tackle all the smallies, largies,pike.walleye,perch,crappie,laketrout, all by my self :fighting0074:.. but the hardest 1 to catch by my self is MUSKY ,,,
i have no net person so it will be a little harder then last year .. A normal day of fishing there is 4:30 am till 9:00 am is musky trolling targeting time .. try for one .. 9:00am till noon is smallies and largie time .. lunch till 1 or so then from 1:00 pm till 6:00 nap time or keep fishing but really hot and humid out .. 6:00pm-8:00 pm is whatever do what ever .. 8:00 pm till midnight is MUSKY time .. thats when you catch em most so thats when i fish em most b4 and into dark ... but ya guuna be so fun .. Lake of the wood is hands down the best lake to fish at .. best in the world in my books .. cant wait gunna be so sick
:sHa_shakeshout:

BeeGuy
03-28-2014, 02:19 PM
First trip of this season will be to hit the river and find some Alberta Steelhead.

theycallmeNoah
03-28-2014, 02:31 PM
I want to buy a place on Delaronde and live out my life eating walleye.
Free

My aunt and uncle now live full time at Delaronde and LOVE it!!

Freedom55
03-30-2014, 10:42 AM
There's a place at East Bay with a red roof and a couple of outbuildings that is for sale. Has water frontage and is too far for the casual observer. Perfect three season living, and only one million$!!

Free (but poor)

super mario
03-30-2014, 11:13 AM
THIS summer going EAST manitoba big cuts fishing and smal BASSin ONTARIO

silver
03-31-2014, 07:18 AM
Well I want to take my New to me toy and go from edmonton to Nordeg if I can..
then check out the Athabaska river... whitecourt to hinton

Other then that fishing 4 days a week on the river, Got to work the other 3 to pay for gas :sHa_sarcasticlol:

16' , 50 hp 2 cycle jet

I am in the same boat as you, I bought a 16' lund Alaskan with a 65 merc jet as my new to me boat. I am planning to learn about my boat on a few small lakes in the spring and summer and in the fall when the water will be clear, I am going to try the North Sask river.
Next year I would like to try Pinehouse lake and the Churchill river system.

WayneChristie
03-31-2014, 08:49 AM
I am in the same boat as you, I bought a 16' lund Alaskan with a 65 merc jet as my new to me boat. I am planning to learn about my boat on a few small lakes in the spring and summer and in the fall when the water will be clear, I am going to try the North Sask river.
Next year I would like to try Pinehouse lake and the Churchill river system.
be aware if you get near weedbeds in the lake, you will choke up and overheat very fast, found that out the hard way

rmillsfishing
03-31-2014, 12:46 PM
rock lake, Emerson lakes, wab, athabasca river, dolberg, freeman river, sebiert lake and hopefully lots more

wags
03-31-2014, 12:52 PM
As long as no one is planning to take their boat in the Clearwater River il be happy, that poor beautiful river and fish should not have to deal with boats!:angry3:

Do you see this often? I can't imagine a boat making it very far on the Clearwater in most places.

Cheers

chriscosta
03-31-2014, 01:40 PM
I wanna pack my pontoons in the truck with my fishing rods and be gone to northern ontario ...who knows where ill fish or what ill catch but it should be a blast ....cant wait

nimrod
03-31-2014, 10:06 PM
Well can't take a boat there but the plane will do just fine, heading in with Mikisew, then my own pond every night during open water season, for Rainbows, love it when they rise, bugs beware

bush junkie
04-01-2014, 12:04 PM
I plan on leaving the mac and heading to fort smith may long. Hopefully we find a few monster pike and walleyes near chip, looking forward to some athabasca lakers too :)89227

iliketrout
04-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Many trips planned at the southern reservoirs but really looking forward to a 3 or 4 day weekend out to the arrows to beat my PB Dolly, and pull some hair for a gerard. Love fishing that lake!

Safety D
04-01-2014, 12:21 PM
That's rock star fishing at lake of the woods !!!!!!