PDA

View Full Version : Bighorn video near Exhsaw

bergman
03-26-2014, 02:11 PM
I took a video of some nice rams a few weeks ago; one might be a trophy - but it was the first time I actually saw one take a head-butt run at another. At 00:15 one of the bigger rams whomps a smaller guy right in the butt.

I would love to see some of these guys go at each other head-on during the rut. Just like the cartoons!

Edit: forgot to add the link! http://backcountryblog.ca/2014/03/25/186/

blackmamba
03-26-2014, 06:30 PM
neat video .. both those rams are are still fairly young and need a few more year to mature..

brother1
03-27-2014, 04:28 PM
cool video, that'd be a nice sight to see.

jacenbeers
03-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Great video. I love how many sheep are in that area.

marlin1
03-28-2014, 11:44 AM
cool to see for sure . I agree with Mamba though . When I was working at a plant near Exshaw the guys were telling me sheep would come right into the shop and nudge a guy grinding steel , sparks flying and all. Pretty tame around there . Saw a few dead on the highway and a Grizz as well . All right around Exshaw

Stinky Buffalo
03-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Wasn't the "Ballpeen Hammer Ram" from that area as well?

Cool video. Thanks for posting!

bergman
03-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Yep, I see them a lot around there from fall to spring. Elk, too, by the boatload.

I have seen the school yard at Exshaw full of sheep, too. That's what an 800m ban on hunting from the centreline of the highway does I guess!
If I get any other good videos I'll post them, but mostly my videos are just of animals being animals - eating and walking around.

Whats the Ballpeen Ram? Was that a big ram taken out of the area?

flyguyd
03-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Yep, I see them a lot around there from fall to spring. Elk, too, by the boatload.

I have seen the school yard at Exshaw full of sheep, too. That's what an 800m ban on hunting from the centreline of the highway does I guess!
If I get any other good videos I'll post them, but mostly my videos are just of animals being animals - eating and walking around.

Whats the Ballpeen Ram? Was that a big ram taken out of the area?

Was a vehicle injured ram that a guy put put of its misery with a ballpeen hammer cause thats all he had with him , or something like that:thinking-006:

cochranenite
03-29-2014, 12:59 AM
Lol the ball pen sheep , I use to work at the same plant where that guy works.
I remember sheep in the parking lot , watching them butt heads by the crushing plant.

CN