PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake

NCFlyfishin
03-28-2014, 01:36 PM
hi guys, I've heard a couple of rumours about gull being pretty murky, is this true? i really want to know because if it is ill just go to a different lake on sunday

binnzer32
03-28-2014, 03:39 PM
Really murky around brownlows and north west. Wasnt bad at birch bay but real murky the shallower u go. Fish r still there just gotta feel them. Can't see them.

hi guys, I've heard a couple of rumours about gull being pretty murky, is this true? i really want to know because if it is ill just go to a different lake on sunday

fish99
03-28-2014, 04:50 PM
was clear on sunday site fished perch and whites good day. cheers.

Zip-in-Z
03-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Yes ... although more foggy than murky, was out on Brownlows on Wed. just before this snow ..... was anchored over 8 fow & you could sight fish easily, but the Marcum camera was struggling seeing fish in the distance .... ie 10 to 15 feet away. This is why you should use something flashy or a thumper if your on a sandy bottom to draw them into your fishin zone. Like the fella who was on Sylvan yesterday that caught his limit, he had a brass thumper & a yellow W/W tied about 2 feet higher, his dinner bell was ringing while his W/W was singing!

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/hi.gif

Z-Z

binnzer32
03-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Fishing was still good over northwest of brownlows. ..couldn't see my wire worms but was still able to catch a few and a perch. Birch bay was terrible. I wasted 4 hours there in the a.m. without seeing a whitey. I was bangin a brass/goldish colored wetaskiwin with a big weight 2 ft under it to bring fish around. Caught them all and missed them on the yellow and orange candy cane wireworm. Good luck to everyone. I tried a spoon with wireworm 2 ft up no luck and tried pink ww and brass coloured with no luck. Thanks for the tips zip good luck out there.

Mike

pikekid
03-28-2014, 08:27 PM
The water isnt murky in brownlows, cause iwas there on tuesday and the water clarity is normal even if the sun peeks out a little but when cloudy its not as difficult to see the bottom,I had 2 whites from 3pm-5pm and seen a couple big perch checking out the pike spoo. It was a cloudy/snowy day but the the action was fun seen a lot of small fish. And the whitefish liked the daredevil spoon (big spoon). Me and my dad might head out this weekend

binnzer32
03-28-2014, 08:53 PM
Well I was there today and it was very very cloudy down there. Couldn't see my wire worms down 6 ft. Some spots were, some werent. All northwest 1-2 km from brownlows had very limited visibility in 5-10 fow. A lot can change since Tuesday. ....

The water isnt murky in brownlows, cause iwas there on tuesday and the water clarity is normal even if the sun peeks out a little but when cloudy its not as difficult to see the bottom,I had 2 whites from 3pm-5pm and seen a couple big perch checking out the pike spoo. It was a cloudy/snowy day but the the action was fun seen a lot of small fish. And the whitefish liked the daredevil spoon (big spoon). Me and my dad might head out this weekend

pikekid
03-28-2014, 09:05 PM
Well I was there today and it was very very cloudy down there. Couldn't see my wire worms down 6 ft. Some spots were, some werent. All northwest 1-2 km from brownlows had very limited visibility in 5-10 fow. A lot can change since Tuesday. ....

True, but you never know it could be the weather like as the sun peeked out a little that day I could see the bottom

binnzer32
03-28-2014, 09:17 PM
Its not the sun.. trust me kid.

True, but you never know it could be the weather like as the sun peeked out a little that day I could see the bottom