PDA

View Full Version : New Cabelas Edmonton

ADH
03-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Does anyone know what day its supposed to open?

lyallpeder
03-28-2014, 04:32 PM
I think may long weekend.

FishHunterPro
03-28-2014, 05:41 PM
Where is it being built?

Deckacards
03-28-2014, 05:42 PM
I can see it from my bedroom window. :sHa_shakeshout:

280Hunter
03-28-2014, 06:01 PM
Which side of the city is it being built?

SauceDonkey
03-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Not on the Calgary side :-(

bhguy
03-28-2014, 06:11 PM
Not on the Calgary side :-(

Even cabelas wants to stay as far away from cowtown as possible :fighting0030:

happy honker
03-28-2014, 07:09 PM
I can see it from my bedroom window. :sHa_shakeshout:

I bet that helps a lot, eh? :scared0018:

ADH
03-28-2014, 07:42 PM
its in the north end of the city just off hwy 15.... Hoping they have some grand opening sales!!!! I was just in the cabelas in the south tonight and asked the guys there... they said it opens the LAST weekend in may... not the may long weekend! Exciting!!!!!

waterninja
03-28-2014, 09:08 PM
my daughter is going to be working there part time. her first shift is april 5 for training.
store opens may 2.

bhguy
03-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Ao meet up!!

wyatt k
03-28-2014, 09:43 PM
Does anyone know what day its supposed to open?

The first one wasn't much compared to cobelas in states. They should build a big one in the mall the are planning to build in leduc airport land. Like they did with bass pro in Calgary.

Venginator
03-29-2014, 09:23 AM
I can't wait for this one to open, instead of a 20 minute drive to the south side one, it will be 5 minutes, or a 6km walk.

altex
03-29-2014, 09:39 AM
I leave 5 minutes from there. That might be hard on the bank acco:sign0161:

brohymn2
03-29-2014, 03:11 PM

tell me about it

SonofDixie
03-29-2014, 04:48 PM
Too bad there wasn't a small outdoors outfit in sherwood park.

brother1
03-30-2014, 08:12 AM
Sherwod Park Archery has some clothing, but not much else...
How big is the new Cableas supposed to be? The same as the other one?

brohymn2
03-30-2014, 08:27 AM
50000, the other one is 70000

Lefty-Canuck
03-30-2014, 08:35 AM
Sherwod Park Archery has some clothing, but not much else...
How big is the new Cableas supposed to be? The same as the other one?

Smaller....no gun library there....a few other differences for instance I think fly fishing is smaller also.

LC

mongo
03-30-2014, 09:02 AM
are they keeping both stores open or moving to the north store.

ADH
03-30-2014, 09:06 AM
are they keeping both stores open or moving to the north store.

Both will remain open

ADH
03-30-2014, 09:08 AM

Lots of people get caught up in the big store but good old canadian tire usually doesnt dissapoint for the small stuff...

jungleboy
03-30-2014, 11:49 AM
If you take away the home decor , the junk food section , The bargainless bargain room, The overpriced gun locker, they wouldn't need a big store . Even the clothes ,it's hard to find anything in there that doesn't have Cabelas name plastered all over it. yet people pay them for the privilege of advertising for them. Don't get me wrong I like Cabelas and Basspro etc but it just seems like they have a lot stuff just to fill floor space. Sort of the Wallmarts of outdoors stores

boonedocks
03-30-2014, 04:07 PM
If you take away the home decor , the junk food section , The bargainless bargain room, The overpriced gun locker, they wouldn't need a big store . Even the clothes ,it's hard to find anything in there that doesn't have Cabelas name plastered all over it. yet people pay them for the privilege of advertising for them. Don't get me wrong I like Cabelas and Basspro etc but it just seems like they have a lot stuff just to fill floor space. Sort of the Wallmarts of outdoors stores

At least they are smart enough to sell stylish hats and shirts with there name on it, not like WSS! My guess is that " the bell will be tolling" for WSS north by the end of this year.

kropsbone
03-31-2014, 06:11 PM
going to ride the bikes with the kids to check it out when it opens, wife doesnt like it so close, to convenient to spend money!

davesilva
03-31-2014, 10:59 PM
The new cabellas is 2 blocks from
My house I'll keep you posted!

brownbomber
03-31-2014, 11:06 PM

That's their niche. Like it's good for what it has, if I'm buying something I know about perfect, if it's something new to me then no thanks. Go for knick knacks, clothes, all sorts of cool things. But not a specialty store.
Say like sport chek for sports equipment. It's got good stuff but if you're really into something it's not for you, I couldn't find skates there and the ball equipment was overpriced or second rate, but they had some cool jackets and running shoes. Catch my drift?

ADH
03-31-2014, 11:12 PM
That's their niche. Like it's good for what it has, if I'm buying something I know about perfect, if it's something new to me then no thanks. Go for knick knacks, clothes, all sorts of cool things. But not a specialty store.
Say like sport chek for sports equipment. It's got good stuff but if you're really into something it's not for you, I couldn't find skates there and the ball equipment was overpriced or second rate, but they had some cool jackets and running shoes. Catch my drift?

I will respectfully disagree with that statement to a certain degree. Their gun selection is great and as far as the prices go, they will match any price in the city trust me I found the gun I wanted a phoenix in a 308 but i wanted a 3006 and they matched the price in the same gun in a 3006. they have lots of quality fishing gear as well that arent just nicknack type of stuff. They have some specialty things you cant find anywhere else in the city both for hunting and fishing. Im not saying there are better alternatives for some things but for the most part cabelas does a pretty good job of having quality gear for relatively competitive prices. definitely NOT the sport check of the outdoor world .... more like the united cycle if you ask me.

brownbomber
04-01-2014, 01:04 AM
Ohhh I don't know united cycle is pretty good, all high end stuff. The big difference to me is the staff, sport chek and Cabela's often can't tell you much about a unfamiliar product. Pro hockey life maybe ....

brendan's dad
04-01-2014, 06:59 AM
These big stores don't pay the salary that would attracted "experts" in the different fields (firearms, fishing, archery etc....). Actually Cabelas did excellent in hiring Lawrence but he is on his own now. But with access to internet reviews I rather save the money and do my own research on a product than pay more and get expert advice on scene. The only exception is when I need work done on my gun/bow, then I take it to the experts.

ADH
04-01-2014, 08:00 AM
These big stores don't pay the salary that would attracted "experts" in the different fields (firearms, fishing, archery etc....). Actually Cabelas did excellent in hiring Lawrence but he is on his own now. But with access to internet reviews I rather save the money and do my own research on a product than pay more and get expert advice on scene. The only exception is when I need work done on my gun/bow, then I take it to the experts.

Thats fair you do have to know something about what youre looking for

SD1797
04-07-2014, 08:15 AM

No doubt, I drive by it every day on my way to and from work. But still super excited for it to be so close lol