PDA

View Full Version : Namibia taxidermy

kabaner
03-31-2014, 12:09 PM
Hey Guys/Gals

I am heading out in a few weeks to Windhoek, Namibia on a plains game hunt, and I am looking for any recommendations/cautions on local taxidermists in Windhoek. I know this is a very opinionated topic, therefore I am just looking for personal experience (both good and bad) from any taxidermy you may have had done in that area. Any help would be great

Thank you

TIMWOLF
03-31-2014, 05:55 PM
I cannot comment on the taxidermy as I had mine done here in Alberta, but I do have a contact (see below) that can handle the shipping process of your taxidermy or if you elect to get it done back home she can ship your hides/horns for you as well. She has handled numerous shipments for me and is very good at what she does. By the way who are you hunting with?? I hunted there in 2012 and have another hunt booked for May 2015.

Pam Foerster
International Air Cargo Services
Unit 10, Northern Industrial Park, Newcastle St.
Windhoek, Namibia

Pam Foerster <pam-iacs@mweb.com.na>

kabaner
04-01-2014, 08:58 AM
I am going with Uhlenhorst in Namibia. Its a smaller family run business that offers a good spread of plains game, which is what we were looking for.
Thanks for the contact I will send her and E-mail. Thank you

Bobby B.
04-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Hey Guys/Gals

I am heading out in a few weeks to Windhoek, Namibia on a plains game hunt, and I am looking for any recommendations/cautions on local taxidermists in Windhoek. I know this is a very opinionated topic, therefore I am just looking for personal experience (both good and bad) from any taxidermy you may have had done in that area. Any help would be great

Thank you

Between the airport and Windhoek is a taxidermy shop called Trophiendense (sp?). It is easy spotted as they have numerous fullsize rainbow colored fake animals strewn around the front grounds. Take a couple of minutes and stop in. Along with the great number of taxidermed animals to inspect and judge for quality of workmanship, there is a decent assortment of curios and other such offerings.

Bobby B.