PDA

View Full Version : Raymarine Dragonfly sonar/chartplotter?

jwloco
04-01-2014, 11:07 AM
I am possibly getting one of these units soon, just wondering if anyone here has any reviews good or bad. The price that I am getting the unit for makes it almost impossible not to buy it anyway. Anything is an upgrade from the lowrance X4 on the boat. I will move the X4 to the bow and mount to the trolling motor.

Thanks in advance for any information.

jwloco
04-02-2014, 07:23 AM
I am surprised no one here has an opinion on this. Everyone here always has an opinion to share here.

cube
04-02-2014, 09:26 AM
You make want to read this. http://features.boats.com/boat-content/2013/09/sonar-smack-down-traditional-fishfinder-vs-down-looking-scanner-imager-vs-chirp/

Basically the Dragon Fly, while it says it has CHIRP, only has CHIRP lite if you will.

When I went to Steveston Marine in Vancouver last year, where they carry Raymarine and Lowrance etc. I was told that the best sonar would depend on what I was using it for. When I told him it was for fishing he said the Lowrance HDS units would be better for fishing than the Raymarine products. (for what that's worth). You might also give Stevestons or another dealer that carries Raymarine and some other brands and ask them what they feel would be the best for your application.

Raymarine make great products and I'm sure it will be a nice improvement over your last sonar.

Have a great season.