PDA

View Full Version : Weird AlbertRelm Anomaly

BeeGuy
04-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Just managed to sign in to renew my licenses and it says I have priority 8 for BHS and Pronghorn, as well as priority for bull moose in a couple WMU's.

I have no priority for anything.

What is the deal with that?

Did I just win the ultimate SRD lottery???

huntin
04-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Just managed to sign in to renew my licenses and it says I have priority 8 for BHS and Pronghorn, as well as priority for bull moose in a couple WMU's.

I have no priority for anything.

What is the deal with that?

Did I just win the ultimate SRD lottery???

almost to late in the day for April fools but nice try

ABwapiti
04-01-2014, 06:08 PM
They have quite a mess there I have two win numbers.

panwojciech
04-01-2014, 06:22 PM
I don’t think this is an April Fool’s joke. I have tried to log in into my account and the password didn’t work. So, I asked for a new password and when I entered my DL, the systems tells me – I don’t exist ??? I managed to get a new password but no priorities for me at all????? Will try again tomorrow… :confused:

hal53
04-01-2014, 06:26 PM
I don’t think this is an April Fool’s joke. I have tried to log in into my account and the password didn’t work. So, I asked for a new password and when I entered my DL, the systems tells me – I don’t exist ??? I managed to get a new password but no priorities for me at all????? Will try again tomorrow… :confused:
sigh...no priorities available for awhile yet, it is a staggered roll out with the new system, as per e-mails everyone should have received...and on the new RELM home page

Lefty-Canuck
04-01-2014, 06:32 PM
If you obtained a new WIN number....it's because you clicked into the wrong area.

You will need to call them and sort it out.

LC

220swifty
04-01-2014, 06:32 PM
The only anomaly I see here is BeeGuy posting in the hunting forum. ;)

Pudelpointer
04-01-2014, 06:49 PM
The only anomaly I see here is BeeGuy posting in the hunting forum. ;)

The sky is falling!

BeeGuy
04-01-2014, 06:53 PM
I never got an email.

waterhaulerhunter
04-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Myself and several people I know have got no such email from alberta relm explaining the changes.

Byron
04-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Forgive me if its been mentioned but is there no mulie antlered draws being offered this year or just the system not fully uploaded its seems to be the only one missing.

Once again sorry if its been covered just curious.

And I can't view any past priority yet, hoping ill get a boost on all mine too :)

BeeGuy
04-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Should I call the relm hotline or just keep it to
Myself?

Prob not gonna call them.

Their mistake, my gain.

randster
04-01-2014, 07:51 PM
I never got an email.
For those who didn't get the memo, copied and pasted from the e-mail.

Message from Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development

Important Information
ReLM 2 launches this month
After 16 years with the same sportfishing and hunting licensing system, the first phase of transition to a new system, ReLM 2, will begin on March 16, 2014. Provided by ACTIVE Network, the system will offer new and enhanced features as well as a new look and feel.

ACTIVE Network is a leading provider of activity and participant management solutions. It currently delivers fisheries and wildlife licensing services in over 23 jurisdictions across North America, including Saskatchewan and Ontario.

The new system is designed for convenience and ease of use, so we expect the transition to be straightforward. However, all licensing services between March 13 and March 16 (inclusive) will be unavailable as we transfer to the new system.

If you have previously purchased a licence online, you will need to re-register your WIN and password.

Key events
March 13
At 12:00 a.m. (midnight March 12), AlbertaReLM goes offline to begin changeover to new system

March 13–15 (inclusive)
No licensing sales available

March 15, 5:00 p.m.
Help desk reopens – number remains as 1-888-944-5494

March 17, 9:00 a.m.
The ReLM 2 licensing system and AlbertaReLM (website) go live

April 8–May 1
Special walleye draw applications may be purchased online at www.albertarelm.com or at an Issuer for $3.04 (plus GST)

May 9, 2014–
March 6, 2015
Special walleye licences available for purchase online at www.albertarelm.com. Paper tags and wires available at local district offices

What will not change
You can purchase WIN Cards and licences and apply for draws online through www.albertarelm.com or at an Issuer
The help desk number for all inquiries (including draw question inquiries) remains as
1-888-944-5494
Help desk hours are seven days a week from 6:00 a.m. to midnight (mountain time)
WIN Card holders can either go online or visit an Issuer to purchase all fishing and hunting licences
No new fees will be charged
What will change
Interactive voice response (1–900) phone sales will be discontinued
AlbertaReLM, as a self-service e-commerce solution, will offer multiple licence purchases and shopping cart features
The new system is flexible and will make it easy to add new services relating to the management and allocation of Alberta’s fisheries and wildlife resources
Hunters and anglers will have new, robust harvest survey tools, enabling the collection of harvest and effort information
The tag colour will change from yellow to BRIGHT GREEN. Yellow tags are no longer valid – please destroy any left over from past seasons. For licences purchased online that require tags, they can be picked up at local district offices
Hunters who have submitted heads for chronic waste disease testing and require results should call:
In Edmonton: 780-638-3578
Toll free in Alberta: 310-0000 + office area code + telephone number
Cellular:
Roger's Wireless: *310 + office's area code + telephone number
Bell and Telus: #310 + office's area code + telephone number
Transition phases – highlights
For the 2014/15 season, specific licensing and services will progressively come online to meet seasonal demand. Complete hunter and angler information and purchase history will not be available until the end of Phase 4.

Phase 1 – March 16, 2014

Sportfishing licences, WIN Card purchases, spring bear, turkey, wolf and all associated licences and certificates will be available for purchase
WIN profiles with name, address, email, ID and phone number will be available
Phase 2 – starting mid-April 2014

Current draw priority information available
May – licence history available for 2012 and 2013
All draw applications available
Phase 3 – July/August 2014

Disease (chronic wasting disease) and Game Harvest Survey functionality released
Phase 4 – Fall 2014

Access to all licence purchase history information will be available
Frequently asked questions
When can I start using the new system?

A. You can begin using the new system on March 16, 2014.

How will tags be printed?

A. Tags will be essentially be the same as current online tags – on rolls and numbered, with adhesive and instructions to affix printed on the reverse. Preprinted tags will be provided at no cost. In 2014, tags will change from yellow to BRIGHT GREEN. You must complete the required areas on the tag.

Is there a support or help desk number I can call if I need assistance?

A. Yes, the same number used for support in the past will continue to be used: 1-888-944-5494.

Will I still be able to purchase online?

A. Yes, purchases are available both online and at Issuer locations.

Do I still need a WIN Card?

A. Yes, the WIN Card will remain a requirement of the licensing system for licence purchases.

Is the WIN Card changing?

A. No, the current WIN Card, with a 10-digit number, remains the same.

Once a new WIN Card or a renewal is applied for, how long does delivery take?

A. Expect delivery within approximately 20 days of ordering.

Links
https://www.albertarelm.com

http://mywildalberta.com

Other resources
Alberta Hunting Regulations publication

Alberta Sportfishing Regulations publication

Send this to a friend | Unsubscribe

srd.alberta.ca
Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development
Fish and Wildlife
9920-108 Street
Edmonton, AB T5K 2M4

This email was created and delivered using Industry Mailout

sureshot
04-01-2014, 08:23 PM
I can't even log in. Says I don't exist

Lefty-Canuck
04-01-2014, 08:27 PM

Go to create an account first...then follow the directions.

I had the same thing initially...and it's not totally intuitive but it does work, I did mine and helped my Dad wth his.

LC

KBF
04-01-2014, 08:48 PM
I went into update my address and what not and found a few spots at bottom where it says to verify I am in good standing, also that I'm a resident. There's one that says to verify that I had passed hunter education. Says they want certificate #. That was 20 yrs ago. I don't have that certificate. Is there somewhere online I can find that or am I gonna have to call an office?

Lefty-Canuck
04-01-2014, 08:52 PM
I went into update my address and what not and found a few spots at bottom where it says to verify I am in good standing, also that I'm a resident. There's one that says to verify that I had passed hunter education. Says they want certificate #. That was 20 yrs ago. I don't have that certificate. Is there somewhere online I can find that or am I gonna have to call an office?

You went into an incorrect area...you went in as though you have never been in the system before. You will have to call them to sort it out now I think.

LC

KBF
04-01-2014, 09:05 PM
You went into an incorrect area...you went in as though you have never been in the system before. You will have to call them to sort it out now I think.

LC

I just figured it was part of the process, cuz I was just updating and that was one of the next things. Now I never selected the box because I saw it said I would need to provide a # so I didn't select. Do you see the spot Lefty?

Lefty-Canuck
04-01-2014, 09:09 PM
When I did it it asked if I had hunted in Alberta before...and I selected yes, I never was asked to provide proof of taking a course...because under the old system if you had purchased a WIN/hunting license in Alberta before you don't have to provide proof.

I did have to confirm my driver license number and ensure my address was correct and create a new password if I recall though.

I followed this,

It appears you must re-register/re-activate your account again:

The following steps worked for me:

Step 1. Access https://www.albertarelm.com/createHFProfile.do?intst=true
Step 2. Click on "Yes, I have gone sportfishing or hunting previously in Alberta."
Step 3. Enter your win and date of birth.
Step 4. If you entered your driving license in the old site you will be prompted to validate your account by entering the driving license. DO NOT ENTER hypen just digits from DL as it is mentioned above.

LC

KBF
04-01-2014, 09:18 PM
When I did it it asked if I had hunted in Alberta before...and I selected yes, I never was asked to provide proof of taking a course...because under the old system if you had purchased a WIN/hunting license in Alberta before you don't have to provide proof.

I did have to confirm my driver license number and ensure my address was correct and create a new password if I recall though.

LC

You are correct. I had done my initial login after the changes came about. This is happening now when you go into your profile. Then on the left side it's shows " My Account, then Update profile where it will show all your info. It's down near the bottom. Maybe I just worry too much. But hey this is important.:)

waterninja
04-01-2014, 09:58 PM
wouldn't it be nice if revenue canada didn't know you exist?

Big Daddy Badger
04-01-2014, 10:16 PM
sigh...no priorities available for awhile yet, it is a staggered roll out with the new system, as per e-mails everyone should have received...and on the new RELM home page

Whew.... I was reaching for the nitro when I saw that my priority history was...no more.

Wild&Free
04-02-2014, 02:51 AM
this young fella just buys his tags at a store, this technology stuff is just a headache.

panwojciech
04-02-2014, 03:21 AM
wouldn't it be nice if revenue canada didn't know you exist?

I wish.....LOL!:)

Corpus
04-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Go to create an account first...then follow the directions.

I had the same thing initially...and it's not totally intuitive but it does work, I did mine and helped my Dad wth his.

LC

Had same problem, said my WIN didn't exist. I tried creating an account, it asks for win and birthday and it still failed. So I made a new account and received a new win. Afterwards, I started thinking maybe that was illegal so I called the 1-800 # and got a woman with an accent that was so incredibly difficult to understand I gave up and told her I would take care of it myself.

paul1964
04-02-2014, 11:54 AM
just talked to operations will tack approx two more weeks for everything to be down loaded including priority lists

WRHT
04-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Had same problem, said my WIN didn't exist. I tried creating an account, it asks for win and birthday and it still failed. So I made a new account and received a new win. Afterwards, I started thinking maybe that was illegal so I called the 1-800 # and got a woman with an accent that was so incredibly difficult to understand I gave up and told her I would take care of it myself.
I had the same problem. Emailed them and gave them my right Win number and the new one I got. They emailed back with a new password and it was corrected to my original Win.

Ronji
04-02-2014, 12:09 PM
That's exactly what happened to me. The girl on the other end said she was going to speak to a supervisor and somebody would get back to me. That was on Monday. It sounds like they have start up issues that need to ironed out.
Can't fish anyhow, and as long as it doesn't mess with spring bear I'm fine.

TBark
04-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Not looking forward to logging on.
But I'll have to soon, Walleye draws are nearing.
Gunna have to check WINs and P's for 4 family members, ughhh.

TBark

Corpus
04-02-2014, 01:38 PM
I had the same problem. Emailed them and gave them my right Win number and the new one I got. They emailed back with a new password and it was corrected to my original Win.

Thanks I emailed them just now. We'll see what happens. I already ordered new WIN card and bought a new fishing licence so hope that's not messed up.

Couleestalker
04-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Not looking forward to logging on.
But I'll have to soon, Walleye draws are nearing.
Gunna have to check WINs and P's for 4 family members, ughhh.

TBark

Just make sure when you are looking for your profile and it asks for your driver's license number do not put any spaces or dashes.

muzzy
04-02-2014, 03:29 PM
When I went in to register again yesterday I ended up with a new WIN number which of course means losing all my priority points I called the number, waited 43 minutes and finally got a fellow from what had to be Alabama based on his drawl ( I asked him where he was from he said somewhere in North America, wow govt so secretive!) Anyways he was great walked me thru it cleared up my duplicate WIN card and helped me get set up Just call the number, offer whoever answers grits and corn mash brew and you'll be good to go in seconds

V_1
04-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Hi
Does anyone see their priorities already??

hal53
04-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Hi
Does anyone see their priorities already??
nope, except Beeguy got his.....

randymarriott
04-03-2014, 12:44 AM

I had the same issue. Then I ebtered my DL# without the (-) before the last 3 digits and it worked just fine. Hope this helps!
cheers

roper1
04-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Hey Beeguy, I will be your guide but we'll be so busy talking about the teacher & the economist we'll scare all the game away. Lol

BeeGuy
04-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Hey Beeguy, I will be your guide but we'll be so busy talking about the teacher & the economist we'll scare all the game away. Lol

I only drop animals beyond 1000yards, so our yammering should not be an issue.

Pronghorns aren't scared of trucks anyways, and my matte black paint job is perfect camo at certain times of day...